Let's see your small/mini/nano pedalboards

What's Hot

Comments

• Loobs said:

The Flint/DE7, polytune and BoR stay no matter what I'm doing. I switch the chorus out for a compressor or fuzz depending on the gig/band. 
    I bet the flint and DE7 work together pretty well !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3054
    stickyfiddle said:
    Origin kit is really just fantastic - I can’t speak highly enough. I need to get one of their comps
    I have a Cali76 Compact Deluxe I'm not using if you're interested?

R.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2322
    Latest mini board iteration for rock'n'roll, plugging into my 5E3 clone. Both delays together does a fair imitation of reverb.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27225
    edited October 2022
    That BassRig looks pretty sweet. 

But for HOW MUCH???? you'd expect it to!!! 
    Haha yeah. The low pound helped me a great deal here. Saved a fortune compared to regular pricing. It's an amazing bit of kit though.

The other thing I did learn from Friday's rehearsal is that the shiny knobs on the compressor look and feel amazing but are so hilarious reflective they're completely useless when there are multiple light sources. I may need to swap them for something more legible :(
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3408
    edited October 2022
    The merry-go-round continues...

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My home board, now that I no longer have any bands. Not exactly "mini", given that it's on the Metro 20, but that's just because I haven't decided what colour I'm going to paint the Metro 16 yet:

I'll probably end up replacing the tuner with a Polytune Mini when I move them across. For now, this board is everything I need for my home noodling rig (it goes into a Blackstar HT-1's clean channel). Powered by my USB-C adapter and a Joyo ZGP. When running from the battery (which I'll probably never need to do), it'll actually go for about 3 days with everything switched on...

The Bogner Red always surprises me with how great and amp-like it sounds. Still haven't found anything that can beat it for turning a clean amp into a fire-breathing monster. I have the right half of the Heavy Water always-on at minimum boost, because it adds a bit of sparkle and zing to the Red - kinda makes it Soldano-esque to my ears.
    <space for hire>
  • A bit blurry, but this is what I'm experimenting with at the moment, to cover a range of sounds for a reggae/hip-hop artist I've started playing with.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6oiubrm1ignjkjw/20221026_095054.jpg?raw=1
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    edited November 2022
    I usually take a Klone to gigs, for obvious reasons, but this little setup covers everything I need in a band situation. 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2022
    I'll never post an image successfully on this site

(at the first attempt, anyway)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7556
    chrisv said:
    I usually take a Klone to gigs, for obvious reasons, but this little setup covers everything I need in a band situation. 

Now that's a fantastic smallboard right there 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    TimmyO said:
    chrisv said:

Does the business for me, anyway. Over the past few years I've found that the more I take away, the better I sound.

I often use tape echo/reverse delay and various plugins when recording, but this is all I need live. It also fits in the exterior pocket of my gigbag, which means I have the easiest of load-ins. 
    chrisv said:
    TimmyO said:
    chrisv said:

Does the business for me, anyway. Over the past few years I've found that the more I take away, the better I sound.

I often use tape echo/reverse delay and various plugins when recording, but this is all I need live. It also fits in the exterior pocket of my gigbag, which means I have the easiest of load-ins. 
    Similarly I hold the Nano to be the grail of setups, as it fits in a Mono Tick. I've had a host of Nano iterations over the years. 

Currently I've got too much shoehorned on mine - seeing this is inspiration to fix that. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyO said:
    Similarly I hold the Nano to be the grail of setups, as it fits in a Mono Tick. I've had a host of Nano iterations over the years. 

Currently I've got too much shoehorned on mine - seeing this is inspiration to fix that. 
    Same here, I used to drag around a big flightcase with 14+ pedals in, as it covered all bases, but I'm really enjoying the focus of selecting Nano boards on a project-by-project basis. And the ease of moving around with it!

Do you get worried about the weight of the board when in the Mono Tick? It's fairly light, but still a significant weight, wondering if it's likely to cause any lasting damage to the guitar neck etc...
  • Huge +1 to the utility of small focussed boards. I would struggle with a Nano for my old originals band but I reckon I could have just about made a Nano+ work, at least with an off-board VP Jr added. 

I'm loving having the tiny boards for my current band - separate ones for guitar & bass means I can do everything I need and throw it all over one shoulder (in a PT Jr case :) ) to take it to the car 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    TimmyO said:

Same here, I used to drag around a big flightcase with 14+ pedals in, as it covered all bases, but I'm really enjoying the focus of selecting Nano boards on a project-by-project basis. And the ease of moving around with it!

Do you get worried about the weight of the board when in the Mono Tick? It's fairly light, but still a significant weight, wondering if it's likely to cause any lasting damage to the guitar neck etc...
    I don't - the mono Vertigo has plenty of rigidity (imo) when it's done up. Obv when I unzip the bag with the Tick still attached/loaded that's a big flappy faff though! 
    Red ones are better. 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2322
    TimmyO said:
    TimmyO said:

I don't - the mono Vertigo has plenty of rigidity (imo) when it's done up. Obv when I unzip the bag with the Tick still attached/loaded that's a big flappy faff though! 
    Tim, you have won the Internet today with your Big Flappy Faff!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2022
    Huge +1 to the utility of small focussed boards. I would struggle with a Nano for my old originals band but I reckon I could have just about made a Nano+ work, at least with an off-board VP Jr added. 

I'm loving having the tiny boards for my current band - separate ones for guitar & bass means I can do everything I need and throw it all over one shoulder (in a PT Jr case ) to take it to the car 

Lug-ability is a thing for me now. I have to keep pretending to myself I will one day again play out of the house, and that being the assumption, my dodgy ticker etc means it has to be light and portable. 

I may do a little vid of my ridiculously portable guitar/board/amp all fitting in one carryable hand.... 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyO said:
    Huge +1 to the utility of small focussed boards. I would struggle with a Nano for my old originals band but I reckon I could have just about made a Nano+ work, at least with an off-board VP Jr added. 

I'm loving having the tiny boards for my current band - separate ones for guitar & bass means I can do everything I need and throw it all over one shoulder (in a PT Jr case :) ) to take it to the car 

Lug-ability is a thing for me now. I have to keep pretending to myself I will one day again play out of the house, and that being the assumption, my dodgy ticker etc means it has to be lightened portable. 

I may do a little vid of my ridiculously portable guitar/board/amp all fitting in one carryable hand.... 
    Please do! I've really enjoyed travelling with my Quilter Superblock + Toob speaker set-up too, love embracing the lightweight, for now at least.
  • Not mine, but this is the smallest board I've seen Bill Frisell use...

• 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom