Just got hit by a car

What's Hot

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Speak to a doctor, that's a traumatic experience. On the bright side your daughter still has a father.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    Guess I'll feel better tomorrow.
    You are in shock. Might be worth ringing NHS Direct
    +1

The near miss incident prompts a fight or flight reaction. Your body automatically releases adrenaline and noradrenaline. (Hence, the apparent absence of pain and the panic attack.) Only as the hormone levels return to normal will you discover the extent of your injuries.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    A lot of people meaning well, but can you be honest about any 'injury' you may or may not have before taking advice on this thread. "I literally had to jump backwards to get out of the way" is not getting hit by a car. The last thing you want to be doing is wasting the time of the NHS right now, there are very sick people out there that can't get help just now, and also people waiting on emergency help for hours, and you certainly don't want to be dropping in on A&E if you can help it, it's the last place you want to be.

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038

Physically I feel fine, but I feel very sad right now. Guess I'll feel better tomorrow.
    Yep, I get this.  I nearly was a goner on my motorbike when my son was young and that bit played on my mind.
    This is possibly going to sound weird but if the scene and thoughts are still going around your mind at the moment and feel like they might be bothersome try something that really requires full concentration like Tetris or similar.  Basically, you've only got so much processing power above the neckline and you might want to force it to do something trivial for a bit rather than laying down anything deep and bothersome. 
    Hope the physical stuff is fine; avoid hospitals like the plague at the moment!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm okay now dudes. Sitting here watching Cobra Kai with the wife, having a beer (slowly!), heart-rate is normal, not sweating or anything like that. Not in shock anymore.

Bye!

• Thanks for the concern though, wasn't expecting that! Cheers all.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    Glad you’re ok. A second difference in where you were or where this idiot came from, and... you already know the rest. Or a second the other way and it would have been just feeling the air rush by as he missed you by a few inches. This sort of thing happens, try not to run the wrong one through your mind over and over.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited January 2021
    edited to keep the peace.

• WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited January 2021
    MikeS said:
    A lot of people meaning well, but can you be honest about any 'injury' you may or may not have before taking advice on this thread. "I literally had to jump backwards to get out of the way" is not getting hit by a car. The last thing you want to be doing is wasting the time of the NHS right now, there are very sick people out there that can't get help just now, and also people waiting on emergency help for hours, and you certainly don't want to be dropping in on A&E if you can help it, it's the last place you want to be.

No Mike. The car did hit me. I've got a cut on my finger, grazes on my legs, and bruising on the ankle. It could have been way worse if I hadn't have reacted. If it makes you better you can consider me being clipped by a car, rather than hit. But it bloody hurt all the same.

Not enough for me to seek medical attention, and I know that, which is why I haven't.

I did log the incident with the police.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 306
    Homeopathic tablets  "Arnica 30c" is good for shock.

It may come out a bit stronger over the next week, glad you are ok.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11875
    Glad you are okay Drew, take it easy the next few days.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Glad you're ok mate; horrible thing to happen.
  • It wasn't that bad, I'll be okay by tomorrow I'm sure. Anyway, no need to make anymore of a big deal about it. Just dossing on the sofa now.

Bye!

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    edited January 2021
    Shock makes the body do stuff - weepy reaction & shakes are typical.  Sugary drinks will help tonight

Glad you're ok pal !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    Think positive. You got to see Trump impeached.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18749
    Thanks for the concern though, wasn't expecting that! Cheers all.
    Naaaah, you're just like real family to us.
    We don't generally want to have anything to do with you, but just in case anything happens, we still need to be able to show that we cared...  ;) :) :+1: 

Hope you get some sleep & don't overthink the incident & the infinite possibilities that might have been (clue, they didn't happen).
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6131
    tFB Trader
    Bloody hell, hope you are ok!! 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ColsCols Frets: 6998
    That’s a nasty scare - glad it didn’t hit you full on.  Have another beer, think it’s advisable under the circumstances.
  • Good thing you reported it.  I suppose it's always possible that the same driver went a mile or two down the road and had some other accident or worse - could have been half pissed for all we know.  (If people report this stuff, it could be useful to the police in the event they need to build a picture of what the guy was up to prior to something even worse that he could have been responsible for later.)
    Or have I seen too many TV shows...

Worded that a bit garbled but I hope you get the idea.....good that you're OK, though, that's the main thing. 

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27480
    and all of a sudden this fucking car is on top of me 
    That’s the thing with Honda Civics.

Completely non-descript, they fade into the background and you just don’t notice them.

Until ....

;)

Take it easy,
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom