Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• dhaywood67dhaywood67 Frets: 112
    edited January 22
    Rowby1 said:
    Rowby1 said:
    With Gun Money at The Boathouse in Shardlow near Derby tonight from 8:30ish.
    Sat at the back looking forward to the show!!
    Oh wow! Really!! I’ve only just seen this! 

Do I know you? Did you come say hello? Did you enjoy the gig??

If I’d seen your message I’d have come and found you to say hello.
    Even at 56 I still find it awkward saying hello to new people, even with a common interest lol.

Yes, really enjoyed it thanks. Good to hear something other than the usual rock covers and even more so with a cracking singer and harmonies. If I get chance to come again I'll definitely say hello.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 528
    Borrowed Time are on the bill at the HotDog Rockers charity gig tomorrow afternoon at 4.30pm. It was great last year so looking forward to it.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1280
    The Gerry Farrow Band are playing a 40 min set at The White Hart Inn in Quorn nr Leicester this afternoon from 4pm. It’s a charity bash.
    New venue with Gun Money tonight. The Manor in Toton nr Nottingham from 8:45pm. 
  • Tonight FALL3N HALO are playing at the Ashton Jubilee Club, Ashton in Makerfield..  Tomorrow we are at the Royal Oak in Blackpool
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2289
    edited February 2
    Standing in on bass with Dire Streets tonight at Swindon Arts Centre - still a few tickets available here.
    The Gerry Farrow Band at The White Hart in Melton Mowbray this afternoon from 4pm. 
  • BenSirAmosBenSirAmos Frets: 412
    You won't believe what they look like now

The Surgeonaires are performing live at the Duke of York Hanwell W7 3SP tonight (9th February) from 9PM - more than 2 hours of original material. We are having such a good time.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FALL3N HALO bashing out classic rock tunes at The Bridge in Padiham tomorrow night.. (Saturday 10th Feb)
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

The Pharmacie Arms in Syston nr Leicester tonight with The Gerry Farrow Band. Micro pub in a former pharmacy, very cool venue and great beer if you’re into that! 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2289
    On rhythm guitar with Dire Streets tonight at the Artrix Arts Centre, Bromsgrove. I would encourage people to get tickets but it’s sold out. Which is nice.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    Keefy said:
    On rhythm guitar with Dire Streets tonight at the Artrix Arts Centre, Bromsgrove. I would encourage people to get tickets but it’s sold out. Which is nice.
    Good to see the Artrix back up and running as it had been previously closed down due to financial problems and was used as a COVID vaccination centre (where I got one of mine). Great little place, I really should go to stuff there. 
    I can’t remember where I heard it but apparently Jack Dee’s favourite venue, he would include it on tours and be playing places ten times the size other nights. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1597
    The Airstreams are playing The Royal Oak Tunbridge Wells tonight. Headlining a 3 band lineup. Should be fun. 
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    Got 2 gigs this week at MacArts in Galashiels (Thursday) and DreadnoughtRock in Bathgate (Friday) with my band The Mighty Joes. 

We're supporting the ridiculously good Blue Deal, who are a German blues rock band. They won the German blues challenge this year and made it to the semi's in the International blues challenge in Memphis. Super tight band!
  • Ooh, errr! 

My ex-bandmates from 2022 (Kirky & The Sunflowers) are playing Chaplins (Bournemouth), the local (and great) original music venue, tonight. My own band (Lonely Trees) is returning there in 4 weeks time. I've agreed to open for them, as a solo act.

I'm playing my first ever gig as a  solo performer. I'll be "A Lonely Tree". All I've done before in public is play as part of a band or do short open mic sessions (3 songs max). Really looking forward to it. I'm playing acoustic arrangements of original songs that we do in the band.

It's partly as promo for our next appearance in March. But it's also because I truly believe that original bands playing locally are part of a scene, not competitors, and we should all be supporting each other to generate a buzz and get people interested in what we do. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8732
    … I truly believe that original bands playing locally are part of a scene, not competitors, and we should all be supporting each other to generate a buzz and get people interested in what we do. 
    Worth repeating … so I repeated it
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Roland said:
    … I truly believe that original bands playing locally are part of a scene, not competitors, and we should all be supporting each other to generate a buzz and get people interested in what we do. 
    Thank you. If only more people realised how sensible that approach actually is.

The gig was a blast! Good response and great fun to do. No footage (doh!). The venue has asked me back. 
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3594
    If anyone around Ipswich is of a mind Sunday afternoon. There is a proper old school jam at the kingfisher between 2-6pm. Back line provided and enough talent to make even me sound capable, so come along and enjoy the entertainment or better still get up and join in.
  • Roland said:
    Thank you. If only more people realised how sensible that approach actually is.

The gig was a blast! Good response and great fun to do. No footage (doh!). The venue has asked me back. 
    I wouldn’t say there is competition between original bands and cover bands as they draw different crowds…to a degree. But what can happen is at a local level, cover bands may get priority over a venue as often they can pull a bigger crowd.

‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    edited February 17
    Playing a new venue tonight with Gun Money. The White Hart in Ashby de la Zouch, Leics. We’re on at 9:30pm.