PSA: Yamaha L-series MIJ model blowout at Yamaha Music London

What's Hot

Comments

• The cases are wonderful. Easily the best guitar purchase I have made. I did originally look at this thread at the same time I bought my martin and though that people were nuts spending so much money on a yamaha. After having the martin and reading some forums and realising how hand made these guitars are it's a no brainer at the price they are being sold at 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Do all the L series come with the ARE treatment as one of the photos shown above in the shop does not show the ARE label 
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    Do all the L series come with the ARE treatment as one of the photos shown above in the shop does not show the ARE label 
    Well spotted, the black jumbo doesn’t say ARE. Details of the ARE treatment are all
    over the Yamaha page so I think that’s just an oversight. 
  • chor808 said:
    I'm soooo tempted by one of these, but everything I already have is made of rosewood - I have two Avalons in rosewood (a jumbo and auditorium size cutaway) and two kits that I made myself in rosewood (a dreadnought and a jumbo). It'd just be sat there.
    It would look great just sat there
    Having seen that pic of the showroom, you're not wrong.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5422
    Wow, none left at Peach at all...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Whitecat said:
    no wonder at the price they were being sold at
  • MolemanMoleman Frets: 133
    Whitecat said:
    Guess who’s been following this thread and is now really regretting becoming mired in procrastination over buying one of these? I was eyeing up the LLX26C in sunburst at Peach but fatally hesitated. I honestly didn’t think that they would shift that fast, even at those massive price reductions given the current economic climate. Thing is, I have to tell myself that I already own an LL400 (from the previous L series) plus an old Taiwan built FG-180. The 44mm nut width is a worry also as in my mind it might make my other guitars the ‘wrong’ nut width (they are 42mm). Also I’ve just bought a replacement MacBook Pro for my wife which has wiped out any lockdown savings. The thing is, it’s just so tempting to scrounge a deposit together on one of the electros at the London Yamaha Centre - assuming that they have any left by now? 
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    Moleman said:
    Whitecat said:
    Guess who’s been following this thread and is now really regretting becoming mired in procrastination over buying one of these? I was eyeing up the LLX26C in sunburst at Peach but fatally hesitated. I honestly didn’t think that they would shift that fast, even at those massive price reductions given the current economic climate. Thing is, I have to tell myself that I already own an LL400 (from the previous L series) plus an old Taiwan built FG-180. The 44mm nut width is a worry also as in my mind it might make my other guitars the ‘wrong’ nut width (they are 42mm). Also I’ve just bought a replacement MacBook Pro for my wife which has wiped out any lockdown savings. The thing is, it’s just so tempting to scrounge a deposit together on one of the electros at the London Yamaha Centre - assuming that they have any left by now? 
    The combination of nut width and neck shape makes these a really comfortable, friendly, playing experience. The nut width is a perfect compromise as far as I'm concerned, though I usually forget about nut width after a few minutes playing on any guitar.
  • the nut width is identical to my martin so feels right at home in my hands
    edited July 2020
    Moleman said:
    Whitecat said:
    They may still have the one in Yamaha London. - EDIT I didn't read to the end of your post.  Maybe give them a ring and ask to speak to Steve, he was very helpful with me and he will know exactly what you're on about. The rest of the staff probably know more about trumpets and such.
  • danny_777danny_777 Frets: 660
    Just went to the Yamaha store To try the LL26 and LS26, and bagged the very last LS26, brand new from their store room!

I actually went with the intention of buying the LL26, as I wanted a slightly larger body. However the LS is unbelievably good, I was blown away.

Will likely be selling my Bourgeois OMC to make room for this!
  • artiebearartiebear Frets: 810
    danny_777 said:
    Just went to the Yamaha store To try the LL26 and LS26, and bagged the very last LS26, brand new from their store room!

I actually went with the intention of buying the LL26, as I wanted a slightly larger body. However the LS is unbelievably good, I was blown away.

Very nice, they LS models look really good. While I was restringing my LJ at the weekend I also gave my Bourgeois Soloist a little TLC. It's very different to the Yamaha but I couldn't part with it, it's a lovely guitar.
  • danny_777 said:

Did you see any LS36 whilst you were there?
    Asking for a friend ;-)
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • Universal8Universal8 Frets: 134
    danny_777 said:

I managed to get the last LJ26. Should be coming tomorrow ( Thursday). 
    danny_777 said:

Did you compare the two? The LL that’s left wasn’t quite as on point as the one that I bought but it was straight out the box with possibly questionable strings. It seems like everyone has their favourite body size and they’re all awesome!

Gonna need some good pics when these arrive!
    danny_777 said:

Did you compare the two? The LL that’s left wasn’t quite as on point as the one that I bought but it was straight out the box with possibly questionable strings. It seems like everyone has their favourite body size and they’re all awesome!

Gonna need some good pics when these arrive!
    No, bought it online. I’ve had a LL16 before and I knew I wanted something just a little smaller.
  • AlexHunterAlexHunter Frets: 422
    My LJX26C arrived this week. Hoping for a weekend break to audition it properly against my Eggle.
  • Enjoy 
    My LJ26 is going back. All along the edge of the fretboard the finish (lacquer ?) has lifted , looks like its dried out . Flaking in places and it feels roughy by the 3-4th fret. Not the quality I was expecting. No more Yamaha’s for me, that’s 2 in a row that were poorly finished.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2020
    My LJ26 is going back. All along the edge of the fretboard the finish (lacquer ?) has lifted , looks like its dried out . Flaking in places and it feels roughy by the 3-4th fret. Not the quality I was expecting. No more Yamaha’s for me, that’s 2 in a row that were poorly finished.
    Ouch.  Disappointing.  Looking at mine I can't even imagine what's going on, the finish is such a thin matte that it looks like there's nothing to lift.  Something's obviously gone astray with yours.  Having tried a fair few in the flesh they were all essentially perfect cosmetically (apart from the LL36 in the showroom which had picked up a few unfortunate dings).