Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Go out and eat! (Safely of course)

What's Hot

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3468
    robgilmo said:
    lol 

Getting on his high horse about the quality of a burger....

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol
    Nope, just stating the facts, the thing is I see eating out as a treat, so when I do I like to eat nice food, when I walk into a restaurant and the menu is full of over priced junk food I tend to feel slightly let down by the whole experience. 

Anyhow, Im on the case to try and lose a bit of gut so maybe high prices for junk food isnt such a bad thing.
    You keep saying 'junk food', but its not mcdonalds, or a road side café.

I don't eat meat, but even I know a 15 quid burger is going to be great quality beef, Brioche, sides and twice cooked quality chips. 
    No, its not Mc D's or a road side cafe, although if its on a road side it probably is. And you have no idea if its going to be great quality beef, because its expensive does not automatically mean its of better quality than something a lot cheaper, and fried beef is actually a junk food, as is chips, no matter how many times you cook them.

Basically, you dress it up with a few leaves and a tomato , bang a high price tag on it and hey presto, it must be good.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11305
    The best burger I've ever had was at a gastro pub in Knightsbridge. It was priced as you would expect but it was excellent.

That said, the second best burger came from a converted ambulance on the forecourt of London Bridge station. 

• Gordon Ramsey breaks down how you can make a £100 burger quite easily. You don't need gold leaf or any of that shit - just quality steaks, ground freshly to the right consistency, blended and cooked properly and served in a brioche bun made the same day by the restaurant baker, and fresh leaves picked the same morning. Add overheads, business rent, proper staff salaries and it's not that difficult.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24308
    Gordon Ramsey breaks down how you can make a £100 burger quite easily. You don't need gold leaf or any of that shit - just quality steaks, ground freshly to the right consistency, blended and cooked properly and served in a brioche bun made the same day by the restaurant baker, and fresh leaves picked the same morning. Add overheads, business rent, proper staff salaries and it's not that difficult.
    Then add plastic cheese and an over strength sauce and not tell the difference.
  • Gordon Ramsey breaks down how you can make a £100 burger quite easily. You don't need gold leaf or any of that shit - just quality steaks, ground freshly to the right consistency, blended and cooked properly and served in a brioche bun made the same day by the restaurant baker, and fresh leaves picked the same morning. Add overheads, business rent, proper staff salaries and it's not that difficult.
    Alternatively, you could just not grind it or process it and just enjoy it as a nice steak
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7329
    With this eat out to help out thing, do they at least let you play with their nipples at the same time?
  • Food is one of the things that keeps me in London actually. Can't wait to go and hit up Flatiron again. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bye!

• westfordwestford Frets: 581
    DefaultM said:
    With this eat out to help out thing, do they at least let you play with their nipples at the same time?
    I wouldn’t want to play with Jeremy Hunt’s nipples.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited August 2020
    I was a bit bemused by the ‘You lot are a load of fat bastards and need to lose weight’, and then in the same breath we get this new scheme.

Still, I figure as I’m already a fat bastard, another month isn’t going to make much difference. I’m a member of a local foodie group on Facebook called ‘Thanet Gannet’, and the vast majority are keen on supporting the local independent ressies, which I think is a good thing if it keeps them ticking over. A couple of days ago I had fish and chips at a pub which is my favourite for them. They cost £12.95 or £14.95 for a large cod, so not a million miles away from what the White Horse charges.

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Sales through our order and pay app, across all of our clients, were up 400+% Mon-Wed this week vs last week. So people are clearly taking advantage.....and then not going out because today’s sales so far are absolutely shite. 
  • Food is one of the things that keeps me in London actually. Can't wait to go and hit up Flatiron again. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    We’re going back in a couple of weeks, missed out on one of the Mon-Wed slots but thought f*ck it, that place is well priced anyway! I’ll definitely miss it once we move out of London next year
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    robgilmo said:
    RobDavies said:
    Boris: “We’ll tackle the obesity crisis head on, and save the NHS from fatties”.

Ronald McDonald: “Hold my fucking beer...”.

Ronald should raise his prices to 15 quid a head and put a fucking fountain in the middle of every outlet, perhaps some soft Jazz in the background and a shabby chic dresser here and there, thats what people want, apparently.   =)
    Mcdonald’s in my local shopping centre years ago did have a piano. On Saturdays there was a guy in there playing. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12349
    edited August 2020
    I took the mother in law to look at some furniture the other day and she took us to maccys across the road for a coffee. There were a few fatties doubling up on their orders I can tell yer. You'd think they were givin the shit away!  More neck tattoos on display than fucking Strangeways. I doubled up on the hand sanitiser, the fucking dirty lot. Oh yeah the Coffee was a pile of wank n all.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11305
    Macdonalds provides a useful service by keeping proper restaurants free of certain types. 
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Alternatively, you could just not grind it or process it and just enjoy it as a nice steak

Chuck doesn't make a great steak. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Gordon Ramsey breaks down how you can make a £100 burger quite easily. You don't need gold leaf or any of that shit - just quality steaks, ground freshly to the right consistency, blended and cooked properly and served in a brioche bun made the same day by the restaurant baker, and fresh leaves picked the same morning. Add overheads, business rent, proper staff salaries and it's not that difficult.
    Is he using beef or pure bullshit?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • MolemanMoleman Frets: 133
    edited August 2020
    LFFAO to think that some folk can’t tell the difference between an uber thick, pure ground beef burger from Lomito (superb independent Argentine steak restaurant with branches in Gerrards Cross, Bucks and Northwood, Middx) and a reconstituted ‘burger patty’ as thin as a 1970’s school plimsole from MacDonalds... 
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2596
    Can't help but think the eat out to help out scheme is one of those things that didn't come into effect until practically nobody (apart from restaurateurs directly benefiting) would still have thought it was a good idea.  When the worry was that the economy would open up too slowly it no doubt seemed a good idea to prime the pump.  Once we realised we'd gone too far too fast and the biggest threat was from busy, poorly ventilated indoor rooms in the hospitality sector using taxpayers' money to bribe people to go and eat in them just looks crazy.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3468
    Moleman said:
    LFFAO to think that some folk can’t tell the difference between an uber thick, pure ground beef burger from Lomito (superb independent Argentine steak restaurant with branches in Gerrards Cross, Bucks and Northwood, Middx) and a reconstituted ‘burger patty’ as thin as a 1970’s school plimsole from MacDonalds... 
    Indeed, just as some people cant tell the difference between a burger and a proper meal.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited August 2020
    I don't know what things are coming to. Only the other day I heard someone referring to McDonald's as a 'restaurant'.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom