Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Making money on the side.

What's Hot

Comments

• LuttiS said:

I get spending money on surveys and things.. I work at computer all day and am usually logged onto prolific... Throughout the day 3 - 10 minute surveys pop up and I do them.. usually less than £1 per survey but it nicely breaks up my day and I just transferred £150 from my account..  
    Not huge money, but enough for a little splurge here and there. 

Not a site I'd heard of before but I've had a look and, while it's not going to make anyone rich, there is some earning potential there.  Similar sites never seem to have studies/surveys that I'm eligible for but I've already done half a dozen and more seem to keep appearing.  I'm going to keep an eye on this one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    RedRabbit said:
    LuttiS said:

I get spending money on surveys and things.. I work at computer all day and am usually logged onto prolific... Throughout the day 3 - 10 minute surveys pop up and I do them.. usually less than £1 per survey but it nicely breaks up my day and I just transferred £150 from my account..  

Not a site I'd heard of before but I've had a look and, while it's not going to make anyone rich, there is some earning potential there.  Similar sites never seem to have studies/surveys that I'm eligible for but I've already done half a dozen and more seem to keep appearing.  I'm going to keep an eye on this one.

Trick is to not completly fill in your profile so it doesn't automatically rule you out of studies. You're right it's not going to make you rich, but if you work at a computer all day anyway chucking a few extra minutes here and there is nothing.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    edited September 2021
    I have started to do dep gigs for local cover bands and it suits me well for a bit of extra money. Most of them have the same or a very similar set so once you've learned it you're mostly all good, and being a dep guy means you avoid all the band politics and can just show up, set up and play for a few hours and get paid, for gigs that suit you.
  • Get yourself imprisoned. Pimp rings.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • skunkwerx said:
    I feel like I want to earn more money, as usual with minimum effort or outlay. 

I’m fine in my job, pay isnt great but its ok. Not wanting to uproot right now though. 

Any ideas? 

- I am pretty dumb. 

If you are dumb and good looking , you could become a contestant on Love Island .
    Free food and lodging , and you may even get some leg over with the equally dumb contestants .
    Even if you don't win the prize , I'm sure you'll get lots of cash from the media trying to sell your story . Just say "like " about 4000 times a day and practice shouting " I've got a text " loudly in public .
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GillyGilly Frets: 1123
    RedRabbit said:
    LuttiS said:

How long did it take to start getting studies? 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16680
    edited September 2021
    Gilly said:
    RedRabbit said:
    LuttiS said:

I tried yesterday.  My profile was suspended as soon as I did the driving license verification, which was rather annoying.   doesn't look like I will be taking part in their surveys, and I don't know why???

I wish they had forced me to do the verification steps before taking all my personal data
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    According to the tele box, you can sell old clothes on “vinted” to make extra cash…

just flogged all of the Mrs wardrobe… made a few quid… and as a bonus, she’s now moving out so I’ll get a reduction on the council tax!!!!! Sorted!
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • WezV said:
    Gilly said:
    RedRabbit said:
    LuttiS said:

I tried yesterday.  My profile was suspended as soon as I did the driving license verification, which was rather annoying.   doesn't look like I will be taking part in their surveys, and I don't know why???

I wish they had forced me to do the verification steps before taking all my personal data
    Exact same thing happened to me after spending 30mins on the profile....FFS
    Mine hasn’t been suspended but I haven’t received any surveys yet. Are we sure this isn’t just a scam to collect your data?
  • WezV said:
    Gilly said:
    RedRabbit said:
    LuttiS said:

I've just managed to sign up and do the verification and got some studies straight away. £3.10 up....not sure I'll retire anytime soon...but it all helps!
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    The optimum (legal) income supplement for musicians and actors used to be market research.

At least it was before I settled into a career.

Easy work, especially when hungover. Of course everyone hates getting your call, but we used aliases to retain our dignity (Graham Green was a popular non de plume - total fiction).

And as a bonus you may get to meet some pretty fun people…
    Funnily enough, we are recruiting at the moment.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7328
    Problem with matched betting is that it's over pretty quickly, or at least the majority of the easy pickings are gone quickly. Best thing to do is not spend the money and use it for your next venture, whether that's gambling or crypto or whatever.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Gilly said:
    RedRabbit said:
    LuttiS said:

Not long.. changes day to day, sometimes there's 4 or 5 available at once, whereas this morning I haven't had any. 
  • LuttiS said:
    Gilly said:
    RedRabbit said:
    LuttiS said:

Not long.. changes day to day, sometimes there's 4 or 5 available at once, whereas this morning I haven't had any. 
    Mine started coming up straight away.  Managed to do enough to earn £10 yesterday and did a couple of small 5 minute surveys this morning.  Assuming the surveys keep coming I recon £100+/month would be doable without too much effort.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5379
    I signed up to the Prolific thing, and started getting studies pretty much immediately, No problem with the verification either.

Going to just do the stupid quick ones most of the time, but so far it appears to work fairly well.
  • RedRabbit said:
    LuttiS said:
    Gilly said:
    RedRabbit said:
    LuttiS said:

Mine started coming up straight away.  Managed to do enough to earn £10 yesterday and did a couple of small 5 minute surveys this morning.  Assuming the surveys keep coming I recon £100+/month would be doable without too much effort.
    Don't know if things generally slow down over the weekend but I've only had a handful of studies to complete. 

Did one that took 90 minutes and was meant to pay ~£10.  It got rejected as they hid an "attention check" in a badly formatted list of multiple choice questions.  I thought I was answering the questions below the line but it would appear it should have been above.  Thought it was odd at the time but reread it several times and couldn't make sense of it.

Somewhat annoyed about it and have requested that if I'm not being paid that my responses be removed from the study but haven't heard back other than confirmation that they won't be paying.  Suspect there'll be a lot of rejected submissions on this one.  Think I'll only be doing the longer studies when they are backed by an institution going forward.  This one just had a name attached to it and I strongly suspect it's a scam to get cheap data.
    edited September 2021
    Prolific was a complete waste of time for me. I didn’t get a single study. Wife signed up and got studies straight away. She did about 5 studies then got a message saying she could not be a member after an account review. So I’m not happy about the amount of information they got out of us for free. Wouldn’t recommend at all.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7328
    I used to do survey sites but stopped because I'd get 10 minutes in to them and it would suddenly say I'm the wrong type of person.