Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Making money on the side.

What's Hot

Comments

• RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    I did a bit of matched betting on Profit Accumulator, the free trial will earn you an easy £50 and you can decide if you like it. I earned a few hundred in a few weeks but I got offered overtime at work and that paid more so I stopped. I have thought about starting again since the overtime ran out!
    I did this fairly seriously for a few months a couple of years ago and made a couple of grand.  I'd start up again but I've lost track of where I've had accounts blocked.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7287
    Foolish me thinking you would want to buy a course on drop shipping. That's clearly a com to funnel self help whales into ever increasing payments to access more courses.

What I meant to say is do you want to buy some NFT s? I've got good one. So non-fungible.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1560
    The optimum (legal) income supplement for musicians and actors used to be market research.

At least it was before I settled into a career.

Easy work, especially when hungover. Of course everyone hates getting your call, but we used aliases to retain our dignity (Graham Green was a popular non de plume - total fiction).

And as a bonus you may get to meet some pretty fun people…
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Cheers all for the ideas. I've spent £32 on pizza so I'll look over everything properly when it arrives.. 
    I'm off to a bad start.. but they say you gotta spend money to make money.. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • viz said:
    skunkwerx said:
    I did come up with an idea called Dead on Time. 

I came up with the same idea, but I called it Late.
    Me too but mine was called Taxidermy Driver.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1302
    Bet on a 2-1 win for any given football team, they all win two-one at some point, right? 

Start at 50p and double your stake each time you lose, until you win.  You'll make back your losses and then some, just stick at it and keep on doubling!!  What could possibly go wrong?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4095
    Buy some vegetables.  Start your Only Fans channel. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    skunkwerx said:
    Cheers all for the ideas. I've spent £32 on pizza so I'll look over everything properly when it arrives.. 

Fuck me!! £32 for pizza?.

Start your own pizza company .
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    PhilW1 said:
    skunkwerx said:

To be fair I did order two, 4 dips a couple of cokes and some dough balls lol. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24803
    You need to become an influencer…
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    skunkwerx said:
    PhilW1 said:
    skunkwerx said:

To be fair I did order two, 4 dips a couple of cokes and some dough balls lol. 
     =) I’ve just spend £17 on three 10” pizzas for 3 adults and 3 kids. Admittedly we were just snacking but there was spare.

I’ve saved my money by never spending £32 on pizza, ever!

Not sure how often you’d spend that but it won’t be good for the wallet or waistline. Even if you can’t find a way to make extra cash - you might be able to make savings. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I wouldnt dismiss stocks and shares so quickly (or crypto).
    You could read some books and watch YouTube to grasp the basics and evolve from there 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2526
    edited September 2021
    If you're a bit of a wanker get yourself down the sperm bank 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've been matched betting for almost a year, also using the tools mentioned above. I'm over 6k tax free up, and I have very little interest in sport. I'm not selling it, that's how my story has gone though.
    The trial can easily make 400 to 500. It's quite time consuming at first, and it's a don't run before you can walk thing. I've made 42.75 since 9am and the events don't start until ten past two.
    I was massively sceptical at first but it's worked for me.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bungle1Bungle1 Frets: 133
    Foolish me thinking you would want to buy a course on drop shipping. That's clearly a com to funnel self help whales into ever increasing payments to access more courses.

What I meant to say is do you want to buy some NFT s? I've got good one. So non-fungible.
    Are you speaking from experience here? I've been aware of drop-shipping for a few years and always wondered whether it was a legitimate way of making some additional income. There are some courses on established platforms like Udemy where the reviews are public but clearly it can't be that lucrative considering everyone who does it also seems to sell a course to share their methods ;) .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Bungle1 said:
     I've been aware of drop-shipping for a few years and always wondered whether it was a legitimate way of making some additional income.
    It's not. The margins involved are miniscule these days. 

I get spending money on surveys and things.. I work at computer all day and am usually logged onto prolific... Throughout the day 3 - 10 minute surveys pop up and I do them.. usually less than £1 per survey but it nicely breaks up my day and I just transferred £150 from my account..  
    Not huge money, but enough for a little splurge here and there. 

• Bungle1Bungle1 Frets: 133
    Thanks for the info.
  • LuttiS said:
    Bungle1 said:
     I've been aware of drop-shipping for a few years and always wondered whether it was a legitimate way of making some additional income.
    It's not. The margins involved are miniscule these days. 

I get spending money on surveys and things.. I work at computer all day and am usually logged onto prolific... Throughout the day 3 - 10 minute surveys pop up and I do them.. usually less than £1 per survey but it nicely breaks up my day and I just transferred £150 from my account..  
    Not huge money, but enough for a little splurge here and there. 

It's also against t&C's and Amazon will shut you down when one of your competitors reports you.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 136
    edited September 2021
    I assume you play guitar so would it not be a stupid suggestion to say go out and do that ? You may have to work weekends though and you probably won’t get rich quick  
  • pumkin said:
    I assume you play guitar so would it not be a stupid suggestion to say go out and do that ? You may have to work weekends though and you probably won’t get rich quick  
    I’d only get paid to stop! Haha. 

But still, worth a shot ;p