Your perfect tone...

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• Zodiac51 said:
    I like that, what timing would that be in then?
    Tinariwen do these cross timings where it's in both 6/8 and 4/4 at once.  The bassist is stressing the 4/4 thing, whilst everything else is 6/8.  They do the same in a song off their new album called Chaghaybou.  When the bass kicks in at 1:32 it gets really odd: 

Bizarrely, Nick Drake's Parasite does the same.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    I'm torn between Satchel (Steel Panther) on "Gloryhole" and "17 Girls in a Row" and the tones on Aerosmith's "A Little South of Sanity" live album (particularly on "Last Child" and "Same Old Song...") 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Dweezil Zappa's first ZPZ rig sounded unreal. Adrian Clarke of Guitarist mag was also at the Albert Hall and was blown away by it.
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2594
    edited August 2014
    daveww said:
    Yep, he was probably still using the SG2000 on the original recording...  they're great guitars...weigh a ton though!
    If you mean the original recording of Samba Pa Ti, that was many years before Santana  switched to Yamaha.  He used various Gibsons up until then.  I'm not a big believer in the "only a Gibson can sound like a Gibson" idea, but my favourite Santana tones are with Gibsons, particularly in the period from Santana lll through to Borboletta.  I'm not a big fan of his PRS tones, but I put that down to Santana's taste in tone changing and mine not keeping up rather than the guitars he was using.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    Yes. It seems quite well documented and I've since read up. Seems it was still his SG special and a cocked open wah. http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/Carlos-Santana-Abraxas-201.aspx