Let's see your small/mini/nano pedalboards

What's Hot

Comments

• AirmilesAirmiles Frets: 42
    edited November 2022
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/in2aLVBz27FDjUtu8
    (And apologies in advance if that method doesn't work....)

SviSound Ge fuzz mini
    Mosaic 12-string emulator
    Mooer Yellow Comp
    Mooer Black Secret
    Tumnus
    Flashback ii mini 

One spot pro psu underneath 

Admittedly the BS does overlap with the fuzz somewhat... But otherwise it's more capable than I am....

All the band really wants us cleany-sparkly or edge - of breakup or dirt.... I could probably have got away with just the comp and black secret/tumnus...or even just the tumnus..... But where's the fun in that????

Of course I need the BS plus the Flashback for the full Gary Marx....but the rest of the guys worship at the altar of Hackett and Zappa so not much chance of doing that in public :D

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Here's my practice and gig rig, we do a lot of soundscapes and these little things give pedals 3 times  their price a run.

I have no need for any other effects.  
  • enjoenjo Frets: 280
    https://i.imgur.com/xVMbPHF.jpg
    I need a bigger plank to stick them on but otherwise I'm happy.
    Having sold off everything else this is the fewest pedals I have owned for 20 years.
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1890
    Today its this:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7613
    I find the whole small pedal board thing fascinating. Love me a Nano. But what I mean mostly is that it covers:

- physically small by sensible definition, but 9 pedals covering loads of sounds
    - small, few pedals, but they are super-powerful, multi-use so not a ‘basic’ setup
    - 2 or 3 eye wateringly expensive pedals - so small, but not budget
    - 3 or 4 simple mainstream pedals 

I’ve always found the subject of small boards oddly fascinating 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 273
    Airmiles said:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/in2aLVBz27FDjUtu8
    (And apologies in advance if that method doesn't work....)

SviSound Ge fuzz mini
    Mosaic 12-string emulator
    Mooer Yellow Comp
    Mooer Black Secret
    Tumnus
    Flashback ii mini 

One spot pro psu underneath 

Admittedly the BS does overlap with the fuzz somewhat... But otherwise it's more capable than I am....

All the band really wants us cleany-sparkly or edge - of breakup or dirt.... I could probably have got away with just the comp and black secret/tumnus...or even just the tumnus..... But where's the fun in that????

Of course I need the BS plus the Flashback for the full Gary Marx....but the rest of the guys worship at the altar of Hackett and Zappa so not much chance of doing that in public :D

I know this thread is about the 'board - but that looks also a brilliant amp/cab setup. Is the Barefaced the 10' and what do you think of it?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3640
    The Mooer stuff is great - well,some of it. I have and rotate in the Black Secret, Yellow comp, Reecho, Blues Mood, E-lady.

Mini fuzzes, though: what's good? 
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 511
    Greatape said:
    The Mooer stuff is great - well,some of it. I have and rotate in the Black Secret, Yellow comp, Reecho, Blues Mood, E-lady.

Mythos golden fleece or high road for sure
  • Greatape said:

I have a PiggyFX Schweinefleisch II (the mini one) - it's really very good, especially with a sub'n'up.
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1512
    edited November 2022
  • enjoenjo Frets: 280
    Greatape said:

There is a lot of variety in types of fuzzes.
    I love my Golden Fleece (seen above in purple) - I tend to like more fuzz face style fuzzes rather than big muff style fuzzes FWIW.
    Never tried one but I know Mosky do one called “Mini Muff” 
    Red ones are better. 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2332
    Just built this mini board - it has to be the nuttiest board I've ever put together!

This is actually an auxiliary board for use in my Bowie tribute. There is no space for either of these pedals on my big fuck-off board. I used to run a spare 9V power lead from it to the AC-3, but now I need to use the Swarm too. The board itself is made from an old baking tray (with Mrs Keefy's permission) and a piece of foam rubber mat fixed in place with rubber solution glue. The cutouts hold the pedals and PSU components (including DIY regulated 9V supply) quite snugly. The whole lot stows in a laptop bag.

That swarm pedal is completely bonkers! 
    Red ones are better. 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2332
    TimmyO said:
    That swarm pedal is completely bonkers! 
    Yes. Yes it is.
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 825

Pedal bored.

A bit of an epic thread this, but bare with me.

I have been building mini boards for a while, having found a few good pedals that do what I want, trying to distill them down to the bare minimum, and it usually gets out of hand, trying to fit something new in.

My gigging days are over for now ( work commitments ) and for the gig I relied on a Marshall Code 50 , presets, the footswitch for convenience, and it got the job done.

I used a Metro 16 to carry the Code footswitch, and I had a Tech 21 FR5 on there for a direct to PA backup in case the amp went down mid gig ( happened once, but then I was carrying a Katana 100 as backup ).

This latest creation has been brewing in my mind for a lot longer than it took to put together, I give you, ‘The Motherboard’

Green light is for go.

Basically it is the same Metro 16, re-done with a newly acquired Gigrig QM4x, purchased from the classifieds here ( Thanks @Louis_LLM ), and a different Flyrig, the RK5.

The idea is this, the signal goes Guitar > tuner > ABY, 

then A goes >QM4x>( loop 1, loop 2, loop 3, loop 4 ) > channel 1 of Supro Black Magick,

and then B either goes > RK5 > DI / PA, or RK5 > channel 2 of Supro Black Magick, switched by the ABY..

It should work in theory, and I now have to make up ( or, more likely buy ) some neat cables to wire up the loops, which will all be populated by my earlier ‘small board creations’ which look quite neat here, and will each take a place in one of the QM4x loops.

In reality, I probably will never have them all connected at the same time, but I do like the simplicity and flexibility it will give me.

This board, the 'Coffin',  gets switched around quite a lot, and is currently housing a small collection of my own builds and a few Juansolos, plus others, and it all runs ( for a while ) off a single 9v rechargeable, via a couple of daisy chains, but there are spare power outlets from the Cioks under the motherboard, which is really only powering the RK5 and the tuner plus a couple of LEDs on the ABY and the QM4x.

Typically, the only one not wired in the chain for power, is the Dirty Girl, which has a flat battery, due to some idiot leaving it in the signal path- with a brand new Duracell installed…..

This board, mounted on rosewood for the TONE, is mostly my own builds of a few favorites, especially the Fuzzdog Blue Fool in the middle- a lot of fun. All running of a 9v

And this board, on a piece of walnut, again for the tone, is my last effort, with a couple of my absolute must haves, a Fuzzdog Klone, and a Fuzzdog Angry Andy, which are really the only 2 pedals I use all the time, and both are repeated on the other boards, I just like this one for its cuteness, again powered by a single 9v rechargeable.

Originally, my plan was to start with a blank slate, but everybody knows plywood has no tonal benefits.

And  that would have involved getting a new power supply, cables etc, and it would have been hard to decide how to populate the loops, and nothing seems to stay static with my pedals anyway - always want to try something out.

At least I have no need for a Xmas tree this year.

I think they all look pretty good laid out like this, and I have got a WAH on in place of the EVH which I might use occasionally, and also the switcher is on there for the reverb and tremolo on the Supro, which sound amazing so no need for pedals there.

As the title said, I was feeling a bit bored, so I decided to spend a little time doing this post, and I can’t wait to fire it all up.

PS, for anyone thinking ‘ whats in the box???’

Chaos awaits, but heres a look anyway.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Wow
    Red ones are better. 
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 825
    TimmyO said:
    Wow
    Thanks,
    Just had a quiet test run with the RK5 and QM4x running into both channels of my Supro, switched by the ABY, thats goodness already.
    RK5 is better than I remembered, delay is amazing, and OMG channel is---OMG, and it has a boost too.
    Pleasantly surprised how good the blend of the 2 channels sound when Y is selected, didn't really expect that, and it will get really interesting when I can use the other mini boards in the loops, with the flip-flop function on the QM4.
    Happy something turned out as expected for once.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2924
    TimmyO said:
    I’ve always found the subject of small boards oddly fascinating 
    Me too, not sure why. They're just satisfying to look at and it appeals to my minimalist/organised/overly analytic mind :) I like to see how people get a lot out of a little.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6126
    Finally got a pedalboard, it was quite inexpensive and has a power supply built in. I was dubious about it, expecting hum/buzzing etc but it's actually proved to be exceptionally quiet. I demoed a bunch of mini tremolo pedals but none of them came close to the EBS. I might lose the Pigtronix Disnortion; it's a good pedal for a blend of dist/od but I've never really got on with distortion (I like it when other people use it but whenever I do, I find myself turning it off and thinking 'that's better') and for the very few occasions when I do want it the comp has a grit control which is okay(ish).