Slash Epiphone Les Paul's Coming

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    TTBZ said:
    I wish Marshall would re release an SL5 or similar affordable amp 
    I always wanted one of them, I don't really like combos but would make an exception for that! I know it's not the same but the Studio/Mini Jubilee would get you there still. The first Slash signature was basically just a rebadged original Jubilee anyway.

The AFD100 is incredible on the AFD mode, such a great sounding amp. I don't do much signature stuff but again I'd make an exception for that.

At one point I owned both and both are great, I had to make a decision on which to keep, sold the SL5 because it had taken a while to find an AFD at a decent price. 

As a side note I bought it from here and the seller @mendel was the nicest guy in the world and we met up to watch GnR play London a few years later. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7035
    tFB Trader
    All I the only one who when reading the title to this discussion sings it in my head to the tune of Ohio?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4180
    Bezzer said:
    Waaaaay more interested in the Alex Lifeson model … same price but splitable pickups, a floyd rose with ghost saddles / piezo, two outputs for split signal (although think I’d have preferred a stereo jack) if desired.

seems a lot more bang for your buck. 
    Yes but it’s not Slash 
    That is really awesome 
    Rabs said:
    I have an SL5.. Its awesome, absolutely love it.  And the darkburst LP Classic (my little Slash tribute )....They do the job well.

https://i.imgur.com/BLIHaWX.jpg

• ColsCols Frets: 7013
    Bezzer said:
    Waaaaay more interested in the Alex Lifeson model … same price but splitable pickups, a floyd rose with ghost saddles / piezo, two outputs for split signal (although think I’d have preferred a stereo jack) if desired.

Yes but it’s not Slash 
    Neither is a stock Epiphone with a Slashy squiggle on the truss rod cover ;)
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2498
    Don’t forget the skull on the back!
    Cols said:
    Bezzer said:

Yes but it’s not Slash 
    Neither is a stock Epiphone with a Slashy squiggle on the truss rod cover ;)
    It has his seal of approval lol 
  • Bit of a thought I had actually, it would be nice to see some other guitar shapes get the love Les Pauls do here. My 2 big gripes with an Epiphone SG now are:
    1. Neck profile, would be nice to have a chunkier one. Less common sure but still missing.
    2. The laminate. Because of the bevelled edges it looks totally naff, stands out like a bad toupee.

It would be nice to see something limited edition (let’s face it, probably an Angus signature for the height of creativity) that could justify going up the price bracket to have the 2 piece mahogany body and a different neck carve etc
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1857
    Bit of a thought I had actually, it would be nice to see some other guitar shapes get the love Les Pauls do here. My 2 big gripes with an Epiphone SG now are:
    1. Neck profile, would be nice to have a chunkier one. Less common sure but still missing.
    2. The laminate. Because of the bevelled edges it looks totally naff, stands out like a bad toupee.

It would be nice to see something limited edition (let’s face it, probably an Angus signature for the height of creativity) that could justify going up the price bracket to have the 2 piece mahogany body and a different neck carve etc
    Epiphone necks do tend to be a bit thin on a good few models,in my limited experience.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 489
    Bit of a thought I had actually, it would be nice to see some other guitar shapes get the love Les Pauls do here. My 2 big gripes with an Epiphone SG now are:

I concur with point 2.

I wrote to Epiphone a while after they came out with the Maestro SG and unfortunately they had no plans to produce one without the laminate.

• rlwrlw Frets: 4701
    Aha.  So it seems that the pickups fitted to the Slash models are different to those fitted to the Standards after all.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.