Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The recent violence on Capitol Hill

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    edited January 2021

This appeared on an American friend's Facebook thread last night (and wasn't the only one, by any stretch):

I actually don't think there's any reasoning to be done with people who think that way. There's literally nothing that can be said which breaks the cycle of mental gymnastics.
    These people don't stand to reason.  They lack the part of the brain that can tell the difference between what is logical and what is crazy.  In their heads, they make up ABSURD scenarios and put that forward as fact.  That is the exact same thing Trump did when the whole where was Obama born birtha thing Trump started.  Then when Obama produced his birth certificate to shut him up, he said Clinton started it.  Straws....they must have lots.

It's funny that he says in capital, Use Your Brain.  Just like that guy who thought Clinton ran an underground paedophile child trafficing ring in the basement of a Pizza Parlour, he believed it so much he had assault rifles and went up to the building and fired at it.  When arrested and questioned, he said he was there to free the children.

If anyone had used their brain they would know that is absurd, plus that building has no basement!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had been wondering the same.

And what would happen if he died of natural causes pre inaugaration - would Trump continue in power ?

No, Harris would take over and serve a full term. I think only somebody who has been elected in some capacity can take office; Trump lost, and therefore cannot.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Trump supporters love to play it down.

Trump says "I just grab them by the pussy".

It's just locker room banter talk.

Trump asked Russia to hack the Democrat's email, basically asking a foreign nation to attack his own country.

Apparently, that was a joke!?

AR-15, oh, it's semi-automatic....I am surprised no one said "you can't prove it was a real gun, it could have been fake!" It's an assault rifle taken into the Capitol when Congress is in session and smashed windows and doors down!

The amount of straw clutching is unreal.

The issue here isn't whether I stated the exact make and model of the gun, the entire issue of mob with guns storming the Capitol is the issue here.
    This appeared on an American friend's Facebook thread last night (and wasn't the only one, by any stretch):

I actually don't think there's any reasoning to be done with people who think that way. There's literally nothing that can be said which breaks the cycle of mental gymnastics.
    Dear god. Some of these people. Unless they have donor cards, you have to ask why they were put on this planet....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    No, Harris would take over and serve a full term. I think only somebody who has been elected in some capacity can take office; Trump lost, and therefore cannot.

nooo, noo he didddn''ttt

iT wAs StOlEn

faaakkkee neeewwwsss
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    All of this lies at the feet of the Republican party. They are a shameful bunch of people who should have turned against Trump the moment that he tried to overrule democracy. None of this would be happening if he had had zero support.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • This is the inevitable consequence of appeasing fascists. Happened in Germany, happened in Italy, now in the USA. And it could happen here in the UK. You can't meet in the middle with people who put children in cages. There's no centre ground. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    I stayed up most of the night watching CNN’s coverage.

I don’t think trump has that much support left to be fair... a leading GOP head and close friend said “he’s lost his mind” about him!!!!!

it would appear that Pence took the wheel yesterday and according to some has been doing so for a few weeks...

in all of the decision making yesterday (according to cnn and the experts the rolled out) Trump was not consulted once... his aides forced him to tell folk to go home.

the one thing that got me tho’ was the little vox pops with trump supporters... they actually believe the shite they have been sold by the big man child... one of the cretins interviewed stated on live tv “we will be back and we will have assault rifles”... ffs... 

there were/are calls from all side for pence to use the 25th amendment and get shot of him now...

it would be shocking but not surprising if Biden becomes the 47th president after pence has a short spell.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    My wife has been saying his supporters would do this sort of thing, and I disagreed with her on multiple occasions. I'm staying quiet today. She doesn't seem to have read the news yet.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15541
    slight digression here, but I couldn't help noticing how fat so many of them were (and the cops for that matter). Other than the woman shot, they haven't said how the others died (can't remember the term they used) but I wonder if some of them were heart attacks or falls. That's why I don't believe it was antifa, them's all skinny, vegan fucks, all tripped out on pilates and man bun sauce. MAGA's are all burger toting fat fucks, just like them protestors. 
    You just feel like screaming at them, put down the burger, do some pressups and maybe you'd actually be able to stage a proper coup. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  •  
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopot said:
    I stayed up most of the night watching CNN’s coverage.

I don’t think trump has that much support left to be fair... a leading GOP head and close friend said “he’s lost his mind” about him!!!!!

it would appear that Pence took the wheel yesterday and according to some has been doing so for a few weeks...

in all of the decision making yesterday (according to cnn and the experts the rolled out) Trump was not consulted once... his aides forced him to tell folk to go home.

the one thing that got me tho’ was the little vox pops with trump supporters... they actually believe the shite they have been sold by the big man child... one of the cretins interviewed stated on live tv “we will be back and we will have assault rifles”... ffs... 

there were/are calls from all side for pence to use the 25th amendment and get shot of him now...

it would be shocking but not surprising if Biden becomes the 47th president after pence has a short spell.

Much as I would like to see the US actually show some backbone and sack him right now, I would be surprised if they did.

Wouldn't that be seen as an embarrasing condemnation of their process and judgement ? I have a feeling they will just count down the days and move on.

• chotu495chotu495 Frets: 356
    I noticed that Trumps pre-riot speech was from behind bullet-proof glass. I don’t remember seeing that before.

I also noticed that a large proportion of the Republican party stood their ground after the rioters had been cleared out of the Federal building that they had smashed their way into. By “stood their ground”, I mean didn’t deviate from aligning with Trump’s position that he won the 2020 election. Because of this, I doubt the comparitive sanity of the 4th Section of the 25th Amendment will be deployed.

I expect Hugo Boss are rubbing their hands together in anticipation of a spike in orders.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chotu495 said:

I also noticed that a large proportion of the Republican party stood their ground after the rioters had been cleared out of the Federal building that they had smashed their way into. By “stood their ground”, I mean didn’t deviate from aligning with Trump’s position that he won the 2020 election. Because of this, I doubt the comparitive sanity of the 4th Section of the 25th Amendment will be deployed.

Is that true? All the Republican politicians I saw have condemned yesterday's actions, and the fact that all but seven of them voted to ratify the election result sort of indicates otherwise...?
    <space for hire>
    chotu495 said:

Is that true? All the Republican politicians I saw have condemned yesterday's actions, and the fact that all but seven of them voted to ratify the election result sort of indicates otherwise...?
    I was watching some coverage (cant remember who from, likely bbc or aljazeera) this morning, and saw footage of within the chamber once the ratification process had taken place. A Republican Senator (blue suit, dark hair, youngish), spoke of Trump’s speech (pre-riot) making it clear that he asked for peaceful (march/protest?), unlike the BLM violence that took place during their protests. This drew applause from i assume other Republicans present.

They then cut to a Professor in American Politics from a UK Uni (Birmingham?), who was an American (glasses, grey beard, fireplace with three cat figurines on mantlepiece...the stuff i remember). He identified that despite the ratification of the Biden win, a large number of Republicans in the house still aligned with Trump in that he didn’t lose the election.

All that said, they had to ratify the Biden win, because they literally have no other option. Something like 50+ legal attempts to block and overturn the results, none of which have been sustained. Where they are on supporting POTUS....well, i’ve not seen individual Repiblicans being asked individually as to exactly where they stand on the election result. 

I have seen two or three Republicans vocally peel away with siding with Trump, as part of the post-riot footage.
  • chotu495 said:

chotu495 said:

Seven in the senate. But the House of Representatives rejected the objection to Pennsylvania Electoral Votes, 282-138. That’s 138 Republicans siding with Trump’s position. That’s a lot. 
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1108
    This made me laugh more than it should have...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chotu495 said:

I expect Hugo Boss are rubbing their hands together in anticipation of a spike in orders.
    They did not design nazi uniforms. But the internet myth persists.

Re my message above, the Republican in the blue suit saying was Matt Gaetz. “He (Trump) was far more explicit for some of his calls for peace than some of the BLM and left-wing rioters were this summer”. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Are there any actual Trump fans on here? Anyone support his views or think yesterday's actions were reasonable?

Or is this potentially the first ever FB thread where all are in agreement?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis