Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Trent Guitars

What's Hot

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3331
    It looks like I could just go with TOM, would match the 12" radius of my fretboards, unsure of how they interact with the vibrato - I guess the KC jag uses one, and the j mascis? 
    If you go TOM you can add a Duesenberg Les trem?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22949
    grungebob said:
    It looks like I could just go with TOM, would match the 12" radius of my fretboards, unsure of how they interact with the vibrato - I guess the KC jag uses one, and the j mascis? 
    I think it might look too hefty on this rather elegant Trent body shape.
  • TrentGuitarsTrentGuitars Frets: 1731
    tFB Trader
    grungebob said:
    For sure, to be honest I can modify the body to take nearly any kind of option for people like you guys who really want something a little different. The body is thick enough to take a strat trem and there's space to put nearly all types of hardware or pickup on it. Always happy to be flexible!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great job on the headstock.
    tFB Trader
    Great job on the headstock.
    Thanks! Honestly one of the things that I racked my brain on for the longest. I wouldnt say its particularly original but I feel like it's the right measure of familiar but not a straight clone.
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3045
    What's TOM?
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 832
    Tune-O-Matic
    tFB Trader
    What's TOM?
    Hey Robin, it stands for 'Tune o matic' which is the Gibson style bridge,

On the KC jag and a few other models Fender have used this style (although they call it an adjust-o-matic) infront of the vibrato unit. Usually youd see a mustang or jaguar/jazzmaster style bridge. THe main reason I'd use a TOM is that the 12" radius thats unadjustable (aside from filing the slots) will match my board.

https://www.fmicassets.com/Damroot/ZoomJpg/10001/0143001700_gtr_frtbdydtl_001_nr.jpg
  • jiiimjiiim Frets: 30
    Love the look of these! I'm always on the look out for offset guitars as the ergonomics just suit me so well. Having the bridge so close to the bottom knee cut is just way more comfortable for me seated and standing... so much so that I just can't go back to my Strat.

Things I'd love to see... A junior style version with a single p90 or tele pickup, and also a strat pickup configuration too. Heck even a P90-S-S!

• rprrpr Frets: 310
    jiiim said

Things I'd love to see... A junior style version with a single p90 or tele pickup, and also a strat pickup configuration too. Heck even a P90-S-S!

It does seem  to lend itself to various configarations, ,,double lipstick humbuckers, pastel/candy colour and trem would be nice. Actually a short scale bass would be cool as well 
    tFB Trader
    jiiim said:
    Love the look of these! I'm always on the look out for offset guitars as the ergonomics just suit me so well. Having the bridge so close to the bottom knee cut is just way more comfortable for me seated and standing... so much so that I just can't go back to my Strat.

Thank you so much! I definitely could quite simply make it in a junior and a triple pickup would be so much fun, the new p90 noventa jazzmaster with the triple definitely got me looking!
  • Great job on the headstock.
    Thanks! Honestly one of the things that I racked my brain on for the longest. I wouldnt say its particularly original but I feel like it's the right measure of familiar but not a straight clone.
    I mean, you can't beat the Fender headstock on a Fender style but presumably you can't copy it? Most builders really cock up the headstocks :lol: 
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4541
    Very cool.  Different enough to be different, but familiar enough to be familiar.  Use of an Electrosocket instead of something inferior is a nice touch.  And the headstock is the hardest bit to get right, but it works brilliantly.  In fact the only thing I don't like about the headstock is the lack of a truss rod adjuster.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    The version I'd love to see would be with Firebird pickups and a Strat tremolo. Maybe with a red to black burst body and black pickguard
    tFB Trader
    Loving the enthusiasm for all the different versions! I would love to be able to mock these up for you but given I'm not a factory I'll have to wait til somebody orders a funky combo ;-)
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16725
    Would look good with some goldfoils too 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3222
    Loving the enthusiasm for all the different versions! I would love to be able to mock these up for you but given I'm not a factory I'll have to wait til somebody orders a funky combo ;-)
    Right, if we all order one, we can sort these colour/trem combinations. :)

These look great dude, not that I needed yet more gas! 
    tFB Trader
    Right, if we all order one, we can sort these colour/trem combinations. :)

These look great dude, not that I needed yet more gas! 
    Thank you so much!

Yes, everyone order and we can make some wild options!
  • greggreg66greggreg66 Frets: 503
    Lovely guitars - and furniture, just followed you on Insta. I'm a furniture maker too, only dabbled in guitar making, looking forward to making more when time allows! Your guitar has a nod to the Diego Vila guitars too, which I love. Really nice job! Hope it goes well 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    Much win, Elliott!
    Great offset shape, nice colours, and a not-ridiculous-yet-new headstock.
    I really like the headstock colour swatch image on your site, that's a great marketing pic. I'd like to see pics of the guitars in those colours too, or some sort of mock-up when you select your options, but that can come in time.
    Good luck from a fellow (former) cabinet maker and (occasional) guitar builder.