Have I been ripped off?

What's Hot

Comments

• flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    Needs a good hiding! :angry: 

TAKE THAT tribute band :angry: 

Seriously though  —————— needs a good hiding.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 1051
    prowla said:
    Switch625 said:
    @prowla please log a case with Action Fraud as soon as possible. He’s clearly messing you about and stalling. Perhaps a knock on the door by the local coppers will encourage him to return your money. 
    Rob1742 said:
    To me it looks like the usual situation with these people. They shout loud and you start worrying or doubting yourself and worry about their comments.

They are full of it, it’s how they get people off their back, their balls are bigger than yours.

You must report this, you must. If it isn’t for your own sake do it for others because the more they get away with it, the more they do it and the more they get away with it. 

I wish he’d taken me for a pedal, I would thrive on sorting this out. I wouldn’t go away and you need to challenge and win. 
    Bod said:
    It always amazes me the amount of bluster that bully’s have when on the offensive.

It usually diminishes when legal reality dawns.
    I think he cares little for legality or reality.

I totally agree with what others have said - get it reported.
    merlin said:
    Coppers now. Report seven shades of shit out of him. 

He's a miserable piece of shit and needs his ass kicked. ASAP. 

Thanks - I have logged a case with Action Fraud and also with my bank’s Fraud Department. 

I gave him a last chance to refund me, but he didn’t, so now it’s in the hands of the authorities. 

I’ve got a few other avenues to proceed with too. 
    I’d see what the police say too. Some say they wouldn’t do anything, but if they have evidence like this and he has previous, they love this sort of stuff as they can win the battle they started with the guy. They would be really pleased to get some info that would see him banged up. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bod said:
    I live in Leicester and wish I could help but I'm not built for conflict.  Also, my pitchfork is in the workshop for a refret.
    And you're in Tier 3 territory too, so no unnecessary mass pitchfork hootenannys for you! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1938
    prowla said:
    scrumhalf said:
    Whilst he undoubtedly seems like one of life's less likeable creatures I wouldbe very careful about suggesting any course of action that he might deem to be blackmail. I'm not saying that's happened, but in these instances do not take any course of action that you would not be able to comfortably defend, within the law, in court.

Actually, he said he's not going to return my money unless I take down the "slanderous" thread, so he's tried it on me.
    Didn't he tell you he'd returned your money already???. Like somebody else said, stop being Mavis Riley. Report him to the police. I asked you if you'd done so and you didn't reply. He on a suspended sentence ffs. Let him do the time. You can't libel him because he's a fraudulent crook. People like him need a hard lesson. He obviously takes the piss out of the law as well as you. He thinks he's Teflon. Test the system and see if it works. Most people work to earn to pay for the things they have. This twat doesn't. Take him down. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1938
    It seems to me that I'm more pissed off about you being ripped off than you are. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4927
    edited December 2020
    Devil#20 said:
    It seems to me that I'm more pissed off about you being ripped off than you are. 

Hi!  
    Thanks for responding; I gave him a chance to refund this morning, but he didn’t. 
    I raised a case with Action Fraud today and I have the crime reference number. 
    I’ve spoken with my bank and they are able to talk with the receiving bank. 
    I didn’t want to broadcast that until later in the day, so apologies for seeming reticent. 
    I have some next steps to follow on with.
    I am in contact with someone else who is going through the same steps as me and we may coordinate. 
    I’m not going to let it be all-consuming, but I’m not going to step away. 
    Thanks again!
    UPDATE 22/12: I HAVE NOW RECEIVED MY REFUND.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Go up there and punch him in his prick head three times and as you do so say, Take THAT, and THAT, and THAT!
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76 said:
    Go up there and punch him in his prick head three times and as you do so say, Take THAT, and PARTY!
    FTFY
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11304
    I'd have thought he's a bit more Fake That than Take That.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    Post on the cover band's social media asking when they are auditioning for a new bassist?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The only thing more facepalmingly stupid than pulling a scam like this, is pulling a scam like this when you've got a rap sheet like Dick Turpin and the police know exactly who you are.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prowla said:

I am in contact with someone else who is going through the same steps as me and we may coordinate. 
    DEFINITELY get this other person to report it to Action Fraud too. I’ve seen people on other forums that have been scammed get good results when there’s been several people reporting the same guy. Seems to help move things quicker. 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    What a tool this bloke must be.    Looking through his Facebook account, he looks to be doing quite well for himself.... wife, kids, possibly grandkids and he also seems to be performing at quite a high level and getting paid for it. 

Why risk all of that for a hundred quid?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDavies said: 

Why risk all of that for a hundred quid?
    Because people like him are the dregs of the earth and totally devoid of morals, empathy and a conscience. Simply scum.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24324
    I'm not defending this prick at all, but...  it looks like he has a gambling addiction and, like many addicts, will steal to fund his habit.  
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • He’s advertising some bass gear on one of the Facebook groups at the moment...
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Any pedals in the ad?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • badlydrawnbanjobadlydrawnbanjo Frets: 855
    edited December 2020
    Any pedals in the ad?
     Various bass gear for sale 

Bugera bass combo amp 1000w £130
    Orange The Bass Butler pre amp pedal £190
    Bass guitar hard case 49.5 inches long £35
    Sansamp V2 Tech 21 Bass D/I pedal £110
    Line 6 G30 wireless guitar system £80
    Line 6 G50 Wireless guitar system £100

All great condition and ready to go.
    edited December 2020
    I've posted this to several Facebook groups:

WARNING

Watch out, watch out, there's a scammer about!

I've been scammed and I'm not the only one.

Whilst I'm not going to give details, as it is now a legal matter, I can give some simple advice on how to spot a potential scammer.

When considering buying an item, first do a google search for the seller's name along with the word fraud; if you see the same person, then step away.

I didn't do that and only found out after, when I'd paid my money but goods didn't arrive.

As I say, I can't name & shame because it is now a legal matter, but the above advice is simple and non-specific.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Any pedals in the ad?
     Various bass gear for sale 

Bugera bass combo amp 1000w £130
    Orange The Bass Butler pre amp pedal £190
    Bass guitar hard case 49.5 inches long £35
    Sansamp V2 Tech 21 Bass D/I pedal £110
    Line 6 G30 wireless guitar system £80
    Line 6 G50 Wireless guitar system £100

All great condition and ready to go.

Yep - a couple of other sansamp items too.