Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The recent violence on Capitol Hill

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22959
    poopot said:
    it would appear that Pence took the wheel yesterday and according to some has been doing so for a few weeks...

in all of the decision making yesterday (according to cnn and the experts the rolled out) Trump was not consulted once... his aides forced him to tell folk to go home.

(snip - sorry!)

there were/are calls from all side for pence to use the 25th amendment and get shot of him now...

it would be shocking but not surprising if Biden becomes the 47th president after pence has a short spell.
    Whenever I read about the possibility of Pence taking the reins I can't help imagining Trump enlisting the support of Kiefer Sutherland, Gerard Butler or Channing Tatum - maybe all three - and charging around the place doing everything he can to get back into "rightful" power.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72420
    chotu495 said:

I expect Hugo Boss are rubbing their hands together in anticipation of a spike in orders.
    They did not design nazi uniforms. But the internet myth persists.
    Correct, they didn't design them... they manufactured them. Specifically SS, SA, Wehrmacht, Waffen-SS, Hitler Youth and others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Boss#Manufacturing_for_the_Nazi_Party

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chotu495chotu495 Frets: 356
    chotu495 said:

I expect Hugo Boss are rubbing their hands together in anticipation of a spike in orders.
    Yes they did.

https://www.nytimes.com/1997/08/15/business/hugo-boss-acknowledges-link-to-nazi-regime.html
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15542
    edited January 2021
    mind you, porsche, BMW and mercedes designed and manufactured vehicles for the nazis and we don't label people who drive them.

oh wait, no, we do.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    I'm trying to understand what the objective is here. Are they trying to turn people's attention away from anything bigger? Were they seriously thinking they might achieve some sort of change? Was is a display of "power" or stupidity. I mean I really don't understand.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    brooom said:
    I'm trying to understand what the objective is here. Are they trying to turn people's attention away from anything bigger? Were they seriously thinking they might achieve some sort of change? Was is a display of "power" or stupidity. I mean I really don't understand.
    Clearly stupidity ...
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    brooom said:
    They are trying to protect the constitution from people who are following it, except they are the one trying to "steal" it.

So utter stupid.
  • chotu495 said:
    chotu495 said:

Yes they did.

https://www.nytimes.com/1997/08/15/business/hugo-boss-acknowledges-link-to-nazi-regime.html
    That just acknowledges that they made them; the designers (of the SS uniforms at least) were Karl Diebitsch and Walter Heck.
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    brooom said:
    They are trying to protect the constitution from people who are following it, except they are the one trying to "steal" it.

So utter stupid.
    sure, but how are they trying to achieve that with what they did yesterday? How does invading the capitol help them achieve that, if it was only a matter of hours until they were removed?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27113
    brooom said:
    brooom said:

So utter stupid.
    sure, but how are they trying to achieve that with what they did yesterday? How does invading the capitol help them achieve that, if it was only a matter of hours until they were removed?
    They have been brainwashed to believe that the establishment is evil and Trump is the one true honest man in government, and that they need to start a revolution to install Trump as rightful President-slash-god-emperor. 

It’s actually quite sad because so many of them have actually done nothing wrong, are going to have their world views ripped apart over the next couple of years (Obviously not the ones literally storming the Capitol yesterday.)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    brooom said:
    brooom said:

So utter stupid.
    They can't and won't by doing what they did yesterday, if they weren't stupid, they would know that.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15542
    octatonic said:
    someone mentioned that earlier, I wasn't sure I could actually believe it. How morally disconnected must he be to wear something like that? And how morally disconnected must his compatriots be to tolerate it? What is malfunctioning in these people?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1798
    He wasn't the only one either.

There was another wearing a "6 Million Wasn't Enough" holocaust t-shirt for instance
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chotu495 said:

I also noticed that a large proportion of the Republican party stood their ground after the rioters had been cleared out of the Federal building that they had smashed their way into. By “stood their ground”, I mean didn’t deviate from aligning with Trump’s position that he won the 2020 election. Because of this, I doubt the comparitive sanity of the 4th Section of the 25th Amendment will be deployed.

Is that true? All the Republican politicians I saw have condemned yesterday's actions, and the fact that all but seven of them voted to ratify the election result sort of indicates otherwise...?
    Lower down the political food chain, there's still Trump support and there is enough there to get a new party going. 

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Lower down the EVOLUTIONARY food chain, there's still Trump support and there is enough there to get a new party going. 

FTFY.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22173
    edited January 2021
    Nah, I won't put them down like that. It's too close to the deplorables line from HRC, an insult which backfired dreadfully in the same way that Emily Thornberry barracking white van man backfired. 

Feel free to dispense a torrent of abuse on Brendan O'Neill though. Even when it's a load of Trump supporters invading, somehow it's gotta be about the Dems. He is the contrarian prick personified and one of the few people I would like to come to a nasty end involving a hippopotamus. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6693
    The best way to put Trump down is using Trump's old tweets.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom