This will mean nothing to any of you but I’ve finally come out!

What's Hot

Comments

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited April 2020
    My fundamental belief for healthy psychology: 
    If there's any aspect of your life which is about pretending to be someone else --
    it's a problem.  

All the best!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Be yourself. Be happy. Good on ya.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1174
    Well done you.
  • Good on you fella.   :)

Enjoy being you. 

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    zepp76 said:
    Thank you so much for all your kind words, I know it’s annoying to some this whole pride thing and making a fuss about sexuality so for that I apologise but it really is a weight off of my mind and being someone that has mental health issues that is a big thing so please allow me this one time to shout it out, thank you.
    Seems to me that you're not "making a fuss about sexuality" at all (although you're right in that I know a few gay folk who can't stand the whole pride thing).

The headline, and all the justification you need for talking about it, is that is a huge life event for you, and this isn't just a guitar forum. It's a support group as much as anything else, and for that reason...you don't need to make excuses or ask for allowances when talking about it.

EDIT: And, might I add, I feel kind of honoured that you'd feel comfortable talking about it on here.
    I’ve been a member of this forum for a few years now, I know I haven’t made lots of posts but I love this place. It has made me laugh, it has made me cry, it has helped me, it has infuriated me, if that isn’t a friend I don’t know what is, of course I’d feel comfortable talking about it here. All the best to you all and thank you once again.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76 said:
    zepp76 said:
    Thank you so much for all your kind words, I know it’s annoying to some this whole pride thing and making a fuss about sexuality so for that I apologise but it really is a weight off of my mind and being someone that has mental health issues that is a big thing so please allow me this one time to shout it out, thank you.
    Seems to me that you're not "making a fuss about sexuality" at all (although you're right in that I know a few gay folk who can't stand the whole pride thing).

The headline, and all the justification you need for talking about it, is that is a huge life event for you, and this isn't just a guitar forum. It's a support group as much as anything else, and for that reason...you don't need to make excuses or ask for allowances when talking about it.

EDIT: And, might I add, I feel kind of honoured that you'd feel comfortable talking about it on here.
    I’ve been a member of this forum for a few years now, I know I haven’t made lots of posts but I love this place. It has made me laugh, it has made me cry, it has helped me, it has infuriated me, if that isn’t a friend I don’t know what is, of course I’d feel comfortable talking about it here. All the best to you all and thank you once again.
    All my friends are twats too! ;)

Bye!

• BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 247
    Congratulations @zepp76
    Really proud of you for being you and speaking out.  It can’t be an easy thing to do but you did it! 
    I have always found this a really friendly place to be too, and like you I dont post much.
    well done mate! 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    edited April 2020
    read the title and thought someone had deemed to leave the house
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    zepp76 said:
    zepp76 said:

All my friends are twats too! ;)
    Do you know what my best friend said to me when I told him? He said, I’m not going to stop calling you a fudge packer just because you are one now! First class twat, but I love him.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I told my gay friend off a few weeks back for being homophobic.

Only for a laugh like. But the irony was amazing.

Bye!

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31589
    Good on you, it'll be a whole new chapter.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    “To thine own self be true...”

Congrats mate !

You can feel the joy and relief in your post. =)

Thanks for sharing it with us all, and for feeling safe and free in this place... and now in the wider world.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9715
    Good on you mate.

It wasn't for the same reason, but a few years ago I had cause, reason and need to unburden myself by admitting something I'd hidden for years and, like how it's apparent in your post, after the initial fear of doing it the relief was palpable and it felt so good to now be living the truth.

You are still you, but perhaps even more you now. Enjoy the freedom, enjoy being yourself
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72322
    Good on you. Be true to yourself and you will always know you’ve made the right choice.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• King85King85 Frets: 631
    Well done bud! 
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I am happy for you. Everybody should feel free to be with whoever they want to be.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Be you !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14229
    tFB Trader
    I endorse other comments - Be true to yourself - Best wishes
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    zepp76 said:

One one of the best things about this forum (it has lots of best things by the way) is how friendly, accepting, encouraging, supportive, etc it is. I’ve seen other (usually American) fora where the slightest mention of politics, sexuality, or religion will get you flamed, warned, or possibly banned. 

The number of forumites I’ve actually met could be counted on Dave Allen’s left hand, but without exception they’ve been great people and I’m pleased our paths have crossed.

Good on you Zepp.

I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Good on you and congrats. And why not shout about it? It's a new start and you can be yourself now  =)