Universal Audio guitar pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    I'll stop now because I want people to enjoy the things they want to enjoy. 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bet these are lovely. With these and the Automatones I reckon once we finally get back to gigs we'll need to also factor in the cost to hire a guy from G4S to carry the pedalboard in and out of venues in a secure case handcuffed to his arm. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975 said:
    said he was either unable to tell the difference in a blind test or the difference was one of taste rather than quality.
    So which was it? 
    Both. Dry close micing he couldn’t tell a difference, wetter room sounds he could because his room doesn’t sound like the modelled ones.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1292
    edited January 2021
    Bet these are lovely. With these and the Automatones I reckon once we finally get back to gigs we'll need to also factor in the cost to hire a guy from G4S to carry the pedalboard in and out of venues in a secure case handcuffed to his arm. 
    Is you pedalboard worth more than your car? Discuss.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Must just be me then, I have a no-menu and no-midi philosophy, these look just the ticket for high quality without or the usual trappings of features I don’t use. I’d like to try the delay at least, the thought of a high quality MM and EP with a more modern digital style is perfect. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Not really hearing anything that I don't have covered with my DIG, Volante, DD500, Timeline, Big Sky, MXR Reverb, and Mobius to be perfectly honest. But fair play to them, they look nice, look very easy to use, and don't throw loads of shit in your face. I'm sure they'll sell very well.

Bye!

• https://youtu.be/AjRgSl0o9uw

Andy demo up, though caveated by the fact that Andy has a knack of making everything sound good and that everything is in stereo so sounds bigger than life.
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    In next week's Andertons YT video, Danish Pete takes the blindfold challenge and prefers Tone City over UA.

Andy demo up, though caveated by the fact that Andy has a knack of making everything sound good and that everything is in stereo so sounds bigger than life.
    Everyone says this, I must be the only person in the world who thinks his demos are fucking dreadful.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom

Everyone says this, I must be the only person in the world who thinks his demos are fucking dreadful.
    He does a good job of getting a variety of tones, but I'm not mad keen on his playing.

Bye!

That’s not a great example as he does a fair bit of generic noodling (by his standards) in it. 

Usually he  takes a more recognisable song/riff based approach (with a good smattering of indie/alternative in there) to showing what a pedal can do instead of just soloing over a backing track only he can hear in his head.

• brucegillbrucegill Frets: 719
    https://youtu.be/AjRgSl0o9uw

Pleased that’s not just me thinking that! Seems to have a knack of making everything sound the same to me. 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9534
    If these pedals sound anything like the OX delays and verbs, they are going to be awesome.

The OX remains some of the best verbs sounds Ive heard.
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1292
    edited March 2021
  • cathodynecathodyne Frets: 24

Starlight Echo Station.
    My first thought was that I wasn’t interested, only one sound out of four that I really wanted, and no MIDI - which I’d expect for £355 along with multiple delay types.

But given what youTubers and reviewers are saying about the quality of the tones I’m having second thoughts.  For me it is a chunk of cash, but in the context of wanting tape delay sounds the price is comparable to other digital pedals that claim to sound like tape, and cheaper (smaller, and presumably more reliable) than an actual tape machine.  

FWIW I'm hoping it will provide fresh tape & serviced machine tones - rather than the caricature warped and lo-fi sounds many pedals offer as tape.  I guess there is a slim chance they might offer a 2290 or 'coloured digital' download in future (not a reason to buy on the off-chance though).

So now I think I want to hear one through an amp for myself (i.e. not just a youTube video) - which will require waiting of course, but I'm happy to wait for the price to drop a bit anyway (once the folk who pre-order have got theirs and the majority of retailers have stock and start competing on price).

If anyone here has played through one I’d be interested to know what they make of it.

• They all sound great, of course. It does come down to the question of value, but for me the Astra scores highest here because it's five totally different pedals and they're all really nice. 

You could argue there's a limit to how amazing a delay or a reverb can sound because it's just echoes in the background, innit? 
    Dickie's 90-Second Pedal Demos: youtube.com/c/Dickies90SecondPedalDemos /// guitar.com reviews: guitar.com/author/richard-purvis/
  • brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 362
    edited April 2021
     This
  • Seriously considering a Starlight delay. The DMM alone sounds divine!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
    I went for it and got the Starlight, absolutely love it, can't get a bad sound out of it (apart from my playing!), the delay sounds are truly gorgeous, I literally can't stop playing it. It's moved my Volante off the board and to the classifieds, a very close thing to be fair but the size and ease of use the Starlight has suits me better. 

I do have negatives though. Whilst I personally am not so fussed about the lack of midi as I don't use it in my rig (but a lot of people do) but the lack of an expression or external tap tempo is irritating, also just two presets is a bit lame, for the price range it could have had both midi and expression (possibly a LED display too?) this could be a deal breaker for many. But I like the sound so much I'm going to forgive them as if I'm honest when I gig I only ever use a couple of delay sounds anyway. 

I'm after a Tremolo and was going to get a Flint (3rd one!) but after playing this I'm extremely tempted to get the Astra.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    @HoraceB it doesn’t have tap tempo? Or it doesn’t have the facility for an external one say via a Gigrig atom? 

I am glad it sounds fantastic, I do want to try out the reverb