What Are You Listening To Now ?

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23249
    Philly_Q said:
    I'm at on online conference listening to a young person talking about the value of employer branding in the modern workplace...
    Did you get to choose the style of iron that they were branded with?
    It was metaphorical branding, quite a lot like this:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgm said:
    Sco-Mule.
    John Scofield and Govt Mule 2CD live.
    Glorious; Sco in full fusion god mode, guitar screaming with the Mule pounding along beneath.
    There are some bloody fantastic exchanges with Haynes.

I must revisit this album. Big Mule fan, but this one never quite clicked with me. Maybe it’s time.

• joetelejoetele Frets: 953
    edited October 2022
    An album that was hugely influential for me in my 20s. Not just the guitars, but the drumming too, which is majestic. 

The Appleseed Cast: Low Level Owl Volume 1.

https://deepelmdigital.com/album/low-level-owl-vol-1
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 953
    Baroness - Blue Record 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 349
    edited October 2022
    The new Alvvays album, with production, mixing & engineering by Shawn Everett.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 887
    Just discovered Hamilton Leithauser and discover this track with Kevin Morby. Exceptional stuff IMO.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H34EoPqfq8g
    edited October 2022
    Alvvays live, with a track from their new album.

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1478
    Hundred Reasons - who are arguably one of my top 3 favourite bands of all time - released their first new music in FIFTEEN YEARS today, out of the relative blue - whilst also announcing a new album. 

I've had the new single on loop for nearly 2 hours. It's fucking ace. 
    joneve said:
    Hundred Reasons - who are arguably one of my top 3 favourite bands of all time - released their first new music in FIFTEEN YEARS today, out of the relative blue - whilst also announcing a new album. 

This one?

Vintage65 said:
    joneve said:

This one?

Yessir. 

Was buzzing for the tour this year, until it was postponed - and was getting excited again for the date in march. Even more excited now it'll be in support of a new album. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10909
    I remember this being on in the car when I was a kid. It's a low key banger. Excellent all round, in particular the vocals and the guitar solo

• HaychHaych Frets: 5735
    Don't laugh, but I'm listening to this right now - and doubly don't laugh, but I think it's a bloody brilliant album:

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

roberty said:
    I remember this being on in the car when I was a kid. It's a low key banger. Excellent all round, in particular the vocals and the guitar solo

We must have the same dad, as I have the very same memory. 

But yes, absolute top drawer banger. Genesis purists probably turn their nose up at it - but We Can't Dance is an absolutely solid record. 
  • Simple Minds - Direction of the Heart

https://youtu.be/fiycWJyviZQ

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    Simple Minds - Direction of the Heart

@RocknRollDave did you see them on Later last night? I caught the end of it and wondered if you knew about it. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Simple Minds - Direction of the Heart

@RocknRollDave did you see them on Later last night? I caught the end of it and wondered if you knew about it. 
    I did indeed, thank you .

• I'm really enjoying Nita Strauss' new single The Wolf You Feed featuring Alyssa White-Gluz. Fantastic vocal performance, and a banging solo.

• robertyroberty Frets: 10909
    joneve said:
    roberty said:
    We must have the same dad, as I have the very same memory. 

But yes, absolute top drawer banger. Genesis purists probably turn their nose up at it - but We Can't Dance is an absolutely solid record. 
    I had it on in the car the other day for old times' sake. Some interesting production decisions! It is at the very least an entertaining listen

I'm a bit of a philistine in that I prefer Bowie's 80s work
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2612
    edited October 2022
    I've been listening to the podcast "A History of Rock Music in 500 Songs" by Andrew Hickey. He's up to song 156. Available on Spotify etc.

I started with the 60s stuff (around song 100) and worked my way forward, skipping the early rock'n'roll that I was less interested in, but once I caught up I went back to the start and am now making progress through the early stuff.  It's got me more interested in some 50s artists than I ever expected to be. Not that I wasn't interested in 50s stuff before but my taste in that era has tended more to the jazzy than pop - Miles, Sinatra, Dinah Washington and Louis Jordan rather than Elvis or Lloyd Price or Carl Perkins.

Being honest I find Hickey himself a hard guy to like, he can be pompous and judgemental, but he's the kind of geek you probably have to be to pull this kind of thing together - his research is obviously meticulous and thorough.  As a friend put it, he's done a huge amount of boring work so you don't have to.  I find I'm sticking with it despite rather than because of Hickey's personality.

Won't be for everybody but if it sounds at all your kind of thing you might pick a song or two that matters to you and give it a try.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”