Have I been ripped off?

What's Hot

Comments

• horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Rob1742 said:
    mixolyd said:
    It sounds like Prowla is already doing the right thing here by relying on the authorities and refusing to get drawn in to further interaction.

There’s a little check I’ve noticed can be useful when dealing with potentially troublesome types - whether they are possible fraudsters, solar panel salesmen, financial advisors or whatever - and that is to feel whether they are controlling the interaction.  Someone who is above board will not need to be in control of the interaction.  If you resist and they try to reassert control then you are probably being manipulated and would do well to either call them out or permanently end the interaction.  You don’t need to know if they are being deceptive, if what they are saying is true or work your way through their logic etc - any need to assert control on their part is a giant red flag in itself.
    This is a very valid point. They do try and take control, I totally agree.

I had a tenant in a house, big rent and suddenly letters were sent to my home ( he must have done some serious digging to find that out ) then blaming his non payments on everyone but himself. He was threatening to sue the renting company for one thing and another, and basically in the letter and on the phone he was trying to take control of the situation and decide what was going to happen.

A bit of a shock initially as they have it all planned in their mind how to manipulate and you are basically playing catch up. 

I’m about £12,000 down on this one, he left 15 minutes before the bailiff turfed him out, but again he tried to control the situation in the courtroom.

So it’s a very valid point you make there, I didn’t see it like the red flag you mention, but it’s worth caring in mind in the future. They very much try and manipulate and see doubt in your minds and as you are a normal sort with compassion, you tend to always be behind the game until you work out what to do.

Its something they do all the time, and it’s something we do t do so they have the edge in the beginning until you work it all out.

They also have small cocks
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    horse said:
    Rob1742 said:
    mixolyd said:
    It sounds like Prowla is already doing the right thing here by relying on the authorities and refusing to get drawn in to further interaction.

There’s a little check I’ve noticed can be useful when dealing with potentially troublesome types - whether they are possible fraudsters, solar panel salesmen, financial advisors or whatever - and that is to feel whether they are controlling the interaction.  Someone who is above board will not need to be in control of the interaction.  If you resist and they try to reassert control then you are probably being manipulated and would do well to either call them out or permanently end the interaction.  You don’t need to know if they are being deceptive, if what they are saying is true or work your way through their logic etc - any need to assert control on their part is a giant red flag in itself.

I had a tenant in a house, big rent and suddenly letters were sent to my home ( he must have done some serious digging to find that out ) then blaming his non payments on everyone but himself. He was threatening to sue the renting company for one thing and another, and basically in the letter and on the phone he was trying to take control of the situation and decide what was going to happen.

A bit of a shock initially as they have it all planned in their mind how to manipulate and you are basically playing catch up. 

I’m about £12,000 down on this one, he left 15 minutes before the bailiff turfed him out, but again he tried to control the situation in the courtroom.

So it’s a very valid point you make there, I didn’t see it like the red flag you mention, but it’s worth caring in mind in the future. They very much try and manipulate and see doubt in your minds and as you are a normal sort with compassion, you tend to always be behind the game until you work out what to do.

Its something they do all the time, and it’s something we do t do so they have the edge in the beginning until you work it all out.

They also have small cocks
    The irony of your user name isn’t lost on that comment. Bravo!  :)
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4924
    edited December 2020
    Rob1742 said:
    mixolyd said:

Yes - I've spotted that he is trying to control the situation and dictate to me what I have to do; however, I'm not accepting it.

He's also now started a smear campaign, claiming that I am a convicted sex offender living in Wales. (I'm not, for the record, having never even been arrested in my entire life, and I've lived at the same address in Berkshire since 1990.)

UPDATE 22/12: I HAVE NOW RECEIVED MY REFUND.

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowla said:
    Rob1742 said:
    mixolyd said:

Yes - I've spotted that he is trying to control the situation and dictate to me what I have to do; however, I'm not accepting it.

He's also now started a smear campaign, claiming that I am a convicted sex offender living in Wales. (I'm not, for the record, having never even been arrested in my entire life, and I've lived at the same address in Berkshire since 1990.)

Separate report to the police for harassment, then. Probably worth also speaking with a legal representative. Last thing you want is for a prospective future employer etc to google your name and find that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • He’s digging himself a hole isnt he.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    prowla said:

If that’s true he’s just fallen foul of the Malicious communications act... 

so , fraud, common assault and now this?

you need to contact the police immediately and get this arsehat arrested...

if you don’t, I’m guessing there’s a few here, myself included, that will be happy to report it on your behalf...

Call the police now... let them deal with the scumbag...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    Wow, what a scumbag. I can't believe, having already been convicted of fraud and having a suspended sentence, that he's willing to risk arrest and prison for the sake of a relatively small amount of cash. Has he been reported to the Facebook admins for being a scammer?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Budgie said:
    Wow, what a scumbag. I can't believe, having already been convicted of fraud and having a suspended sentence, that he's willing to risk arrest and prison for the sake of a relatively small amount of cash. Has he been reported to the Facebook admins for being a scammer?

Well, I Mean its classic compulsive behaviour isnt it? He's all in and doubling down.

He probably can't help himself, even though he knows it's going to cause more trouble.
  • @prowla I feel for you mate , I really do and this has landed on you out of nowhere - you’ve done nothing wrong. This will sound harsh and it’s not meant to but if you don’t report him to the police immediately though then you are giving him free reign to carry on with his sh1t.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6684
    Poor guy is mentally very unstable. We don't know what kind of torment he's in but that doesn't mean he's allowed to take his trauma out on innocent people. 

I do genuinely feel sorry for him, but he needs to be helped and taken out of the way of causing harm to others. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24312
    edited December 2020
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    edited December 2020
    @prowla I feel for you mate , I really do and this has landed on you out of nowhere - you’ve done nothing wrong. This will sound harsh and it’s not meant to but if you don’t report him to the police immediately though then you are giving him free reign to carry on with his sh1t.

Thanks!

Two Police forces are involved...

UPDATE 22/12: I HAVE NOW RECEIVED MY REFUND.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prowla said:
    @prowla I feel for you mate , I really do and this has landed on you out of nowhere - you’ve done nothing wrong. This will sound harsh and it’s not meant to but if you don’t report him to the police immediately though then you are giving him free reign to carry on with his sh1t.

Two Police forces are involved...
    Great stuff, sorry if I misunderstood but the latest twist where he started to libel you online needs to be addressed especially.  What an absolute C unit this bloke is
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    prowla said:
    Rob1742 said:
    mixolyd said:

Blimey....and there I was, attempting to appeal to his better nature in an earlier post.  

Mick Mason is clearly round the fucking bend. 
    edited December 2020
    I've just realised something...

He is claiming that he took the fraud conviction rap for a friend with cancer (who has now, sadly, passed away), so he didn't really commit the fraud itself.

(Very noble, if that is true!)

However, the logic of that claim is that he is not a fraudster, but instead a perjurer.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1301
    The guy is a fraud.  He's not taken the rap for anything ever and his behaviour over the last 72 hours is testimony to that. 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6684
    Bod said:
    The guy is a fraud.  He's not taken the rap for anything ever and his behaviour over the last 72 hours is testimony to that. 
    He's not Gary Barlow, he's a very naughty boy. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Someone's got a sense of humour ?

https://www.facebook.com/everythingchangesshow ;

“Ken sent me.”
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24279
    You’ll win an easy £10,000+ is he is spreading lies about you about sex offences.

Several high profile law firms take that work as no win, no fee.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You’ll win an easy £10,000+ is he is spreading lies about you about sex offences.

Several high profile law firms take that work as no win, no fee.
    Jesus.

Quick!! Someone call me a paedo!!

Bye!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom