Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Second Hand Bargain Amps?

What's Hot

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    Yep, it has been there a few times, although I can't really work out why? apart from the lack of shipping possibilities.
    Seems to be missing the FS6 MIDI foot controller though, which is about £150-£200 to replace, if you get really lucky.
    This guy can’t give his FS6 away, been listed a few times at the same price - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274548473463

@Kittyfrisk I’ll PM you Wednesday about the amp. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've seen the Laney AOR combos selling ridiculously cheap for a valve amp. They can't be that bad surely?
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Any of the Randall Modular amps are great value
  • Genz-Benz.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Old Peavey tube amps like the deuce and the original classic always seem like a good buy of you need to be loud and evil.
    The 50w Blues Classic or Classic 50 are superb for the money. With the Bluesmods they crazy good..
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 682
    Old Peavey tube amps like the deuce and the original classic always seem like a good buy of you need to be loud and evil.
    The 50w Blues Classic or Classic 50 are superb for the money. With the Bluesmods they crazy good..
    Pretty sure I saw somewhere that Mike Mcready recorded most of 'Ten' with one of the Classics.
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    I know it’s not technically bargain money as they are still a large chunk of change but Matchless and particularly Bad Cat can be found at almost half price (in relation to new RRP) in many cases.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18778
    StefB said:
    Yep, it has been there a few times, although I can't really work out why? apart from the lack of shipping possibilities.
    Seems to be missing the FS6 MIDI foot controller though, which is about £150-£200 to replace, if you get really lucky.
    This guy can’t give his FS6 away, been listed a few times at the same price - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274548473463

@Kittyfrisk I’ll PM you Wednesday about the amp. 
    No rush, it'll not be going anywhere in a hurry.
    I'll be watching the eBay FS-6 with interest, as for many years they were made of unobtanium.
    Fickle things markets  ;)
  • Demo of a peavey classic 410. If gigging ever comes back on the cards this looks like a solid budget workhorse.
  • darrenpdarrenp Frets: 116
    The Carvin V3M is a great sounding, versatile amp that I've seen sell for peanuts on occasion.
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    Completely forgot Peavey JSXs or Peavey XXX
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    Carvin anything. Guitar amps like the old X100 series, Bel Air and Nomads go for nothing, same with the bass amps. Great value for a USA built amp.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Bidley said:
    Carvin anything. Guitar amps like the old X100 series, Bel Air and Nomads go for nothing, same with the bass amps. Great value for a USA built amp.
    Assuming you think being built in the USA guarantees quality. Unfortunately it doesn't, and these are a prime example.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    ICBM said:
    Bidley said:
    Assuming you think being built in the USA guarantees quality. Unfortunately it doesn't, and these are a prime example.
    It doesn't guarantee build quality but it does guarantee a premium.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Budda !
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    edited October 2020
    I reckon the Mesa Transatlantic I just snaffled for £299 qualifies as a bargain..

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1134
    Beexter said:
    I reckon the Mesa Transatlantic I just snaffled for £299 qualifies as a bargain..

Biting my fist in envy
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18778
    Beexter said:

So long as it wasn't just the 1x10" cab  ;)
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    ICBM said:
    Bidley said:
    As you know I bought a dead Carvin Vintage 33 and can only agree. Don't let the tweed fool you folks!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    Keefy said:

As you know I bought a dead Carvin Vintage 33 and can only agree. Don't let the tweed fool you folks!
    I worked on a X100 recently and I would describe it as a poorly-made flimsy piece of junk. I didn’t think it sounded very good either.

The Steve Vai Legacy range seems to be much better, but they’re rare second hand and appear to hold their value well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein