Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Uh oh Fender... Instagram accusations of being misogynistic

What's Hot

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    AlexC said:
    @soma1975 Don’t want to derail this thread, but in allusion to Twitter and myself making other shit jokes... It was the night before the Scottish Independence Referendum. (I’m English, I live in Scotland. I’m ‘British’ as far as I’m concerned). And I tweeted this joke -

An Englishman and a Welshman walk into a pub, look around and say “Bit quiet in here tonight, isn’t it!”

Some of my followers - many for Scottish Independence - retweeted it. Got some ‘lols’. 
    Within 12 hrs it had been retweeted thousands of times by Left, Middle and Right. Including, to my horror, some official members of UKIP!
    Point is this - my ‘joke’ took on a life of its own. People were literally reading into it what they wanted to read into it. Pro-Independence saw it as a positive homage, and some saw it as an anti Scots slogan.
    I was getting all sorts of followers that I wouldn’t want to be in the same room with.
    Consequently I left Twitter.
    Sorry for the anecdote, but bears some relevance maybe.
    Yep I can well believe it. 

I saw a post about Prince Harry's new media deal and made a simple comment about how they just want to leave the country and be left alone, to their multiple multi-year multi-million dollar production deals on every streaming platform. 

Shit joke. 

Which was then seized upon by the #sussexsquad mafia and I briefly became public enemy number 1 for a shite throwaway comment. Lesson learned. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sounds like you're both far-right nazi's to me! Figureheads of the movement!

Bye!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I’ve got a picture of a couple of guys in their pants here... thinking of running it with the slogan
    ”They’ve got their Right Wings... have you?”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Sounds like you're both far-right nazi's to me! Figureheads of the movement!

I basically killed Diana according to them. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • Now hold up; let's not start throwing accolades around just yet!

Bye!

• Kind of a lame post by Fender admittedly, however, It seems that some people are just looking for the next thing to be outraged and offended by. 

It’s getting pretty boring and imo it’s really quite dangerous to free speech and especially comedy. 

Go back and watch the intro skit to Ricky Gervais’ Politics. Should he come out with a grovelling apology like Keith Lemon to Tricia Goddard or are we allowed to accept irony as a form of comedy knowing that Ricky Gervais isn’t actually racist?!

Also, why is it that some things are ok to joke about culturally but others are off limits. Eg, Ant and Dec are constantly making jokes mocking Australians every year for I’m a celeb. Is that not racist? Is it ok to laugh at people as long as they are not people of colour, but still based on their culture and ethnicity? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    edited February 2021
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    Why is this still in guitars?

Can't it be moved out of the way into Politics and Economics?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    As a racist, I feel I've become a victim of prejudice and bigotry. Where's the tolerance all you elite metropolitan  liberals spout on about?
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Yeah right, fuck off clean shirt!
    Nice.
  • thegummy said:
    Nice.
    :lol:

Are you really going to be offended by a bloody Peep Show quote?!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    edited February 2021
    thegummy said:
    Nice.
    lol

Are you really going to be offended by a bloody Peep Show quote?!
    Personally I think it’s a bit shitty that he only quoted that part of your response Drew...

makes you look like you were being insulting when in fact you were being quite funny...

just goes to show that context is everything!!!!

I for one am quite outraged!
  • poo said:

I for am outrage!
    Par for the course round here.

(teee heeee teeeeee heeeeeee)

Bye!

• westfordwestford Frets: 580
    westford said:

It’s just banter, right? 

In isolation, yeah. But when you are getting messages like that from all over, all the time, it builds and it builds and you end up with a bunch of men who think women only exist for their gratification and a bunch of women who think that’s all they’re worth.

It is tiresome.

No.

What is tiresome is that for some fucked up reason the silly billies like you are the ones we are all supposed to be listening to.

I'm not taking moral guidance or social commentary from cardigan wearers and Christmas jumper enthusiasts in the middle of July. Bollocks to that.

I’ve got 20+ years experience of using the internet while female. It is tiresome. But you do you.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • poopot said:
    Showed this thread to the mrs...

the only thing she really said was that she’d “bang the shit out of the two boys in the second post”

”ruin them” was another phrase she used.
    I haven't showed this thread to my wife. I don't want to expose her to dangerous male feminists who are ticking time bombs!
    Or the kind of self aware men she'd leave you for :)
  • poopot said:
    Showed this thread to the mrs...

the only thing she really said was that she’d “bang the shit out of the two boys in the second post”

”ruin them” was another phrase she used.
    I haven't showed this thread to my wife. I don't want to expose her to dangerous male feminists who are ticking time bombs!
    Or the kind of self aware men she'd leave you for :)
    Whatever you say Suttcliffe!

Bye!

• westford said:
    westford said:

It’s just banter, right? 

In isolation, yeah. But when you are getting messages like that from all over, all the time, it builds and it builds and you end up with a bunch of men who think women only exist for their gratification and a bunch of women who think that’s all they’re worth.

It is tiresome.

No.

What is tiresome is that for some fucked up reason the silly billies like you are the ones we are all supposed to be listening to.

I'm not taking moral guidance or social commentary from cardigan wearers and Christmas jumper enthusiasts in the middle of July. Bollocks to that.

I’ve got 20+ years experience of using the internet while female. It is tiresome. But you do you.

Enjoy your jumper!

Bye!

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2801
    Philly_Q said:
    This is one of those threads where people amaze me with their persistence in typing out lengthy back-and-forth arguments despite there being not a chance in hell of changing anyone else's opinion.  Oh well, on you go.
    It's a problem and I feel sad about it.  There's not much attempt to sincerely try to step over to another's point of view and try to understand it even if you disagree - but not merely point of view, someone's lived experience.   
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2801

westford said:
    westford said:

It’s just banter, right? 

It is tiresome.

No.

Enjoy your jumper!
    See my comment above.  We ought to be doing what we can to encourage a bit more diversity on the forum not alienating people/groups of people.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreeze said:

westford said:
    westford said:

It’s just banter, right? 

It is tiresome.

No.

Enjoy your jumper!
    See my comment above.  We ought to be doing what we can to encourage a bit more diversity on the forum not alienating people/groups of people.
    Sorry, I just find the whole thing laughable. Extrapolating huge conspiracy theories about patriarchy and oppression from a silly Instagram post that means nothing, is just the height of flat earther-dom. If a fat dude was doing this about some H&M advert, you'd be treating the entire thing with derision and ridicule.

I'm not going to take it seriously. I'm not going to kowtow to other people's viewpoints at the expense of my own. I am not going to prostrate myself and grovel. I'm not going to put an individuals lived experience above logic and reason. I'm not going to bully them about their lived experiences, and I might even sympathize on a case-by-case basis. But I'm not just going to reject my own faculties for the ideological dogma you're suggesting.

I don't care about representational diversity. The door is open. Anyone can register here and rumble with the rest of us. There are no barriers, unless you happen to be a bedroom trader who hasn't announced themselves! This forum is pretty cool in it's ability to have diversity of thought, and I think that is far more important than diversity across the lines of immutable characteristics.

And I wont apologize for my viewpoint either. I've not said anything here to alienate anyone, other than make a few silly jokes at how uppity everyone is about this issue.

Bye!