Let's see your small/mini/nano pedalboards

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11917
    BillDL said:
    What is the odd looking pedal with what looks like a 2-way alcometer breath test tube in your photo?
    It's our resident @4114Effects 's creation.  It's a delay pedal.  Inspired by the Flux Capacitor from Back to the Future.

Those were made in pretty tiny numbers although I seem to remember there is a famous user - so famous that I can't think who they are!

although neither looks as good as the 4114. But you could have an entire flux based mini board! 
    Ryan Adams had one before skeletons was found in his closet...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7389
    I bought several of the cheap Landlord FX mini pedals over several months to see which of them provided usable effects.  Others may not agree, but I have found some good and usable effects in all of them, except perhaps the gimmicky multi-modulation one named "spinning room".  I already have a pedaltrain Nano board and old Boss BCB-3 and BCB-6 cases with a bunch of pedals that fit (Behringer pedals fit the Boss cases).  The Landlord FX pedals come in nice little rigid cardboard boxes with hard foam inserts that grip the pedals tightly.  I decided to use the boxes to make a board I can leave at work to use for a couple of hours in between flurries of activity, for example between finishing work and waiting on staff to relieve me from Friday night into saturday mornings.  There are no residential premises anywhere for miles.

I have sliced the boxes down to the height of the foam inserts and cut out holes in the sides and through the foam so that the jacks of patch cables and the power supply jacks can seat properly.  I now need to stiffen up the cardboard where I cut holes through it and the cardboard edges frayed a bit.  I will probably paint them with black Hammerite or something like that to give the added rigidity.  I will then glue the bases of the boxes to a wooden board just far enough apart for patch cables and will probably make sides on the board and a corresponding hinged lid.  It won't cost me anything because I have wood, glue, paint, and hinges lying around.  Just a project to keep me occupied, and better than having the pedals lying loose.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    BillDL said:
    What is the odd looking pedal with what looks like a 2-way alcometer breath test tube in your photo?
    It's our resident @4114Effects 's creation.  It's a delay pedal.  Inspired by the Flux Capacitor from Back to the Future.

Those were made in pretty tiny numbers although I seem to remember there is a famous user - so famous that I can't think who they are!

although neither looks as good as the 4114. But you could have an entire flux based mini board! 
    Coldplay have three. I don't mention Ryan Adams anymore. :-) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7556
    BillDL said:

I've asked before but I forgot: what circuit was the drive version based on? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    TimmyO said:
    BillDL said:

I've asked before but I forgot: what circuit was the drive version based on? 
    Good question, haven't made a drive version for a while. Switchable  Hybrid of rat and TS type circuits if I remember correctly. 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2911
    edited October 2021
    Already posted in the other thread but it's probably more at home here! Metro 16 recently simplified even further thanks to the HX Stomp which will hopefully be used 4CM with my amp and basically replace all my pedals, as well as be a home headphones rig and direct to PA backup. I'm going to try living without the Drop to see if I miss it as it's a fussy one to power and I'd rather do without it. I'll be getting a patch bay to have all my inputs/outputs at the top to keep it all neat and reduce stress from the onboard jacks, and I want to make a colour coordinated cable loom so it's easy to set up at gigs etc. Tuner is staying as I like having an instant mute and it frees up a footswitch. Might get a 2 button for FS4/5 too.

• I’ve posted this or its ilk several times so forgive me... 

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • T.AvonT.Avon Frets: 25
    TimmyO said:
    T.Avon said:
    This is my mini board that fits into a mono tick. Pushes the boundaries of what can fit for sure, there’s a little mixer underneath so loop 1&2 go into the flashback and loop 3 goes into the carbon copy. The disaster area is setup for clean, light OD, heavy OD. 
    Wow. The "fit in a tick" limitation is why I want to stick with a Nano - that's bonkers what you've managed to get on there. 

How is it underfoot? Cramped or easier than it looks? 
    I’m mainly just switching on the DPC micro so it’s alright. The rat and nobels are always on so don’t get touched, and for the most part I’m setting up a delay in the loop that’s not on before I change to it so it gives a bit less urgency. 

There’s tall switch toppers the CC and trem that help and I got used to resting my heel for tuner but that’s the one I wish was a bit nicer placed. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16301
    BillDL said:

Fair enough  :smile: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844

• MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 457
    I’ve posted this or its ilk several times so forgive me... 

and it still looks just as cool as the first time I saw it
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24625

My mini board for my big band stuff.

The Polytune is on on the internal 9V but the other 3 are powered with a Rockboard XL battery pack.
  • Inspired by this thread, I've got myself a second-hand Nano, and put these on it...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7uhpanehnspy2o/20211105_164212.jpg?raw=1

This is my more polite board, for jazz/similar gigs. Planning an alternate for more noisy bands in the new year. The Night Wire is doing triple-duty as an auto-wah, harmonic trem or a resonant boost to push the Germ Drive. Note new forum-favourite delay. Powered by a Truetone CS6, currently held in place by zip ties until I sort it out.
  •  But you could have an entire flux based mini board! 
    I have a delay, a drive, and a chorus :)

R.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ryan Adams had one before skeletons was found in his closet...
    Fair enough  :smile: 
    Paul Gilbert had one - sold for $999, apparently.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7556
    Inspired by this thread, I've got myself a second-hand Nano, and put these on it...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7uhpanehnspy2o/20211105_164212.jpg?raw=1

This is my more polite board, for jazz/similar gigs. Planning an alternate for more noisy bands in the new year. The Night Wire is doing triple-duty as an auto-wah, harmonic trem or a resonant boost to push the Germ Drive. Note new forum-favourite delay. Powered by a Truetone CS6, currently held in place by zip ties until I sort it out.
    Nice
    Red ones are better. 
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 819
    Just put this together, for something to do, hoping for some inspiration.

All Fuzzdog, couple of my own builds, and a few that might be familiar to some.
    R-L, signal path, Klone, Angry Andy, Blue Fool, Wrektifier with Boner Boost and finally Ghost Echo.
    PSU at the moment is a 9v rechargeable, but that only lasted about 20 mins with everything on, that will be a rare occurrence though, so it might be usable.
    I did a bit of cable management, so a 9v One Spot could be used for longer term use.
    Tons of Tones, and it's built on a bit of Indian Rosewood, for that vintage, woody vibe.
    Came out quite nice.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's pretty epic @andy_k! Also, you're powering the whole thing off one solitary 9v battery? That's also pretty great, short battery life not withstanding.
  • Posted it before, but...here's my entire-rig-on-a-Metro-16:

Just plug in a guitar and a cab, and done. Unfortunately, I need to make a bigger board, because I've got a delay to go on there, and possibly a wah as well.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    edited November 2021
    Metro 16 is the smallest I can go.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom