Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

East Yorkshire. What's it like?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2416
    Thanks @Snap ! It'll be a big upheaval. We'll be OK but still a bit concerned about the kids, especially if schools don't go back properly in Sept.

Looking forward to exploring the coast and so on though. Whereabouts are you?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    I actually a fair way from you, sheffield/derbys border, but we go up there a fair bit. 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    I’ve lived in Hull and Grimsby and worked around the villages surrounding Hull up the coastline to Bridlington.

I lived in Grafton Street as a student - The Grafton Hotel? maybe Social club at the end of the road is where Paul Heaton used to drink and played early gigs. A bit of useless trivia for you.

The Hull accent takes a bit of getting used to...once you’ve stopped laughing at it.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2416
    Well, we're here... the move took four days owing to Coronavirus, or something. Not a week I'd want to repeat in a hurry.

Just the 26,327 boxes still to unpack. On the plus side, the sun is shining and the coast is a short train ride away.
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2919
    Stuckfast said:
    Well, we're here... the move took four days owing to Coronavirus, or something. Not a week I'd want to repeat in a hurry.

Just the 26,327 boxes still to unpack. On the plus side, the sun is shining and the coast is a short train ride away.
    Your 40 mins to Brid on the train.  Just over and hour and a bit to Scarborough.  Have you visited Bridlington in the past?   I like it but its got its own charm.   If you drive do so and go visit Flambrough cliffs and North Landing.  Stunning.