Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The impact of lockdown or a midlife crisis?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3219
    Nerine said:
    The headstock looks like a creation from the “drawing cocks on things you shouldn’t” Facebook page. 
    Maybe that’s why I like it. It’s like that Blue Peter art competition that I didn’t win -just revisiting my ‘youth’. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The headstock is fine with me - bit like a twelve-string neck converted to six. Don't like the body though, but I like the wangbar. 

Great guitar if you're in a comedy band. Not my cup of whiskey.
  • Kent747Kent747 Frets: 259
    Kent747 said:
    I’m currently shopping Les Pauls. I’ve not been a humbucker guy for years. Lockdown. It ruins the mind. 
    Eastman SB59...
    I’ve been eyeing a few Tokais but Eastman seems best. Suggestions on shop?
    Kent747 said:
    Kent747 said:
    I’m currently shopping Les Pauls. I’ve not been a humbucker guy for years. Lockdown. It ruins the mind. 
    Eastman SB59...
    I went to music street. I’d tried everything from 6k custom shop gibsons (that I could never afford) down to the range of traditionals and classics. Closest I could get to a particularly good r8 of which there had been a fair few dogs when trying, was the sb59. Fraction of the cost and a pickup change and it is an absolute keeper. Fantastic guitar.
    Kent747 said:
    Kent747 said:
    Eastman SB59...
    I went to music street. I’d tried everything from 6k custom shop gibsons (that I could never afford) down to the range of traditionals and classics. Closest I could get to a particularly good r8 of which there had been a fair few dogs when trying, was the sb59. Fraction of the cost and a pickup change and it is an absolute keeper. Fantastic guitar.
    Oh and speak to Fletcher pickups about some low wound, unpotted ‘elysiums’ if you want a traditional paf set.
  • Kent747Kent747 Frets: 259
    Kent747 said:
    Kent747 said:
    Eastman SB59...
    Oh and speak to Fletcher pickups about some low wound, unpotted ‘elysiums’ if you want a traditional paf set.
    I assume you had Seymours to start? Or Lollar?
     Kent747 said:
    Kent747 said:
    Kent747 said:
    Eastman SB59...
    I assume you had Seymours to start? Or Lollar?
    Yeah SD 59s. Try as I might I just can’t get on with Seymour Duncans in any form. I gather the Lollars are much better.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11798
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but from where this beholder sits that is one ugly, UGLY guitar and about as cool as a cow-pat on a hearthrug.  The hockey-stick headstock is plain ridiculous unless it's carrying 6 more tuners. And £1800?!   Nah.  Take it away, matron.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom