Post-Lockdown pedal building

What's Hot

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12903
    edited August 2022
    After major switch surgery it seems to be working now. Need to calibrate it tomorrow when I can actually make some noise.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • After major switch surgery it seems to be working now. Need to calibrate it tomorrow when I can actually make some noise.

Looks good. I did the EQD version of this.

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• D*A*M Red Rooster. Its a very nice boost pedal but you'd have to be insane to pay the asking price for a D*A*M one. 

Not entirely sure why I built this, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. Sounds really good, I just dont think I have a use for it at the minute.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • After major switch surgery it seems to be working now. Need to calibrate it tomorrow when I can actually make some noise.

Thanks. 

I used to own an EQD one. I think the main difference is the EQD is much more carefully put together so the usable range is a lot wider, and the depth knob is more useful. 

I wouldn't have one as my only tremolo (I own a PRRi which helps) but if you want a super choppy trem its hard to beat this. 

Thanks. 

I used to own an EQD one. I think the main difference is the EQD is much more carefully put together so the usable range is a lot wider, and the depth knob is more useful. 

I wouldn't have one as my only tremolo (I own a PRRi which helps) but if you want a super choppy trem its hard to beat this. 
    I think the in you built needs to be on my list. I always wanted a Spaceman 3 sound. So must be able to build the units from his guitar into one box. That would be amazing 

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• Agreed.

There's a commercially available version of pretty much exactly that but I'd like to build one. Do you know what the fuzz circuit is? 

https://www.reusseffects.com/products/repeaterfuzz
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Looks good @UnclePsychosis, nice work

Went down a mini Fulltone rabbit hole what with the news and ordered this Mas Malo clone kit from Musikding:

https://www.musikding.de/Speedy-Gonzales-kit

I have far more fuzz pedals than I could ever possibly use now, it's bordering on illness. As far as addictions go it's pretty harmless I suppose
  • Agreed.

There's a commercially available version of pretty much exactly that but I'd like to build one. Do you know what the fuzz circuit is? 

https://www.reusseffects.com/products/repeaterfuzz
    I think on Acid Fuzz he has the schematic I was thinking of trying perf and seeing if I could build the fuzz. I believe it's a fuzz face variant 

Yorkie said:
    Hi @roberty do you mind if I ask you a few questions about your recent build?
    Sorry mate I completely missed this. Yes of course. You probably have the answers by now though
  • roberty said:

Went down a mini Fulltone rabbit hole what with the news and ordered this Mas Malo clone kit from Musikding:

I have far more fuzz pedals than I could ever possibly use now, it's bordering on illness. As far as addictions go it's pretty harmless I suppose
    I am thinking of making an OCD

roberty said:

Fuzz Dog published a blog the other day with an up to date list of builds and what they emulate: https://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/blog/what-are-our-kits-inspired-by

Musikding have kits for PedalPCB boards and it's only £5 to ship from Germany. Got some good mileage out of them 
  • roberty said:
    roberty said:

Fuzz Dog published a blog the other day with an up to date list of builds and what they emulate: https://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/blog/what-are-our-kits-inspired-by

Musikding have kits for PedalPCB boards and it's only £5 to ship from Germany. Got some good mileage out of them 
    We should do a bulk order or something. 

I have a lot of moonn electronic boards at the moment but would like some pedal pcb ones..they definitely have some interesting designs. 

@Cookiemonster the Parasit Studios ones at Musikding are really good if you're into glitchy synth noises

I think you pay import fees on anything valued over £135 so it's more economical to place lots of smaller orders, perversely 
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5147
    ^^^ I ordered a kit from Musikding recently. (PedalPCB Pendulum harmonic trem). Delivery took ages.
    Enclosure was a cheapie one, not a real Hammond, and the hole for the footswitch needed to be enlarged but the kit is good.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

I will not let this thread die bwahaha

Been looking back actually and there's some great tips on how to decorate the enclosures. I would like to up my game a little bit there. Gojira FX print designs on enclosures as a service so that could be an option

Poor old @poopot was just getting started wasn't he. Still haven't processed that fully

I did this Fuzz Dog Exploder a while ago and never really used it. I was playing it earlier and was loving it, so I tidied it up a bit. It might end up on my board, it is very very good. It's a characterful modern fuzz face with input buffer and pickup sim based on the EQD Erupter

I kind of screwed up the graphics cos the pre drilled enclosure was drilled for a battery and I didn't check before I made them. Apparently on that day I decided I couldn't be bothered doing them again. They get the job done

Just looked at my invoice and I did drill this enclosure after all. Which proves I'm a fucking idiot :-) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I will take some photos of my recent ones soon. But a farefield Barbershop is one along with a delay, a morning glory bluesbreaker and two Moonn electronics ones which are kind of glitchy and strange 

Wow you've been busy @Cookiemonster ;
  • I’m loving that this thread is still going, though maybe needs a name change! 

I have a bunch of kits that need building but not enough free time. I still have those fancy painted enclosures I bought about 18 months ago as well..!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Yeah I wonder if the title can be changed