What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15506
    Just watched Paddington (the 1st one, I am somewhat behind the times) was good fun, I enjoyed it a lot.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10415
    The killing of a sacred deer : same guy that did the brilliant Lobster, loved it, fantastic film if you like the less commercial stuff as I do
    The Mountain between us : tired old cliched mountain survival movie with the usual predictable love romance ... a  poor mans "Alive"  but a pretty bad film on all accounts to be honest
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • "Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri ".

Crime/Drama based in rural US town. Grieving mother is fed up with the local sheriff dept. in regards to her daughter's murderer. 
    Strong performances from Frances McDormand, Sam Rockwell and Woody Harrelson.
    I liked it - tad on a long side. My other half though yawned throughout.

6.5/10
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Atomic Blonde, formula Spy cross n double cross in Berlin just as the wall came down, predictable but enjoyable, with great fight sequences, 80's soumd track and Charlise Theron is still worth a squirt!.....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Life .... a very basic life form from Mars is discovered and nurtured on the ISS ... then predictably it all gets a bit Alien ! 
    Not great although I liked the ending 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • The Man From Nowhere

Korean action film.  Ended up a bit more brutal than I expected but I thought it was great.  

Ip Man 3

More of the same, enjoyable action.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    Four Weddings And A Funeral on the TV the other night. MrsICBM spotted it had just started and said "let's watch this, Hugh Grant looks about 10!" Which he did...

We saw it when it came out and I seem to remember quite liking it... but other than the unfeasibly young-looking Mr. Grant and the still highly entertaining Simon Callow, it hasn't aged well at all. Was it really that funny twenty years ago, or has the world just changed so much that it now seems very dated and clichéd?

6/10

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9682
    The Greatest Showman - musical based on the life of P. T. Barnam. Very entertaining even if not particularly accurate. 7/10. 
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    The Hangover. Haven’t seen it in a long time. Still crude, stupid, offensive and childish. Loved it!  =)
  • Just watched Tokyo Gore Police. To call it 'over the top" would be like calling the universe "quite large". A work of demented genius.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The Mountain Between Us- big old load of pish don’t waste your time on it 
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited December 2017
    A new film that's just came out called Downsizing starring Matt Damon.
    I streamed it, but it's so new, the only copy I could find was one where someone filming it with a camera at the cinema/theater and...
    I've heard of it/wanted to see it for a while; I saw this trailer a little while back and anticipated its release.
    This is what made me want to see it last autumn.

I saw this twice, fell asleep the first time (3 am Christmas morning)... and then again on Boxing Day in the morning/afternoon.

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    "Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri ".

Crime/Drama based in rural US town. Grieving mother is fed up with the local sheriff dept. in regards to her daughter's murderer. 
    Strong performances from Frances McDormand, Sam Rockwell and Woody Harrelson.
    I liked it - tad on a long side. My other half though yawned throughout.

6.5/10
    Watched this a couple of nights ago and thought it was excellent. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    Watched Don't Breathe, quite intense and messes with your moral compass, At the moment I have a chest infection so very mucousy, a scene involving a turkey baster nearly made me cough and nearly vom. 8/10

Watched The Witch, low budget british movie from 2016 I think. Very effective and quite disturbing 7/10
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Just watched Tokyo Gore Police. To call it 'over the top" would be like calling the universe "quite large". A work of demented genius.
    Just from the title I think that demands a watching.  :)
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    The Hunters Prayer 

Heroin addict assassin saves girl from corporate gun toting monster.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Just went to see Jumanji with my daughters. We all loved it. It won't win any awards but it was a lot of fun. I was pissed off with the trailer though, it spoiled a funny moment. Why do they ruin films with trailers these days???
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    Just went to see Jumanji with my daughters. We all loved it. It won't win any awards but it was a lot of fun. I was pissed off with the trailer though, it spoiled a funny moment. Why do they ruin films with trailers these days???
    Don’t watch trailers. I stopped watching them for films I already know I want to see.

If I’m not sure I want to see a film I might watch the trailer but stop it soon as I’ve decided I’m interested
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    Daddy’s Home 2 & Ferdinand....Not in one sitting....Don’t judge me! 
    I did fall asleep during Ferdinand but it was ok for a kid’s film.. Daddy’s home 2 was shite with a few mild grins.... :s
    Wind river
    A dead girl is found out in the frozen open land of Wyoming on an Indian reservation sparking an investigation with local cop and FBI

Very well done film, really enjoyed it 

www.2020studios.co.uk