Just got hit by a car

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    So I'm the red dot, crossing to go down, yellow car is waiting for me. Traffic coming from the other direction is about 50-60 yards away when I start crossing. From there, I'm crossing the road as you normally would, and red car goes over the crossing and collides with me as I'm about half way across.
    So the driver of the yellow car will have seen what happened. That could be important, if they come forward/can be traced. And how fast was the red car going?

Joking aside it also raises the question of whether the driver of the red car might also have been on the phone, with that lack of perception of a situation if there was another car already stopped at the crossing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24369
    prowla said:
    To be clear - the car hit you whilst you were more than half way across the road on a zebra crossing???
    zepp76 said:
    Maybe this is a lesson not to cross roads/crossings while on the phone no matter how switched on you think you are. Things can go so wrong even when we think we are paying full attention. Glad you’re ok though. I am a bit confused how he hit you on the left hand side though, was he coming from the wrong direction? You weren’t Moonwalking across were you?
    I agree obviously that people should be careful. But now details are coming back to me; I'm 99% certain there was a bloody car waiting for me to cross on the right hand side!

So I'm the red dot, crossing to go down, yellow car is waiting for me. Traffic coming from the other direction is about 50-60 yards away when I start crossing. From there, I'm crossing the road as you normally would, and red car goes over the crossing and collides with me as I'm about half way across. 

My left leg bore the brunt of it, and is a bit sore this morning. My hip is tender. But nothing long-term. Not feeling as maudlin this morning now, fairly chipper!
    Get it logged with your GP anyway even if you don't feel the need to have an examination.
    If (hopefully not) you don't heal as well as expected or you have damage you don't know about then it's important to get it all in the records. Will help inform any future treatment.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3706
    Emp_Fab said:
    TTony said:
    and all of a sudden this fucking car is on top of me 
    That’s the thing with Honda Civics.

Completely non-descript, they fade into the background and you just don’t notice them.
    I have witnesses who can corroborate my alibi.
    @Emp_Fab unless the money comes through quickly I won't be able to help you out with this. Your call. :lol: 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15521
    edited January 2021
    In some respects, what the yellow car did isn't relevant (though helpful to support your case) the red car is entirely at fault. Even if you weren't on a pedestrian crossing he still has to be driving in such a manner that he can respond to hazards, so he should've stopped. If he's going to fast to see you and stop, then he's going too fast for the road conditions. If you can get his details somehow, then absolutely report him, he needs taking off the road.
    And yes, see your GP as soon as you can. Deep tissue injuries can be nasty and don't always show immediately. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    edited January 2021
    Are you sure it was an accident and not a targeted attack?
    Remember that bloke on here who took a dislike to you and started writing to his MP or something about you?
    He'd be the first in a long line of suspects.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    In normal times I'd advise seeing your GP just to get a formal, medically accurate description of your condition. 
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    Sorry to hear about this Drew - I'm glad that everything so far seems to have left you in (more or less) one piece.

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    I'd probably be angling for a sick bed blowie to help get over the shock
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5645
    I'd probably be angling for a sick bed blowie to help get over the shock
    Don't know whether to lol or wiz that one?

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• SnapSnap Frets: 6265
    Hope you are OK mate, I bet that was really shocking. Did you get a number plate? Wonder if there was any CCTV
  • Ive started adding extension poles to my pitchfork so I can poke from a long social distance, just give me the nod and ill start waving in the general direction of London from here in Dorset.

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2769
    Speak to a solicitor- there’s a claim there worth a few grand.  
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Man-up you big poof.

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    I'm sure you will have, but if you're going through legal processes do remember to have a rock solid reason for being out yourself during lockdown. Glad you're ok.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Yes I'm okay today, and much more relaxed and not stressed out now. Thanks for the empathic comments. Thanks for the jokes too ;)

@tony99 I was buying food. And a Liverpool FC full kit :lol:

Bye!

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    Yes I'm okay today, and much more relaxed and not stressed out now. Thanks for the empathic comments. Thanks for the jokes too ;)

haha
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    That sucks out loud, hope you're OK..

I won't lie, I nearly made a parody thread called "I just got hit on by a car" 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10244
    Shit man. Glad you're okay. Hope the prick gets caught. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3909
    edited January 2021
    Bloody hell I'm just glad you're still around to be able to tell the tale. I hope hit 'n run guy gets caught too.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18823
    Yes I'm okay today, and much more relaxed and not stressed out now. Thanks for the empathic comments. Thanks for the jokes too ;)

'And a Liverpool FC full kit'
    Sure you don't have a head injury?