The Doctor Who thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Yeh, i thought it was great - he reminds me of pertwee which was my favourite.
    Danny is boring me a bit though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep agree with all above. Best Doctor for a long time. .. much better that there is no romantic stuff with the assistant. More of a father figure. Capaldi best actor , and Jenny Coleman seems to be getting better , though that is maybe because I can't take my eyes off her. Not in a pervy way , she is just so pretty. ... though I would not kick her out of bed  :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    It was all a bit tame .. the alien was a cross between a Dalek and a transformer and looked like it had been built on Blue Peter. And too much sonic screwdriver and iWatch [invisibility] action .. and the obvious gags [the Doctor whistling a Pink Floyd song] are wearing thin. Capaldi is being sold short with poor script writing. As the Sarah Jane adventures as no more perhaps it's time to spin Clara and Danny out to their own series for young kids and make Who a little darker. I'd start by firing Moffat.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    If there is a spin off it should be the victorian detective trio! I really like them (but I think we've seen enough of them in dr who)

Another enjoyable story, although not as epic as last weeks. I am absolutely loving Capaldi's doctor.
  • They've moved it to 830 which means it's now 11:30 start on a schoolnight for me, and 12:30 once the clocks change. Boo!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2754
    I liked it this week.   I agree that it could still be darker, it was a good episode but I can't remember a story that was scary since the angels, as good as Capaldi is he needs a scarf and a creative scriptwriter to come up with a baddy that doesn't have an obvious solution.   
    axisus said:
    If there is a spin off it should be the victorian detective trio! I really like them (but I think we've seen enough of them in dr who)

The BBC could do both .. that would be an adult series like Torchwood. Clara and Danny would be a kids TV series. The BBC made Doctor Who, Torchwood and the Sarah Jane Adventures all simed at different age groups.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It was OK - not as good as previous episodes, but there weren't really any annoyances in this one except for Pink's reaction. When faced with the fact that your girlfriend is a time-travelling adventurer, do you:

a) Shout "COOL!" and ask if you can join her
    b) Check that she's safe, make the Doc promise to look after her and tell them to bring you a souvenir from their travels
    c) Get all jealous and act like you've borrowed the script from Eastenders

?

I'm not sure I know anybody who'd take the third door there.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Because at the time he thought he was getting played - I like Danny - you've got a ham actor and someone giving Keira Knightley a run for her money... what better way to sound like the voice of reason? Than by pausing before you say something as if you'd thought about what you were going to say first.

Think about the question first before answering, because answering quickly doesn't mark you as a genius, far far from it ;)

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6407
    edited September 2014
    A thin line between that and Joey from Friends best ever gag - "Smell the fart" acting ;)

And Jenna is getting hotter - mini skirts are getting shorter :-bd
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    That was Joeys only gag and frankly it works because he was an idiot.

There's been a long tradition in acting originating in Japanese theatre (but widely adopted in Europe and US) - breath in and think, breath out and do, part of method acting is getting the breathing right...  - it's easy to see how that would be simplified for Joey to remember, for me that's what made the comment funny.

Watching the Doctor Who stuff just seems like a Player Piano, little use of time - beyond leaping around in it.. you'd think a Time Lord would be able to "drive on the motorway, parallel park and do town driving" ... all we're seeing is Motorway driving - and it lacks a subtle completeness that gives credibility. Watch Tom Baker having a chat and you'll see he speeds up and slows down the pace to direct others ... Capaldi rattles off a metered line, but he doesn't compress or expand the emotional weight like Eccleston or Smith..  if he did he'd be unnerving

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16329
    Kept thinking this is a bit silly when's the twist. It did come but we had to have thirty minutes that would have been embarrassing on Ben 10. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-MP6rLguigYw/ToHO9tNYUCI/AAAAAAAAALk/Q4QP9A6IufA/s1600/ben_ten_10_free_wallpapers_022_standing_tall_ascent_moon_posters.jpg
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15764
    why was there a pair of binos on that moonbase?

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17854
    tFB Trader
    Thought this weeks episode was a bit of a let down.
  • It was all a set up for Clara's rant at the end. The story was incidental; and a bit bollocks at that.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72933
    But once again, Clara in a suit - space type, this time - was strangely hot.

This is becoming a theme...

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Total pants.

The world had lost interest in space travel but the Mexicans went to the Moon ten years earlier. Presumably they'd have had something a little more up-to-date than an old 1990s NASA shuttle from the Smithsonian crewed by Brits. And leaving two women to argue about an abortion by nuclear warhead is hardly great Saturday night viewing .. and to top it the angry pupil Courtney becomes president of the USA.

• Total snoozefest. No character development (except for the possibility of Clara not being in it next week, on account of being in a huff), nothing particularly interesting happening and a total waste of the acting talent on hand.
    <space for hire>
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I've missed the last two episodes. Worth catching up or shall I ditch it?

I've only really liked one episode so far this series and I don't fancy Clara that much so I'm really loosing interest. 
  • I thought the story was poor - and the "egg" moon at the end didnt make sense - it was bigger than the thing that hatched??