THE FRETBOARD LOCKDOWN COVER CHALLENGE

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197

...Unfortunately I won't be able to play guitar for a while as I'm in hospital with a thing called Miller Fisher variant of Guillain-Barre syndrome. I've lost coordination in my hands and legs but hopefully it should recover okay although it takes weeks to months. Can still do vocals though 
    I'm really sorry to hear that and hope you're OK and have a full recovery as soon as possible.
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816

...Unfortunately I won't be able to play guitar for a while as I'm in hospital with a thing called Miller Fisher variant of Guillain-Barre syndrome. I've lost coordination in my hands and legs but hopefully it should recover okay although it takes weeks to months. Can still do vocals though 
    I'm really sorry to hear that and hope you're OK and have a full recovery as soon as possible.

Thanks Pete. On the bright side this means I'll have a spell off work with physio orders to practice guitar as part of the recovery. I might actually end up a better player and even properly learning a scale
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    @flying_pie so sorry to hear that!  I'm very glad to hear it's treatable and also that you're staying positive.  Take care, hope the recovery is swift and full!
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5380
    I'm blaming @poopot for tagging me.

Had been thinking about something funky/poppy/daft, then realised I didn't have remotely enough time to sort all that out. Plus quite a few of the others far outstrip my technical chops.

So I've played to my strengths - a stripped-back misery-mix :)

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Snags said:
    I'm blaming @poopot for tagging me.

Had been thinking about something funky/poppy/daft, then realised I didn't have remotely enough time to sort all that out. Plus quite a few of the others far outstrip my technical chops.

So I've played to my strengths - a stripped-back misery-mix :)

Got it. Will upload in the morning!...
  • StephenBStephenB Frets: 75
    Just submitted my entry there after weeks of hassling my flatmates and writing the cheesiest tom fill lines I could think of.

My creative process was fairly simple, I asked my musician friends to give me a list of the most cheesy tropes in 80s music and then ham handedly squeezed them into this 4 minute cover.

I ran it by some friends yesterday who suggested it also needed a guitar solo... So I spent some time tonight crafting a monstrosity that sounds like it's going through your most plastic 1980s multiFX pedal.

Then after spending all that time on the music I put some art work together in about 30 seconds using my most wobbly photoshop hands.

Ladies and Gentlemen, don your red leather jacket and most offensive shades and jump into your lamborghini testarossa because we are taking Christina back to the 1980s.

Hope you all enjoy it :)

Now i'm going to grab a beer.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    StephenB said:
    Just submitted my entry there after weeks of hassling my flatmates and writing the cheesiest tom fill lines I could think of.

My creative process was fairly simple, I asked my musician friends to give me a list of the most cheesy tropes in 80s music and then ham handedly squeezed them into this 4 minute cover.

I ran it by some friends yesterday who suggested it also needed a guitar solo... So I spent some time tonight crafting a monstrosity that sounds like it's going through your most plastic 1980s multiFX pedal.

Then after spending all that time on the music I put some art work together in about 30 seconds using my most wobbly photoshop hands.

Ladies and Gentlemen, don your red leather jacket and most offensive shades and jump into your lamborghini testarossa because we are taking Christina back to the 1980s.

Hope you all enjoy it :)

Now i'm going to grab a beer.
    Got it... will fire up the zx81 in the morning and upload it then!...

good work btw!!!!
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585
    @StephenB that is splendid!  Absolutely splendid!
  • StephenBStephenB Frets: 75
    Bezzer said:
    @StephenB that is splendid!  Absolutely splendid!

Thanks so much! I wish I had your guitar chops for the solos ;)
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    Sent mine in.
    Reminder that entries close tomorrow night
    Entries closed