Something new from PRS tonight - 7pm Eastern Sea Board Time

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14238
in Guitar tFB Trader
So PRS have a product/event launch tonight - 7pm USA Eastern Zone - which I think is midnight for us
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14426
    Mostly subtle upgrades to existing designs - including the Narrowfield pickup. The new Fiore is a presentable HSS guitar but nothing radical. Coupla amps and acoustic guitars. 

There are YouTube video demonstrations of some of the new stuff. At the time of this writing, the PRS website has yet to be updated properly.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    edited January 2021
    Mostly subtle upgrades to existing designs - including the Narrowfield pickup. The new Fiore is a presentable HSS guitar but nothing radical. Coupla amps and acoustic guitars. 
    While it’s not radical at all (almost a slightly more generic Brent Mason sig!) it is unexpected to see a 2-point trem on a PRS!

*edit* and here’s the new stuff:

https://prsguitars.com/blog/post/meet_the_new_2021_prs_products

The SE 24-08 is a smart addition, and there’s some nice refreshes on the other models there but nothing obviously ground-breaking.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited January 2021
    On paper, the Fiore would be more 'my sort of PRS' and I like the spec (swamp ash body, 2 point trem  HSS, 22 fret maple neck) but the styling does look odd. I've never been a fan of the bird inlays and could just about tolerate the old block ones but I loved the moons. However, I really dislike these hollow ones and they look cartoon-like and so not sure if this works.

Let's see what the prices are like on the new range as quite a few brands are predicting a 30% hike in prices
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited January 2021
    I think that new one is ugly as hell (EDIT:) in red.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2897
    edited January 2021
    Absolutely nothing interesting there for me this year, just more of the same. Was hoping for some more nice 22 fret options or an SE Vela. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14238
    tFB Trader

I liked the idea of the Studio first time around, but it never really caught on

bit confused about the terminology of the finish - 
    Nitro over Cellulose (CAB)
     + what does CAB mean
  • MarchMarch Frets: 286
    Don't mind the Fiore, especially in red.

Strange to see the Studio back in what is more of less the same guise as last time. I owned one for a couple of years and struggled to get on with it. It never struck me as a popular seller, although my own lack of fondness for the model is probably clouding my view.

To be honest, the only two things on my wish list were a 594 DC trem and/or a DGT semi-hollow. Both flights of fantasy that PRS have not fullfilled. I will dream on!    =)
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    If they made an SE Silver Sky Im pretty certain they’d rake it in.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Would quite happily try that Fiore - looks nice 
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    I've been keen to try a studio for a while, mostly for the NF pickups. The S2 version they did sat too close to my Vela to be worth getting. 
    I wonder if they'll have aftermarket NFs again. Would try one on the Vela . 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3654
    Nice to see the studio 22 featuring again, I have a 2011 model.

I quite like the Fiore (Red is my preferred colour from what's on show) but then I also liked the Silver Sky, especially the maple neck version.  I seem to have a thing for HSS guitars with a covered humbucker (I converted my Strat to HSS).

I agree that an SE Silver Sky would create a lot of interest but I guess that PRS have a close eye on the sales figures and will know when the time is right as they wouldn't wish to cannibalise their own sales.
  • If they made an SE Silver Sky Im pretty certain they’d rake it in.
    I thought they'd been teasing that for some time, odd that they haven't pulled the trigger yet. They would probably sell bucket loads (and get blanket coverage from YouTubers and instagrammers!)
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Two point trem? FFS...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11875
    edited January 2021
    Is that just a refresh Zach Myer with new colour and pick ups?

But I've got to say, overall it is a lot more interesting line up than Fender's.  The most interesting thing there was a different colour Telecaster!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5421
    Meh.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Earth shattering news that could potentially revolutionise the guitar world as we know it.
    I'm both excited and slightly scared.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Is it me or does the bird above the 2021 look a bit like a hypodermic needle... it would sum 2021 up, nicely...

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72336

It’s quite remarkable how something can be so bland and so ugly at the same time.

At least the headstock is the right way round, that’s about the only thing that isn’t hideous.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    The choice of rancid yoghurt as a colour is inspired.