Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Xvive Echoman appreciation thread

What's Hot

Comments

• joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    I'm not much of a pedal junky, but thought about buying one when the deal was first disclosed, missed out of buying one and convinced myself I didn't need another delay.

Then when I saw they were back on sale at £50, it didn't take long to convince myself I needed one.

Delivered today and had a quick go, really pleased with it so far.

Bravo to whoever disclosed the deal!
    Twas me, good sir! I'm glad people are loving it, I think it's incredible value for some beautiful sounds. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • joetele said:
    I'm not much of a pedal junky, but thought about buying one when the deal was first disclosed, missed out of buying one and convinced myself I didn't need another delay.

Then when I saw they were back on sale at £50, it didn't take long to convince myself I needed one.

Delivered today and had a quick go, really pleased with it so far.

Bravo to whoever disclosed the deal!
    Twas me, good sir! I'm glad people are loving it, I think it's incredible value for some beautiful sounds. 
    You served this forum well.

Here is a virtual pat on the back. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nutha clip.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Having still to plug mine in I can't say a lot but from Drew's clips it's a lot less dark than say the standard carbon copy.  listening to those there is no sense that this is a pedal that cost £50 and looks like it came out of a christmas cracker.  
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Having still to plug mine in I can't say a lot but from Drew's clips it's a lot less dark than say the standard carbon copy.  listening to those there is no sense that this is a pedal that cost £50 and looks like it came out of a christmas cracker.  

The Carbon Copy is way darker and really not to my tastes. The DMM circuit is much brighter and more natural sounding to my ears and tastes, YMMV. I'm assuming the Echoman is pretty close to the DMM circuit, given it's heritage with Howard Davies.

Nutha clip.

Lovely tones and playing, mate, as always!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17640
    tFB Trader
    Fun fact.

Analog delays aren't inherently dark.

They put the high end filtering in to hide that a lot of them are quite noisy. This pedal does seem to do most of what a DMM does. Certainly sounds closer than a Memory Boy which is quite dark and grungy.
    Having still to plug mine in I can't say a lot but from Drew's clips it's a lot less dark than say the standard carbon copy.  listening to those there is no sense that this is a pedal that cost £50 and looks like it came out of a christmas cracker.  

The Carbon Copy is way darker and really not to my tastes. The DMM circuit is much brighter and more natural sounding to my ears and tastes, YMMV. I'm assuming the Echoman is pretty close to the DMM circuit, given it's heritage with Howard Davies.

Nutha clip.

Lovely tones and playing, mate, as always!
    I ended up watching a bunch of stuff about Andy Summers on YT last night. It's very much the delay sound he had in The Police. Shed load of compression as well so that it rang out and does that pad type thing. 
     I should probably get my listening tastes out of the 1980s but interesting to go oh that's THAT sound.    
  • EricTheWeary said:
     I should probably get my listening tastes out of the 1980s   
    Don't be so ridiculous. You're fine as is.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    EricTheWeary said:
     I should probably get my listening tastes out of the 1980s   
    Don't be so ridiculous. You're fine as is.
    Phew! 
  • Nutha clip.

Nice. Showcases it well.
    I've been using it after the EQD Transmisser and boy oh boy does it sound sweet. It feels like a pad machine rather than simply a delay. You could almost use it by itself for an ambient set. 
  • I've been thinking that too Joe, having it as the only time-based thing on a mini board would be a possibility. Am I finally seeing why people rave about the DMM perhaps 
    I've been thinking that too Joe, having it as the only time-based thing on a mini board would be a possibility. Am I finally seeing why people rave about the DMM perhaps 
    Oh don't worry I'll still be using it as part of a stupid board of many delays and reverbs 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I just bought a "Sweet Leo" as well because for £25 with free postage why the hell not!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I just bought a "Sweet Leo" as well because for £25 with free postage why the hell not!
     Please report back
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    I just bought a "Sweet Leo" as well because for £25 with free postage why the hell not!
     Please report back
    I got one delivered yesterday it is excellent. Very amp like and sweet. The growl feels like a bias/compressy thing
    tFB Trader
     Please report back

I shall do. 

I won't lie I mostly bought it because my son is called Leo and he thought a pedal with a Leopard on it was funny!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I couldn’t resist the deal either, so I snapped one up today from eBay as well :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I couldn’t resist the deal either, so I snapped one up today from eBay as well :)
    You've done the right thing. Welcome, brother. 
  • Oh go on, I’ve ordered one…arrives Tuesday