Is this acceptable on a £1545 guitar?

What's Hot

Comments

• JackobeanJackobean Frets: 668
    Philtre said:
    BTW - what is that guitar?
    LTD KH-2 Ouija.

Coda have one in stock. They'll treat you a damn sight better than these jokers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7177
    Probably an argument that the prevalence of 'relics' is causing confusion amongst inexperienced shop workers about what is/isn't acceptable on a new guitar.

Send it back, kick off if they don't cover return, and take your business elsewhere.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CeeJayCeeJay Frets: 455
    Cols said:
    CeeJay said:
    Can't believe so many people are telling you to swallow the £15. It's faulty for Christs sake. Statutory Rights come into play here. Why should you be out of pocket?  
    Oh, very well.

(Grabs pitchfork and flaming torch, heads towards Guildford)
    That did amuse me. I was getting a little exited wasn't I!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12482
    edited March 2020
    Send them one of the second batch of photos, where the scratches are really obvious and ask again if this is “part of the normal finishing process”. If they seriously  can’t see how shit that is on a brand new £1500 guitar, I would never deal with them again. 

Btw, is this definitely brand new? Was it a sealed box? Could it be a return that someone’s played and scratched up? 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7177
    boogieman said:
    Send them one of the second batch of photos, where the scratches are really obvious and ask again if this is “part of the normal finishing process”. If they seriously  can’t see how shit that is on a brand new £1500 guitar, I would never deal with them again. 
    I think they obviously can see it but are fobbing him off.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12482
    edited March 2020
    tony99 said:
    boogieman said:
    I think they obviously can see it but are fobbing him off.
    Oh aye I agree, but it gives the buyer more ammunition to escalate if they’re claiming that’s somehow a “normal” result of finishing. I’d be sending the pic to the branch manager too...and maybe even a link to this thread. 
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 618
    I would have sent it straight back. Not new quality with those swirls. I got 10 year old guitars that show less swirling. I was contemplating a new £1549 guitar from Andertons and now not sure they will be getting my money. I'd suck the £15 return fee and tell them I'll never buy from them again. Have you checked whether this guitar is shown in any of their demo vids on YouTube. Looks like played.
  • ColsCols Frets: 7247
    edited March 2020
    Anderton’s are hardly blame-free here, but I’m surprised ESP aren’t copping more flak for turning it out like that in the first place.

I can’t think of any other industry where the retailer should be expected as standard to take items out of the box to make sure the manufacturer hasn’t made a complete pig’s ear of things.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6886

They did reply today but they're sticking to their guns. 

I'll see what Esp says, but I'm not holding my breath they'll reply to anything. 

It's Serial 465 for any unlucky beggar whos gonna end up with this.. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2047
    Well at least we now know the (low) standards that Andertons have.

Wasn't it Peach that sent back a few of the £2500 R8s because of minor flaws?  Good to know that decent standards still exist somewhere in guitar retail.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    Well at least we now know the (low) standards that Andertons have.

Wasn't it Peach that sent back a few of the £2500 R8s because of minor flaws?  Good to know that decent standards still exist somewhere in guitar retail.

Yep. 

I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed. Lol.
  • CeeJayCeeJay Frets: 455
    I started to type out a sensible reply, but then ran out of patience. Andertons, bunch of wankers.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    Poor, very poor indeed. 

Talking to you like you're an idiot. I'd tell them where to go.
    CeeJay said:
    I started to type out a sensible reply, but then ran out of patience. Andertons, bunch of wankers.  
    Tbh, I may be paranoid, I just have a feeling I'm on their watch list as a serial returner haha.. 

I had to return 2 esp ltd's within the last year, this being the third. 

A snakebyte that had a wonky neck, and an ec-1000 that had a stripped screw and some blemishing on the binding (granted the latter is petty but, hell..).. 
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 413
    I would tell them you intend to post a number of online reviews which cover your experience with them.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    skunkwerx said:
    CeeJay said:
    Tbh, I may be paranoid, I just have a feeling I'm on their watch list as a serial returner haha.. 

I had to return 2 esp ltd's within the last year, this being the third. 

A snakebyte that had a wonky neck, and an ec-1000 that had a stripped screw and some blemishing on the binding (granted the latter is petty but, hell..).. 
    You're not the problem,.... Esp clearly is, that's not what I would expect from them as they're usually brillaint, 
    bazxkr said:
    I would have sent it straight back. Not new quality with those swirls. I got 10 year old guitars that show less swirling. I was contemplating a new £1549 guitar from Andertons and now not sure they will be getting my money. I'd suck the £15 return fee and tell them I'll never buy from them again. Have you checked whether this guitar is shown in any of their demo vids on YouTube. Looks like played.
    What guitar you looking at? 

Yeah tbh, at least they will return if unwanted within 14 days subject to losing £15, but the discovery about what they class as A grade here leaves me wondering if I should find a better retailer! 

Though as someone said, Esp need to answer ideally in this case.. 

They left the factory then went through their Usa distribution centre from what I understand. Either way a number of people signed off on them before reaching me. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4215
    This is bringing back memories of a similarly blingy Schecter that I bought online (new) from SoundControl Bristol back in the early 2000s. When it arrived it was covered in these finish swirls, but also something akin to buckle rash and tarnished hardware as well. My view was that it was clearly ex-demo stock, but they never accepted responsibility/fault and I was too naive to press it any further! I sold the guitar for a loss a few months later. 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4056
    I can’t actually believe they’re saying that is A stock. It is scratched and clear to see.

If it was furniture or a household appliance with marks like that, no shop would possibly argue with it being it returned.

Max is a dick. Who cares what his colleagues think? You have the right to return that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WoodenheadWoodenhead Frets: 129
    If that's what they class as A stock these days then I wont be buying any guitars from them in the near future. I remember a few years back they were selling B-stock Variaxs with minor imperfections, pinhead size blemishes in the finish, hardly noticeable and they were reduced by 100's.

That gouge near the fretboard on the LTD is enough for me to class it as B-stock, nevermind the swirl marks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom