edited December 2022
    Lack skills to post from imgur 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2332
    Re-jigged my rock'n'roll board. Again.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Keefy said:

Gotta love a Memory Toy. What’s the blue pedal?
    Keefy said:

Dazatronyx Optical Tremolo. I had it up for sale on here but then I plugged it in again and… well, you know how that one goes!
  • ScreamingDaveScreamingDave Frets: 566
    edited December 2022
    Keefy said:
    Keefy said:

Dazatronyx Optical Tremolo. I had it up for sale on here but then I plugged it in again and… well, you know how that one goes!
    Yup, I think I regret selling every bit of kit I ever sold, so recognising a keeper is a good skill. There are a couple of pedals I’ve re-bought after regretting selling them, namely a Small Clone and Proco Rat II
    Keefy said:
    Keefy said:

Yup, I think I regret selling every bit of kit I ever sold, so recognising a keeper is a good skill. There are a couple of pedals I’ve re-bought after regretting selling them, namely a Small Clone and Proco Rat II
    I was originally going to sell it because I preferred my old Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo (also optical), but comparing them again, the Dazatronyx edges it.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3412
    The merry go round continues....picked up the Julia v2 in Andertons sale for a great price...

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7613
    NelsonP said:
    The merry go round continues....picked up the Julia v2 in Andertons sale for a great price...

Nice. What amp are you going in to?
    Red ones are better. 
  • Greatape said:
    The Mooer stuff is great - well,some of it. I have and rotate in the Black Secret, Yellow comp, Reecho, Blues Mood, E-lady.

Mini fuzzes, though: what's good? 
    timbuk02 said:
    Airmiles said:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/in2aLVBz27FDjUtu8
    (And apologies in advance if that method doesn't work....)

SviSound Ge fuzz mini
    Mosaic 12-string emulator
    Mooer Yellow Comp
    Mooer Black Secret
    Tumnus
    Flashback ii mini 

One spot pro psu underneath 

Admittedly the BS does overlap with the fuzz somewhat... But otherwise it's more capable than I am....

All the band really wants us cleany-sparkly or edge - of breakup or dirt.... I could probably have got away with just the comp and black secret/tumnus...or even just the tumnus..... But where's the fun in that????

Of course I need the BS plus the Flashback for the full Gary Marx....but the rest of the guys worship at the altar of Hackett and Zappa so not much chance of doing that in public :D

I know this thread is about the 'board - but that looks also a brilliant amp/cab setup. Is the Barefaced the 10' and what do you think of it?
    Sorry I'd missed this - I was logged out for a while. it is indeed the 10, with a Gold. I'm really pleased with it - apart from the obvious size/weight, the dispersion they talk about really does work,and it has a surprising amount of low end (for a 10) 
    Where it shines for me is at both ends of the volume scale - its efficiency actually makes the Explorer and a Quilter superblock too loud for rehearsals,. But at the other end of the scale it stays articulate at very low volumes, where normally things sound "choked"
    TimmyO said:
    NelsonP said:

At the moment I'm running it into a DSL20CR with a Greenback instead of the stock speaker. The tuner and Rat are in front of the amp, everything else in the (switchable) loop, so I can use the preamp gain on channel 2 or the Rat.
  • NelsonP said:
    TimmyO said:
    NelsonP said:

At the moment I'm running it into a DSL20CR with a Greenback instead of the stock speaker. The tuner and Rat are in front of the amp, everything else in the (switchable) loop, so I can use the preamp gain on channel 2 or the Rat.
    Real “trainspotter” question here, but I notice you have toppers on the Rat and Polytune. Do they make a big difference? Thinking of putting them on my board of nanos
  • Keefy said:
    Keefy said:
    Keefy said:

I was originally going to sell it because I preferred my old Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo (also optical), but comparing them again, the Dazatronyx edges it.
    I was tempted to buy that from you. Every few weeks I a/b my Swamp Thang and my Mint Green Mini Vibe for trem duties and can never pick between them.
    Keefy said:
    Keefy said:
    Keefy said:

I was tempted to buy that from you. Every few weeks I a/b my Swamp Thang and my Mint Green Mini Vibe for trem duties and can never pick between them.
    Ha ha I feel your pain!
    NelsonP said:
    TimmyO said:
    NelsonP said:

Real “trainspotter” question here, but I notice you have toppers on the Rat and Polytune. Do they make a big difference? Thinking of putting them on my board of nanos
    Not massive but I play a lot at home, in socks and it makes switching a bit comfier.

You raise a good point though, I haven't put any on the TC BBD or Julia yet.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27402
    edited January 2023
    Update to add the ACV-1. 

I doubt I’ll keep both that and the Deco in there, as I think I’ll miss having a solo boost but we’ll see. If I really need I reckon I could squeeze a 1590A in somewhere, even if the audio chain stops being a simple R-L affair

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 261

Current nano+ board
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Th4fonz said:

Current nano+ board
    What’s the one on the right?

is there much/any overlap between the Dane and Duellist? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:
    Th4fonz said:

Current nano+ board
    What’s the one on the right?

is there much/any overlap between the Dane and Duellist? 
    That one on the right is a very desirable Dan Drive Austin Pride (I’m pretty sure!) 
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 261
    @TimmyO ;

ithats right as mentioned by @downbytheriver dan drive Austin pride 

as for the Dane and duellist they stack very nicely.  Just different flavours of od tbh bluesbreaker/ts/transparent od and boost.  The Dane is my fave of the two. 
    Th4fonz said:
    @TimmyO ;

ithats right as mentioned by @downbytheriver dan drive Austin pride 

as for the Dane and duellist they stack very nicely.  Just different flavours of od tbh bluesbreaker/ts/transparent od and boost.  The Dane is my fave of the two. 
    The Dane is so good - you can hardly call it unpopular/underrated because it's not but it surprises me that some of those other dual drive pedals get such gushing praise and you hear less about the utterly epic Dane. 

Not heard of the Austin Pride before - will check it out 
    Red ones are better.