Is this acceptable on a £1545 guitar?

What's Hot

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2442
    Return it as 'unwanted' as opposed to 'faulty'. That way you can bypass their bullshit justification.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 725
    That’s a shame. Looked cracking, really like the look of these even though they polar opposite from what I’d normally buy. 

Having just spent a tiny bit over what you just spent, only to find the neck was shimmed with a business card and the bridge was out of adjustment both in height and intonation - brand new - as setup from the factory (judging by the business card), I feel your pain. Problem is I ******** love the thing. Bought a new bridge and that solved all my problems, so another £100 gone. Now just noticed the fret markers are all 1mm over to the bass side ffs. Still keeping it though lol. I built a guitar at the age of 17, Stoned as a stoned thing, and it doesn’t have any of these problems! 

Is there anything else you want? Will it make you as happy as this model? I get your (rightfully) not happy, Andertons have done what they’ve done (I’ve been there before with them too), but forgetting they’re wanky reply, can you live with it? If no, send it back, pay their £15 and chalk it up as hit and don’t give them your money again. The swirling looks annoying, I could live with the other bits. Your paying for the resale value of the brand and the limited edition. But it does look killer!! 
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6886
    edited March 2020
    Ah paid by visa I'm afraid! 

Hm, nothing else on the radar really, except a Fender jazzmaster ultra (because it has a flatter radius).. but we'll see what happens with this tomorrow... 

I'd give a third one a shot ideally but they didn't offer, presumably because they don't see anything amiss with this one.. 

The hilarious thing is, last week when I called them to explain and arrange an exchange for the previous one, the fella said don't worry, I'll put a note to have the QC guys at the warehouse check one over for ya... 

This is what arrived lol! 

Its frikkin hard to photograph. And initially I didnt notice the swirls, but when light hit it its pretty evident. 

Tried to take some more photo's to kind of show what I mean: 
    This is just in me bedroom with the light on, no extra high powered shit. 

Whilst theres always gonna be normal reflections, the light really catches the scratches and theyre in abundance so it creates like a haze. 

Obviously in person as you move the guitar or light or whatnot, its more evident. 

Deffo worse around the floyd, and lower half of the body around the pickups and knobs. 

The back isnt as bad. Its like a different bloke polished the front with his jeans during a sandstorm haha. 

Below I held the guitar directly in the light so as to make it more apparent. 

Yet here near the top of the front its ok.. to see the difference. 
    Probably not hugely scientific mind.. 

Surface scratches are a given, after playing and polishing/cleaning, getting in and out of the case etc, over time they'll develop.. just a bit of a turn off on a brand new guitar! 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 727
    That's fucking appalling QC.

For the record you can speak to your bank about a Visa Debit chargeback too. It's definitely doable, especially considering Andertons are trying to charge you for return shipping.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6982
    Christ. No way I would take that guitar.

Some cunt has written all over it too. Appalling QC!
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7248
    Bit of a nuisance.  To be fair though, £15 is buttons compared to the time & travel cost of going there in person to check one out - not to mention the psychological trauma of finding a parking space near Anderton’s.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4011
    In the Great Jazzmaster Bucklerash Controversy thread I almost said I'd seen guitars in a worse state that were supposedly "brand new", if I had I'd now be pointing to this and saying "look, that was what I was talking about".
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24864
    Just looking at the pictures, I’d have to return it. And not because of the faults.....
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4178
    Cols said:
    Bit of a nuisance.  To be fair though, £15 is buttons compared to the time & travel cost of going there in person to check one out - not to mention the psychological trauma of finding a parking space near Anderton’s.
    This. Send it back, pay the £15 and move on.

I bought an amp from Andertons, hated it and sent it back for £15. Cheaper than driving to and back to a physical shop for me. Not a problem.

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6886
    Philtre said:
    Cols said:
    This. Send it back, pay the £15 and move on.

I bought an amp from Andertons, hated it and sent it back for £15. Cheaper than driving to and back to a physical shop for me. Not a problem.

Aye, it is true. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    I like Andertons for their range, price and quick delivery however the customer service can be hit or miss and their quality inspections is a load of tosh.

I agree with everyone though if your not happy now you won't be further down the road, send it back and try and find a better one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    Send it back. Swallow the £15. No what dealing with Andertons now means and put them somewhat further down your list of preferred traders 
    The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NickNick Frets: 98
    edited March 2020
    During my tenure there, I would have swapped that out for you at no charge - the marks are quite clearly present. There's not much to gain by encouraging you to keep a guitar you aren't happy with, or zinging you for a return fee.  Neither of those scenarios would inspire your return business.

Sadly you may be the victim of an inexperienced sales office team member, or a rushed decision from whoever is managing the office nowadays. I would add that neither of those scenarios should give you a poor impression of the staff, who generally try their best without much in the way of adequate training or support.
  • CeeJayCeeJay Frets: 455
    edited March 2020
    Can't believe so many people are telling you to swallow the £15. It's faulty for Christs sake. Statutory Rights come into play here. Why should you be out of pocket?  
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2047
    I had a very similar experience with Andertons with the squealing Jackson - the answer they sent back, “they all do that, sir” was laughable. 

I think they they may have a particularly dim member of staff working returns. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    I found an issue with a Les Paul traditional a year and a half back (not Andertons this time, but one of the big national chains) - well, my tech /setup guy did, who I pay a small fee to examine anything expensive I'm buying that I have doubts over - a twisted neck.  Not so bad that I noticed it right away, but when a straight edge was put on it it became obvious that it was twisted laterally and not something that could be tweaked away.
    This got returned but they refused to refund me the delivery cost as they claimed no fault found and that it was simply 'natural movement during shipping'.
    They then sold it on again immediately online as brand new. 
    I feel for the unfortunate person who then got that one, especially as it was a grand and a half of someone's hard earned pay...

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    CeeJay said:
    Can't believe so many people are telling you to swallow the £15. It's faulty for Christs sake. Statutory Rights come into play here. Why should you be out of pocket?  
    The reason is that to most people on here £15. 00 is chump change, :/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    CeeJay said:
    Well, yes, if he can get it back. But if it's going to be a pain then suck it up and move on. Can the OP get back to them one more time and speak to the manager?

• ColsCols Frets: 7248
    CeeJay said:
    Oh, very well.

(Grabs pitchfork and flaming torch, heads towards Guildford)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    BTW - what is that guitar?