Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• FezFez Frets: 528
    Against the odd - singers had the shitz this week we are playing the Block and Gasket in Burgess Hill tonight. If we survive that the Swan in Crawley on Saturday.
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The Surgeonaires are back at the Duke of York pub Hanwell W7 3SP tonight (25th November). On stage around 10.00 pm for a full 90+ minute set. We are having so much fun. 

• We're playing at the Novar in Kirkcaldy tonight.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4726
    edited November 2023
    Gigged at the Butchers Arms last night playing with the Alan Linfoot band.  Including Jumpimg Jack Flash as an encore, played 31 songs over two x 1hr hour sets.  Hard work with all the gear schlapping, set up & packing away, but its always a nice atmosphere there and was an enjoyable gig with some great feedback from the audience; and Alan said I had lots of compliments made on my playing which is always nice to hear.  Playing there again on Saturday 15th December, which is our last gig for the year. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    AGENT UTAH rocks the Horse & Groom in Derby tonight. Come on down local fretboard fwends!
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Me again!
    Our annual big Xmas show tonight for Agent Utah at Dubrek in Derby. Last gig of the year for us. Playing the home made crimson build axe. 
  • Garold86Garold86 Frets: 123
    The Passengers are at The Godstone Club in Godstone tonight. 8.30pm start. Should be a good laugh.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0HhCKatv3R/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1280
    Gun Money at Rowells Drinking Emporium in Long Eaton nr Nottingham tonight from 8pm. Celebrating their 2nd anniversary of opening. 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3663
    Starbelly are playing at Prince Billy's in Bolton tonight.  First time at this venue so not sure what to expect (or where to park).  Last Saturday before Christmas so would hope for a good, lively, crowd.
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 527
    We’re at the Red Cow in Slough tonight (Sat 23rd). 2 sets of originals - free entry! Would be great to see a fretboarder or 2. 
    Musicwolf said:
    Starbelly are playing at Prince Billy's in Bolton tonight.  First time at this venue so not sure what to expect (or where to park).  Last Saturday before Christmas so would hope for a good, lively, crowd.
    Gig pulled at the last minute due to roof leak above the stage area :'(

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Congratulations to all who have survived yet another festive season with the band line-up intact. Audiences are a bit mad  during a CoL crisis and after Covid. Some of the old hunting grounds haven’t survived and some gigs have been happening in unlikely venues but we’ll take what we’re given.

All the best for whatever way future cookies crumble.

Last one tonight - a little de-mob happy.
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1447
    Musicwolf said:
    Musicwolf said:

Out of interest, did you still get paid?
    nero1701 said:
    Musicwolf said:
    Musicwolf said:

No, we didn't.

We were promised a couple of gigs in the NY as compensation (which is fine by me as I don't do it for the money) but, when I messaged back after Christmas with some free dates, I got no response which makes me think that the leak story was just an excuse and that they thought that they could fill the pub without a band.

• nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1447
    Musicwolf said:
    nero1701 said:
    Musicwolf said:
    Musicwolf said:

No, we didn't.

We were promised a couple of gigs in the NY as compensation (which is fine by me as I don't do it for the money) but, when I messaged back after Christmas with some free dates, I got no response which makes me think that the leak story was just an excuse and that they thought that they could fill the pub without a band.

Yeah, looks on their faceache page that they had a DJ on last night, possibly didn't want to pay for 2 acts
    edited January 6
    The Gerry Farrow Band are playing at The Cask Bah in Loughborough tonight from 8:30pm. Great little micro pub that supports live music now under new ownership. 

If we want to continue playing and hearing live music in small venues we need to get out and support these places when we can. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    With Gun Money at The Boathouse in Shardlow near Derby tonight from 8:30ish.
  • dhaywood67dhaywood67 Frets: 112
    Rowby1 said:
    Sat at the back looking forward to the show!!
    edited January 20
    Rowby1 said:
    Sat at the back looking forward to the show!!
    Oh wow! Really!! I’ve only just seen this! 

Do I know you? Did you come say hello? Did you enjoy the gig??

If I’d seen your message I’d have come and found you to say hello.
    With The Gerry Farrow Band at the White Hart in Loughborough tonight.