The TV Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• BluesLoverBluesLover Frets: 680
    My Sonos soundbar has a night setting to smooth out the dynamics of volume swings.
    Reacher season 2 is poor, I think. More bullets flying than WW2 but hardly anyone getting shot - it's like an episode of the A team!
    Fargo, in comparison, is really good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23482
    Reacher season 2 is poor, I think. More bullets flying than WW2 but hardly anyone getting shot - it's like an episode of the A team!
    Mild spoiler, but it seemed to me they killed a lot of ne'er-do-wells in episode 3.  With the police turning an unlikely blind eye.
  • Anyone watching that Masked Singer thing? I'm not being forced to watch it but it's on and now I'm involved..

Bubble Tea has to be Jane Horrocks
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3223
    We started on ''The Following'' last night, only watched the first few episodes, it's actually really good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12473
    We started on ''The Following'' last night, only watched the first few episodes, it's actually really good.
    After watching the following I used to routinely watch news reports and expect to see someone run on from off camera and stab reporters in the face. 

Bonkers show but really watchable. 
    Philly_Q said:
    Mild spoiler, but it seemed to me they killed a lot of ne'er-do-wells in episode 3.  With the police turning an unlikely blind eye.
    I have to say though, bulking up to the size of a house seems to have somehow restricted Alan Ritchson's acting ability.  It also makes him seem shorter, oddly enough.  Bring back Tom Cruise!  ;)
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3223
    munckee said:
    After watching the following I used to routinely watch news reports and expect to see someone run on from off camera and stab reporters in the face. 

Bonkers show but really watchable. 

Have you not seen the news coming out of South Korea, that's literally just happened to a politician.

It is a great show, though it's not something we can watch every night, last night for example, we just where really not in the mood for it, where as with most TV shows, once we start one, we watch a few episodes of it every night until it's finished, or it gets so bad we just can't stomach it anymore.  It is a great show, it's just something that we have to be in the mood to watch.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1327
    We've been watching "Fool me Once".

Really really good rubbish drama/thriller.

Absolutely claptrap of the highest order, super glossy, utterly silly, but all the twists and turns of a noire epic.  Cliff hanger after cliff hanger.  

Completely forgettable, but you just can't wait to find out what happens!

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1817
    Rather late to the party but currently working our way through Shetland. 

First couple of series were fine but it got going properly by series 3. 
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7233
    massive endorsement of Boat Story on BBC iPlayer. Daisy Haggard smashes it out the park again.
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1905
    Just re-watched the first three episodes of Cowboy Bebop. Forgotten how much I liked it.
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 874
    Stay with it @the_jaffa ... Shetland is worth the investment in your time and energy. Besides, there is no better scenery in any crime drama that I know of.

Besides, Ann Cleeves is a great crime-writer  ... Vera is another of her characters/series.

• JEMJEM Frets: 138
    Brio said:
    Just re-watched the first three episodes of Cowboy Bebop. Forgotten how much I liked it.

The original anime or the live action remake? I loved the original, partly thanks to the fantastic Yoko Kanno soundtrack. I watched a couple of episodes of the remake and while I didn't hate it I didn't think it really compared.
    sinbaadi said:

Absolutely claptrap of the highest order, super glossy, utterly silly, but all the twists and turns of a noire epic.  Cliff hanger after cliff hanger.  

We've been attempting to wade through it.  I can't find much to like really, I don't give a sh1t who did what or who is dead or not.  Yet to be decided whether we bother watching any more.
    Just watched The haunting of hill house, years old but realised its by the same people as the Fall of the House of Usher series on Netflix.  It was pretty good I thought,  I like a creepy ghost horror more than a zombie type horror usually and it was certainly watchable and I liked the all over the place bits from the past slowly revealing the horror.

Will now start on the Haunting of Bly House which is same team again I think.

• Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    I watched the first episode of After The Food last night on ITV really enjoyed it.
    Will probably binge watch the rest over the next few days on itvX.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 11
    munckee said:
    Just watched The haunting of hill house, years old but realised its by the same people as the Fall of the House of Usher series on Netflix.  It was pretty good I thought,  I like a creepy ghost horror more than a zombie type horror usually and it was certainly watchable and I liked the all over the place bits from the past slowly revealing the horror.

Will now start on the Haunting of Bly House which is same team again I think.
    Prepare for disappointment.  But it's still worth watching. 

(I'd recommend reading the original books, in both cases.  And the 1960 film The Innocents.)
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1905
    JEM said:
    Brio said:

The original anime or the live action remake? I loved the original, partly thanks to the fantastic Yoko Kanno soundtrack. I watched a couple of episodes of the remake and while I didn't hate it I didn't think it really compared.
    Lice action. Never saw the original and I don't usually like animation m.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10363
    munckee said:
    sinbaadi said:

We've been attempting to wade through it.  I can't find much to like really, I don't give a sh1t who did what or who is dead or not.  Yet to be decided whether we bother watching any more.

We didn't even make it to the end of the first episode. There's just something about Michelle Keegan that doesn't click with me. Can't put my finger on it but I can't help thinking a more 'accomplished' actor would have been better for the leading role.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7402
    Finished the first season of The Bear. It was alright, second season looks like it might be more interesting.