Danish Pete's Non Standard Silver Sky

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14234
    tFB Trader
    NelsonP said:
    Why isn't the Danish Pete Les Paul purple?

And when do we get Danish Pete bacon, in purple?
    Lurpak White
    Carlsberg Brown 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    Philly_Q said:
    I think Danish Pete's best quality is his liking of all things purple.
    Nothing wrong with purple, I've got something coming that'll have a purple top and headstock

You obviously play Gogol Bordellos "keep wearing purple" a lot .
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    He moved to Malta pre-Covid so physically not in the country.
    He is still posting though on YT...

I try to be nice on forums (and in general), but there is something about the egoistical, self-promotion of Chappers and Mary Spender that drive me absolutely nuts...

Anyone, that's one for me to process and overcome...

Apologies for the detour :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6132
    tFB Trader
    joeyowen said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    skinfreak said:
    Reading the comments on the thread, not sure. I would have thought it was Paul but remember that John Mayer is a colour Nazi when it comes to the silver sky. Could be it was the PRS himself.
    it was JM. 100%
    that sounds like insider info! 

it is indeed, he was bloody stoked and rightfully so too. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3965
    I seem to recall that his wife bought him the purple Tele...
    imagine she had just got him sunburst.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881

I try to be nice on forums (and in general), but there is something about the egoistical, self-promotion of Chappers and Mary Spender that drive me absolutely nuts...

For real. I never minded Chappers so much, but cant say I actively seek his stuff out anymore. 

But Spender, shes always pissed me off for some reason, the same as Sophie fake face something who does the rounds on instagram, and a fella who basically does the same thing, plays widdly shit and makes faces. I’ve tried really hard not to be irritated by it.. 

The final straw for me was a video titled ‘Is my accent even real?’ 

At that point I died.

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1405
    edited April 2021
    Yes, can't stand Mary Spender either though I no longer see her videos having used the "do not recommend channel" option some time ago. Along with Justin, Marty, Rhett Shill, Rick Beato and Andertons among many others. There's only so much time in the world and I have no intention of wasting it on mindless dross like that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3546
    I don't understand the obsession with purple. 

But then I quite like sunburst, red and black.
    Who doesn't like a big, purple thing, eh?

Er....um.....ah...
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    Rhett Shill
    Ha ha. Freudian slip?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    ThorpyFX said:
    joeyowen said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    skinfreak said:
    Reading the comments on the thread, not sure. I would have thought it was Paul but remember that John Mayer is a colour Nazi when it comes to the silver sky. Could be it was the PRS himself.
    it was JM. 100%

that's amazing.  So he uses the Jam Tracks too!
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3546
    skinfreak said:
    I saw this and while I thought "awww....there's nice to see more Top Gear Guitar love", I really wondered if Mr Mayer really really gave his blessing for Danish Pete's Purple Rain coloured PRS Silver Sky

Damn it. Just make it a standard colour already.
    Before I click...are they going to charge me to watch it? Clickbait to pay for his new PRS?  :/
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    ThorpyFX said:
    joeyowen said:
    ThorpyFX said:
    skinfreak said:
    it was JM. 100%

That's so cool. I assumed it was "just" PRS, but then thought it odd that they would be a bit coy about it all. Also makes sense given Pete's reaction!
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
  • jhumberjhumber Frets: 238
    edited April 2021
    I thought it was JM when I first saw the clip. I’m assuming a “Captain meets Mayer” is on the cards when JM is next touring the UK. It’s one of those things I’d like to see purely for knowing how much Lee Anderton would be made up. He’s a pretty good interviewer too, so it would be a fun watch.

A TPS-meets-Mayer would also be neat. Partly for similar reasons given Mick’s fan-levels of Mayer, but also for them to get the low-down on his rig. (Just what *is* that black Klon on his board, and other burning guitar-nerd questions....)
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11875

Yeah I know but he physically isn’t in the country to do Andertons videos. That’s what I meant.
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1405
    NelsonP said:
    Rhett Shill
    Ha ha. Freudian slip?
    No, just a cheap joke. He was one of the first that I used the "do not recommend" option for. I'm not even sure if he is interesting or not, I just got sick of seeing his face and clickbaity video titles on my Youtube feed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    Yes, can't stand Mary Spender either though I no longer see her videos having used the "do not recommend channel" option some time ago. Along with Justin, Marty, Rhett Shill, Rick Beato and Andertons among many others. There's only so much time in the world and I have no intention of wasting it on mindless dross like that.
    She needs a light-hearted gimmick to soften her persona, so just as Slash named himself after a guitar chord, she could rebrand herself Mary "Sus" Spender.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PonchoGregPonchoGreg Frets: 764
    jhumber said:
    I thought it was JM when I first saw the clip. I’m assuming a “Captain meets Mayer” is on the cards when JM is next touring the UK. It’s one of those things I’d like to see purely for knowing how much Lee Anderton would be made up. He’s a pretty good interviewer too, so it would be a fun watch.

A TPS-meets-Mayer would also be neat. Partly for similar reasons given Mick’s fan-levels of Mayer, but also for them to get the low-down on his rig. (Just what *is* that black Klon on his board, and other burning guitar-nerd questions....)

I'm in two minds about a "Mayer meets TPS" vid... On the one hand he's such a massive geek (and in my opinion eminently more likable) when he talks specifically about guitar/gear that it could be super watchable.

On the other hand the level of fawning from Mick and Dan would be so over the top that it could ruin the whole thing (especially with someone as happy to talk about himself as JM can be). I found the episode with Mark Lettieri hard work for that reason, despite the fact that you couldn't think of a more self-effacing bloke than Letierri.
    Click here to see me butchering some classic solos!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2394

I'm in two minds about a "Mayer meets TPS" vid... On the one hand he's such a massive geek (and in my opinion eminently more likable) when he talks specifically about guitar/gear that it could be super watchable.

On the other hand the level of fawning from Mick and Dan would be so over the top that it could ruin the whole thing (especially with someone as happy to talk about himself as JM can be). I found the episode with Mark Lettieri hard work for that reason, despite the fact that you couldn't think of a more self-effacing bloke than Letierri.
    Ditto the TPS episode with Devin Townsend. Dan was so effusive it was actually getting in the way of the questions. I love Devin, and I enjoy TPS, but they are gear nerds before they're interviewers.
    Tim
  • I associate purple guitars with another JM..... J Mascis. He likes his purple Jazzmasters and Teles
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537

I’m glad I’m not alone in Mary Spender, I usually ignore people / things I don’t like, but she makes me really angry for some reason, so cheesy and shameless in her self promotion - “oh look I’m a girl and dare to ask John Mayer a question at NAMM”, who cares! And the latest, “I composed a song with John Mayer” no you didn’t you took a clip of his and turned it into a cheese-fest of embarrassing proportions.

Help me, I want to get off.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom