The TV Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    Bit late to the party, but I've just watched Broadchurch S1. Sublime.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7437
    The Chair on Netflix is good
    Red ones are better. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    Currently watching Nine Perfect Strangers on Amazon. Pretty good so far.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24368
    Lebarque said:
    Series 2 is a clusterfuck of gigantic proportions.

Literally nothing in the legal proceedings is correct even to the point where the family of the victim are selecting the prosecution barrister!

It's so bad that several senior sharks complained to the producers about it showing it completely wrong.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    Lebarque said:

Literally nothing in the legal proceedings is correct even to the point where the family of the victim are selecting the prosecution barrister!

It's so bad that several senior sharks complained to the producers about it showing it completely wrong.
    Not worth watching S2 or 3 then?
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11812
    "Count me in" on Netflix. A documentary about drummers....just watch it with volume turned up. It's an utterly joyous program. Pour yourself a beer and watch this. Best thing I've seen on tv for ages.
    Thanks.  Added to my watchlist for this evening.  Beers chilling.
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 932
    Currently watching Narcos on Netflix. Just started series 2.
    Not that deep but it's watchable - I don't think the cast/acting are necessarily the best things about it

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24368
    Lebarque said:
    Lebarque said:

Not worth watching S2 or 3 then?
    S3 is far better.

You could skim S2 to fill in the gaps.
  • Titans - the live action show based on the Teen Titans comics, featuring the various sidekicks of various DC characters.

This one is dark, gritty, sweary and pretty good. It's not dark and gritty like the recent DC movies, it's dark and gritty in a good way. Some nice casting, some interesting plotlines and some brilliant action sequences, it's not among the best ever TV shows, but if you like DC mythology and/or solid action TV, it's well worth checking out. I'm looking forward to season 3 (early reports of which say it's better than 1 or 2).
  • westfordwestford Frets: 581
    Quite enjoyed The Terror on iPlayer.
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    Offset said:
    "Count me in" on Netflix. A documentary about drummers....just watch it with volume turned up. It's an utterly joyous program. Pour yourself a beer and watch this. Best thing I've seen on tv for ages.
    Thanks.  Added to my watchlist for this evening.  Beers chilling.
    Really enjoyed this but some of them do come across as right smug b****ds at times  =) 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12390
    El cid on amazon prime, dubbed from spanish or in spanish with subtitles if you are exotic.  Pretty decent stuff a bit Last Kingdom.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Why is "house of games" a thing? It's crap.
  • I’ve just finished a couple of things:

Community - was absolutely hooked after about 3 or 4 episodes. Not really seen anything like it before: possibly one of the cleverest (and most self-aware) comedies I’ve ever seen. Really truly excellent - 9.5/10

Feel Good - hard going in lots of places and not as funny as I thought it was going to be (although there were some proper laugh out loud moments, especially in season 2), but I absolutely loved it. Had me in tears several times, and I genuinely didn’t know how it was going to end until it did. Brilliant - 10/10
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I’ve just finished a couple of things:

Community - was absolutely hooked after about 3 or 4 episodes. Not really seen anything like it before: possibly one of the cleverest (and most self-aware) comedies I’ve ever seen. Really truly excellent - 9.5/10

Feel Good - hard going in lots of places and not as funny as I thought it was going to be (although there were some proper laugh out loud moments, especially in season 2), but I absolutely loved it. Had me in tears several times, and I genuinely didn’t know how it was going to end until it did. Brilliant - 10/10
    Recently started Community. Enjoying it very much.
  • I’ve just finished a couple of things:

Yes, Community is great. Season 4 didn't involve the creator And is rightly considered the weakest, but still has some good moments. Some of the smartest writing in TV, and an incredible cast. I really hope they get a movie off the ground.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 932
    The North Water 
    I saw this is a series coming up on BBC shortly. I don’t know if it’s been on elsewhere already. 
    The book is a real cracker of a story so I hope this adaptation is as good. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    edited September 2021
    I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned it before but Blown Away on Netflix. I watched season 1 a while ago and I’m halfway through season 2 now. 
    It’s a Canadian glass blowing competition with all the fake I put my heart and soul rubbish you get in reality TV but I still find it utterly absorbing. And I get to snigger every time they say glory hole ( the term glory hole has been used in glass blowing since the mid 19th century, sexual connotations came later). 
    It’s an amazing set of skills and creativity. 

,,,and finished. Season 2 probably better than season 1 so you could skip straight to that. Not very Covid friendly I suppose so no season 3 as yet. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Anybody else watching Vigil? I'm quite enjoying it.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12383
    Finished off watching Stephen last night, about the Stephen Lawrence murder and subsequent investigations. The actors playing the Lawrence’s were both excellent but Steve Coogan was a bit weak as the DSI leading the case….seemed to be trying too hard to be Ordinary Bloke. Still a good watch though and keeps up the tension even though you know how it all turns out in the end. Sadly also a reminder of how botched the whole original Met Police investigation was; probably deliberately so too, which is shameful.