Is this acceptable on a £1545 guitar?

What's Hot

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2420
    DefaultM said:
    Fart in the box just as you seal it.
    And if you happen to follow through, bonus!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2940

Contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline (formerly known as Consumer Direct) if you need more help with a consumer problem.

Call the helpline

Citizens Advice consumer helpline: 0808 223 1133

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1157
    beed84 said:
    DefaultM said:
    Fart in the box just as you seal it.
    And if you happen to follow through, bonus!
    ‘Sorry it may well be covered in shit but that what guitars are like, this has passed my QC’
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7138
    I don’t like your idea of case candy :(
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7345
    no - Gold sparkle / Purple is not acceptable on a £1545 guitar!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

On a serious note though, I've become annoyed at how Andertons have turned it on me by repeating 'it may not be up to my expectations'.. 

Eh? 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3993
    edited March 2020
    skunkwerx said:
    On a serious note though, I've become annoyed at how Andertons have turned it on me by repeating 'it may not be up to my expectations'.. 

Eh? 
    They best list everything as B stock if that's the case. At a 20% reduction let's say.
  • prlgmnr said:
    skunkwerx said:

Eh? 
    They best list everything as B stock if that's the case. At a 20% reduction let's say.
    Except Fenders... they have a minimum retail price remember? ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1947
    skunkwerx said:
    Well I sharted all over it. Was more of a pebble dash. 

Eh? 
    Maybe this is where Fretboard definition of 'as new' comes from?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeeTeeDeeTee Frets: 764
    Quick question, and apologies if this has already been answered: did you purchase this using any sort of credit, like a loan or credit card? If so, the lender is equally liable. You may have more success approaching them.

If the lender still says no, you should be able to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    DeeTee said:
    Quick question, and apologies if this has already been answered: did you purchase this using any sort of credit, like a loan or credit card? If so, the lender is equally liable. You may have more success approaching them.

If the lender still says no, you should be able to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.
    No just paid for it on visa.. I should get a credit card for these things but I know what'll happen lol..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3347
    skunkwerx said:
    DeeTee said:

No just paid for it on visa.. I should get a credit card for these things but I know what'll happen lol..
    Visa debit? If so they still offer the same kind of protection as visa credit. Call your card issuer to find out. 
  • I mean, to be honest, the additional responses those tw@ts sent have galvanised me, I'm never using them again- I sent a link to a Nylon Faith on this forum earlier but if they think that is anything other than total lack of quality control, they're either clueless, dishonest, or a mix of both and now the Tele, and 335 I'm looking for categorically won't come from them so I hope they enjoy deducting that £15 courier fee. I'm so sorry you've had such a wank service from them. I'd suggest 15-20 pints of Guinness before your box fart; hopefully that provokes a couple of good sphincter clenching, black spot before the eyes gleaning, retches when they open it and retrieve the guitar. Even if it was recently cured Nitro it shouldn't have swirls like that, and the edge near the neck has blown. 
    Lil update. 

I received the refund fast enough. 

Posted a review via feefo and a manager got in touch, apologised and admitted it wasnt good. 

Can't fault that. 

He's refunding the courier charge and given me £15 in points. 

I havent got back to him yet, but I'll see if anything else can be offered if I give a 3rd one a go.. 
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 996
    Glad someone got back in touch with you. Is it worth trying another supplier or did Andertons have the best price?
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2420
    edited March 2020
    skunkwerx said:
    Lil update. 

I received the refund fast enough. 

Posted a review via feefo and a manager got in touch, apologised and admitted it wasnt good. 

Can't fault that. 

He's refunding the courier charge and given me £15 in points. 

I havent got back to him yet, but I'll see if anything else can be offered if I give a 3rd one a go.. 
    Rightly so. Although, if I were you, I'd be tempted to actually go and pick one up in the flesh this time.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Very pleased you've been sorted :)

And I can't help thinking this thread has helped. IMO it's not a coincidence they moved from 'it may not be up to my expectations' (wtf?) to manager waving a magic wand.
    Aye true that. 

I'm still undecided about another. 
    I would really like one whilst they're still available.. but also... Now the moneys back it's tempting to save it.. 

literally in two minds.

first world problems or what. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12444
    skunkwerx said:
    Aye true that. 

I would really like one whilst they're still available.. but also... Now the moneys back it's tempting to save it.. 

literally in two minds.

Any chance you could get to see one at another seller? I’d be curious to see if they really are as badly finished as the last one you had, to finally pin down if it’s shoddy QC from ESP or bullshit from Andertons. 
    boogieman said:
    skunkwerx said:
    Aye true that. 

literally in two minds.

Any chance you could get to see one at another seller? I’d be curious to see if they really are as badly finished as the last one you had, to finally pin down if it’s shoddy QC from ESP or bullshit from Andertons. 
    Yeah I'd like to see too. 

The two I had from Andertons were both strange. But the first ones finish was nice and glossy And very sparkly, no scratches but it did have the chip in it and a white spot of debris stuck under the top coat. 

The second one, due to the buffing error was half as sparkly.

The closest place I can find them in stock is Andertons.. and thats a 120 mile round trip, and I'm currently in a Fiat 500 courtesy car haha! 

I think some guitarguitar stores have them but theyre up north, and Gak I think have 1 but thats further than Andertons.. 

Not many reviews online but they report nothing but good things, however, they're all Usa which got them last year, so I'm guessing the Uk had a second batch which could have had issues, or just been through a longer journey maybe.