Danish Pete's Non Standard Silver Sky

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17636
    tFB Trader
    AlexC said:
    AlexC said:
    Dare I ask who Danish Pete is? Is he from a band?
    That bit you can't fault: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/peterhonore

Spent most of the noughties on many a big stage.

Thanks. Obviously a big session musician - but Westlife, Atomic Kitten and Girls Aloud... Phew! No wonder he hadn't been on my radar.

I tend to respect those type of musicians more when looking at gear recommendations because they are expected to get on and do anything that might reasonably be asked of them very quickly and with minimal pampering.

You aren't going to get away with one of those stupid Josh Klinghoffer boards that requires someone with a full time job of keeping it working.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    @monquixote Sure. I wasn't being ironic when I sad 'a big session guy'. I have a lot of respect for that type of player. Something I try to do myself - rather than stick to one sound or 'style.' (Although in my case I'm sure it's more of a 'Jack of all trades, master of none' scenerio).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited April 2021
    AlexC said:
    AlexC said:

Thanks. Obviously a big session musician - but Westlife, Atomic Kitten and Girls Aloud... Phew! No wonder he hadn't been on my radar.

I tend to respect those type of musicians more when looking at gear recommendations because they are expected to get on and do anything that might reasonably be asked of them very quickly and with minimal pampering.

You aren't going to get away with one of those stupid Josh Klinghoffer boards that requires someone with a full time job of keeping it working.

I just prefer the sounds that JK makes. 

I don't watch much of this kind of stuff though. I don't know anything about DP either apart from hearing his name mentioned on here. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexC said:
    AlexC said:

That's got to be a better view than the one I get when I'm gigging ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4185
    Freebird said:
    Why don't people talk about Chappers anymore? Has Danish Pete stolen his limelight?
    He will never steal chappers limelight , Chappers zany personality rubbed off on the captain. Making for a barrel full of laughs with each episode  bring back Richie sambuca  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    AlexC said:
    AlexC said:

All the wisdoms.

A lot of these shows are a bit more varied than the average blues noodle or metal band's shows.  One song will be acoustic, then distorted electric, then flamenco, then a five minute solo for a costume change...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1414
    I don't think there's any contradiction between respecting someone's track record as a successful session musician and not giving even half a shit about a purple coloured guitar that they are shamelessly promoting.
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    I don't think there's any contradiction between respecting someone's track record as a successful session musician and not giving even half a shit about a purple coloured guitar that they are shamelessly promoting.
    Not really shamelessly promoting a one off guitar that's not available to buy though, is it?
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1414
    PC_Dave said:
    Not really shamelessly promoting a one off guitar that's not available to buy though, is it?
    Is the guitar not available from Anderton's in other colours? Is the video (which I admit I haven't watched) some kind of public service or an advert for a shop?
  • PC_Dave said:
    Is the guitar not available from Anderton's in other colours? Is the video (which I admit I haven't watched) some kind of public service or an advert for a shop?

I think the Andertons channel has become something more than simply an advert - these are now guitar heroes in their own right (whether we agree or not).

The video came across as a fun, genuine bit. Yes, it promotes the store by virtue of being an Andertons video, but these guitars don't need promoting (try getting one!) so I think it was just a video to show it off a bit.

Can't blame them. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I’d be amazed if there isn’t a ltd edition purple Anderson’s exclusive Silver Sky down the line. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22941
    dindude said:
    I’d be amazed if there isn’t a ltd edition purple Anderson’s exclusive Silver Sky down the line. 
    If it came with a rosewood board option I might consider it (I normally prefer maple boards, but I don't like the way PRS do them).
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    edited April 2021
    AlexC said:
    AlexC said:

That's got to be a better view than the one I get when I'm gigging
    Didnt realise girls aloud or atomic kitten even had so much as a lick between them.

But yeah I wouldnt turn down a stage with them lol
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • skunkwerx said:
    AlexC said:
    AlexC said:

That's got to be a better view than the one I get when I'm gigging
    Didnt realise girls aloud or atomic kitten even had so much as a lick between them.
    Fnarrr!

But seriously...

• skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 200
    Look at all that Slomo... it’s like Zack Snyder’s Justice League.

But seriously, I forgot how bad that song was.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    skinfreak said:
    Look at all that Slomo... it’s like Zack Snyder’s Justice League.

But seriously, I forgot how bad that song was.

Sound of the Underground?  Bad?  It's a superb pop song.

Opinions are what they are I guess!

I always thought this one had a great riff...

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    AlexC said:
    AlexC said:

Aye. He's massively talented but not what I'd associate with guitar wise. 
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    Ignoring all of the commercial stuff, it came across as a lovely human moment, which to me at least in these times is much needed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    normula1 said:
    Ignoring all of the commercial stuff, it came across as a lovely human moment, which to me at least in these times is much needed.
    And now you’ve pointed that out, me too, have a wisdom !
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    skunkwerx said:
    fella who basically does the same thing, plays widdly shit and makes faces
    Yeah. Because that really narrows it down.