Let's see your small/mini/nano pedalboards

What's Hot

Comments

• timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 273
    Like this a lot. Whats the blue box and its two LEDs? The Cranker is my current object of unnecessary want - how is it, and at low volume?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3056
    timbuk02 said:
    Like this a lot. Whats the blue box and its two LEDs? The Cranker is my current object of unnecessary want - how is it, and at low volume?
    I built a clone of the regular Cranker and it's pretty good. I've not seen the "special" before.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12966
    edited August 2022
    timbuk02 said:
    Its a Walrus Julia clone that I built using a pedalpcb board. Its great. 

I've only had the Special Cranker for a few days but I like it a lot. Can go from a boost to a pretty ragged/fuzzy OD, which is right up my street. I'm a big fan of gritty/fuzzy pedals like the Red Llama, SS/BS Mini, the Boss DF-2, and the Harmonic Perkolator, for reference. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3409
    Powered by a Truetone CS6....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 826
    This is my ambient board at present. Amp has reverb or I use my Mooer Ocean Machine delays  n reverb.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 273
    timbuk02 said:

I've only had the Special Cranker for a few days but I like it a lot. Can go from a boost to a pretty ragged/fuzzy OD, which is right up my street. I'm a big fan of gritty/fuzzy pedals like the Red Llama, SS/BS Mini, the Boss DF-2, and the Harmonic Perkolator, for reference. 

Tidy work - thanks for the inspiration! I bought a soldering-iron start of lockdown with great intentions, but still unused. The appeal of the Special Cranker for me also is because it sounds somewhere between fuzz and OD. GAS not cured.
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 188
    timbuk02 said:
    timbuk02 said:

Tidy work - thanks for the inspiration! I bought a soldering-iron start of lockdown with great intentions, but still unused. The appeal of the Special Cranker for me also is because it sounds somewhere between fuzz and OD. GAS not cured.
    Check out the Fuzzdog clone. I think it’s called the Super Cranker, or similar. I’ll be building one in my next round of pedal kit funtimes. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • If fuzzdog does a special cranker kit I'd definitely recommend building it.

To be honest if I'd known there was a Fuzzdog I'd probably have built one instead of buying one! 
  • wingo84wingo84 Frets: 42
    edited August 2022
    https://flic.kr/p/2nCE3Jo

Well annoyed I can’t seem to display the photos from my phone anymore… just goes blank.

anyway this is my newest board (hence the sale of loads of my pedals) 

powered by a cioks dc7 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3409
    This is where I'm up to with my nano board....

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7580
    edited August 2022
    NelsonP said:
    This is where I'm up to with my nano board....

Strong smallboard game 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 188
    If fuzzdog does a special cranker kit I'd definitely recommend building it.

To be honest if I'd known there was a Fuzzdog I'd probably have built one instead of buying one! 
    I think it’s fairly new. 
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3835

The Flint/DE7, polytune and BoR stay no matter what I'm doing. I switch the chorus out for a compressor or fuzz depending on the gig/band. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27301
    Three this together today for a first rehearsal for a corporate BOTB for charity (yeah rock and roll wooo!!!!!)

I think I’m probably playing bass but not 100% sure yet so targeting flexibility above all else. 

Bass rig is pot luck so the HX will be giving me some nice compression into an classic Ampeg irrespective of what I’m plugged into. 

If I’m on guitar it’ll double as a Deluxe Reverb and give me delay and swirlies if I need them

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • This is the board I use for headphones playing - about as few pedals as you can have, and still require a board atall … It’s powered by a 1.3amp wall wart, but I had to add an earth as it buzzed like crazy without. The combination of pedals gives a really creamy blues tone that inspires me to play more, which can only be a good thing  :)

This is the board I use for headphones playing - about as few pedals as you can have, and still require a board atall … It’s powered by a 1.3amp wall wart, but I had to add an earth as it buzzed like crazy without. The combination of pedals gives a really creamy blues tone that inspires me to play more, which can only be a good thing  :)

Very cool smallboard 
    Red ones are better. 
    Three this together today for a first rehearsal for a corporate BOTB for charity (yeah rock and roll wooo!!!!!)

I think I’m probably playing bass but not 100% sure yet so targeting flexibility above all else. 

Bass rig is pot luck so the HX will be giving me some nice compression into an classic Ampeg irrespective of what I’m plugged into. 

If I’m on guitar it’ll double as a Deluxe Reverb and give me delay and swirlies if I need them

Well this worked very well for its first run this morning. Ampeg B15 amp model with either 1176 or LA Studio Comp, with the Looking Glass giving a bit of top oomph when needed, and Deco on "fatness" duties. GREAT fun and I think sounded good, though will no doubt dial it in a little better over the next few rehearsals. 
    I’ve been dabbling with this for a little while:

but the truth is that  it’s not that useable with the two double-switch pedals that close to each other.

I also switched the Exhoplex Delay back in today and just find it easier to get a sound quickly on it.

I know I should just persevere with nailing a couple of sounds in the Halo but I do enjoy the Echoplex’s simplicity (even if the modulation is a bit much) and easier access to tap tempo. 

I also want to swap drives out/around as I’d like to have the EP Boost on there. 
    Red ones are better. 
    Well after assumed-PSU issues with the Hx in the last couple of rehearsals I said fuck it and did this instead. Used it yesterday and it’s friggin glorious. Origin kit is really just fantastic - I can’t speak highly enough. I need to get one of their comps ( though the Fuzzdog engineers thumb is working really well, to be fair). EP boost is just there for fairy dust, not gain. 

Guitar board looks like this. RD compact is mostly there to avoid issues with borrowed-amps in the studio but overall it’s fantastic. 

• That BassRig looks pretty sweet. 

But for HOW MUCH???? you'd expect it to!!!