Any NSG owners out there?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• UncleBiffUncleBiff Frets: 52
    TTony said:
    These ones have been in my hands at one time or another ...

From l to r;
    1.   Last known owner:  Sporky
    2. You've got it already.
    3. I passed this one on to @strumjoughlamps ; - can't remember who he sold it to, but he probably does (there's a story to that one too).
    4. That stunner is still mine

Plus I had this one for a few years, but you already know where this one is!

I was sorting through my old storage boxes, deciding what to keep and store neatly or throw away, today and I came across the off cut of your guitar top. I have so many cool off cuts, I never throw anything away, each piece has a story.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tggfp1q48y0sssg/IMG_5564.jpeg?dl=0

I need to come up with something cool to make of the offcuts to use it all up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27611
    ^^^

I can’t see that pic.  I think it’s probably worth seeing!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    I own the elusive '#3' guitar that @TTony salvaged! Its a beauty - shame I can't call it an NSG! Still, I'm only up the road in Bristol so perhaps I'll be ordering a real one? If you want to have a look at it, I'll pop it round some time!

I bought it from @merlin but never met him as a very kind member offered to drive it from Brighton to Bristol as he was visiting friends!

robwright said:
    I own the elusive '#3' guitar that @TTony salvaged! Its a beauty - shame I can't call it an NSG! Still, I'm only up the road in Bristol so perhaps I'll be ordering a real one? If you want to have a look at it, I'll pop it round some time!

I bought it from @merlin but never met him as a very kind member offered to drive it from Brighton to Bristol as he was visiting friends!

This guitar seems to be a bit famous, and I didn't even build it. Once this lock down is over and things are back to normal you're welcome to visit the workshop and bring her over.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    @TTony did a great job of the restoration/rebuild! I certainly wouldn't part with it (sorry @merlin). Would love to bring it over and check out the workshop! Perhaps you might have a more 'fitting' piece of wood for the rear cavity cover?

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6692
    robwright said:
    @TTony did a great job of the restoration/rebuild! I certainly wouldn't part with it (sorry @merlin). Would love to bring it over and check out the workshop! Perhaps you might have a more 'fitting' piece of wood for the rear cavity cover?
    Dibs though?  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    robwright said:
    Whats on there now? I have boxes of every off cut I ever cut off, so I'm sure I'll have something in there somewhere.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27611
    I put on a naff  piece of quilted maple - all I had that wasn’t cheap black plastic at the time!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.