Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Xvive Echoman appreciation thread

What's Hot

Comments

• For £50, it's a bit of a bargain tbh.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Darn it you lot, I've got one on the way too...
    Lots of Nice Guitars, and not enough pedals!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1445
    And me.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 526
    Can it do anything that a DMM can’t do? 
  • 26.2 said:

I think the real question here is, can a DMM do anything that an XVive Echoman cannot do?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • 26.2 said:

I think the real question here is, can a DMM do anything that an XVive Echoman cannot do?
    A DMM can command a higher price and act as a more substantial paperweight! :mrgreen:
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    26.2 said:

It's got more knobs, so probably.
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 526
    26.2 said:

Not if you already have a DMM. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    Hmmmm I pushed the button! and jumped on the band-waggon! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 38 sold now probably because of this thread. Just trying to decide whether to go for it myself. Looks to be a great deal but I have a Diamond MLJr that i am perfectly happy with other than it takes up an annoying amount of space on my pedalboard... 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    26.2 said:
    26.2 said:

Not if you already have a DMM. 
    Yeah that's why I haven't bought one, too. (Well, ok, I have the XO, but close enough.)

If you don't already have a DMM then the XVive at that price seems (having not tried it!) like one of those deals that's hard to pass...
  • Yeah would be a bit daft to buy one if you already have a DMM...my tongue in cheek (sort of) remark was more of an attempt to dismiss this big box little box bollocks that seems to resound around these parts and other particular forums.

I'm not saying an Echoman is comparable to the real DMM circuit as my memory of those is quite worn and diluted, so I'd be lying if I said I knew it was spot on, but I'd like to pick up a new Nano one to at least see if it can get in the ball park of the DMM circuit...which is moot really, because 1. I enjoy the sounds it makes, 2. It does what I used my old DMM to do and 3. It's 50 quid!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    DPD just knocked on my door.  I've had a very low volume play (my 5 year is asleep, not that he appreciates my inane noodlings when he's awake...).

It's great.  A really nice sounding analogue delay with all the quirks you'd expect from such a thing.  As mentioned, pushing the modulation control can cause it sound a bit chaotic but it's very good.

My only criticism is the wobbly pots, which reveals its manufacturing origins and price point.  £50 is cheap but probably fair, I wouldnt have paid the RRP for it though.  It's Mooer level build quality, no more.

Thanks for the heads up.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • The wobbly pots are annoying indeed. Any way to fix that without messing the pedal up?

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    Yeah would be a bit daft to buy one if you already have a DMM...my tongue in cheek (sort of) remark was more of an attempt to dismiss this big box little box bollocks that seems to resound around these parts and other particular forums.

I'm not saying an Echoman is comparable to the real DMM circuit as my memory of those is quite worn and diluted, so I'd be lying if I said I knew it was spot on, but I'd like to pick up a new Nano one to at least see if it can get in the ball park of the DMM circuit...which is moot really, because 1. I enjoy the sounds it makes, 2. It does what I used my old DMM to do and 3. It's 50 quid!
    I think what you said was spot-on... for anyone who doesn't already have a DMM and wants to get something in the ballpark. As you implied, it's a bit churlish to expect it to do more than a DMM for £50! If it even gets close and doesn't do anything more, that's pretty good for £50.

But @26.2 is also right in that some people here might already have a DMM and might want to know if it offers anything more in case it's worth having as well. 

FWIW I wis'ed both of you :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The wobbly pots are annoying indeed. Any way to fix that without messing the pedal up?
    Doubt it.  They're probably the same surface mount pots Mooer et al use.  The bigger knobs on the Xvive mean more leverage so they wobble more.

If the knobs come off, maybe some sort of small teflon washer underneath the knob might give it a bit more support.
  • DPD knocked on the office door. I now have to wait 7 hours to try it out.... 
    Lots of Nice Guitars, and not enough pedals!
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30928
    Just had one land.

As a delay whore, I'm pretty impressed. Very decent effort- the chorus on trails sounds super lush.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17639
    tFB Trader
    For me it's a perfect pedal for having fun and getting some lush sounds at home.

I'm not sure I'd gig it, but it really does sound as nice as the various EHX and Strymon things I've had in the past.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mine's arrived, it's tiny. I'll plug it in later when I get some time-ime-me-e...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom