The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2820
    Don’t think 5 goal losses against Chelsea and Palace are bad,  Chelsea have been having a bad run recently (all season) and Cp beat ManU also by 5, who West Ham are fine ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2383

Man U. Goal difference.  Minus 3.   Ahahhahha!

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14589
    tFB Trader
    Stupid - Hull sack Liam Rosenior  for failing to get in the play offs - By 1 place and 3 points - Thought he did a good job and often the club played well - What do these clubs expect and who do they think they are 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9962
    It's a strange decision isn't it, surely must be more to it than that, they surely can't have expected playoffs as as minimum? I'm surprised they didn't hold on to him and wait for a bigger club to go for him so they'd at least score some compensation
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    tFB Trader
    Excellent Dortmund - rode their luck at times but no goal in 180 mins for PSG
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27810
    Shame, poor PSG.

:D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10369
    Love to see it! They've cursed themselves.

Mbappe isn't the player he thinks he is. 
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1369
    Big up palace!! (from an NUFC fan) for last nights performance. Very similar to newcastle victory, shock and awe from forwards, world class finishing and attack again no doubt about it. Liverpool, manure, west ham, newcastle all beaten in 4 of last 5 games. 

Things not looking great for man u, with arsenal and newcastle 2 of last 3 fixtures and 2 points behind newcastle and 2 positions behind them. You have to wonder can any manager on the planet bring success back to man u. They have tried a fair few now since fergie retired. Oh well, nevermind.

Dont worry, be silly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4941
    Bowton Wunders!  Beat Barnsley to get to the League 1 playoff final - hooray!

tFB Trader
    Love to see it! They've cursed themselves.

Mbappe isn't the player he thinks he is. 
    it is that huge chip on his shoulder that is the problem 
    tFB Trader

swiller said:
    Big up palace!! (from an NUFC fan) for last nights performance. Very similar to newcastle victory, shock and awe from forwards, world class finishing and attack again no doubt about it. Liverpool, manure, west ham, newcastle all beaten in 4 of last 5 games. 

Things not looking great for man u, with arsenal and newcastle 2 of last 3 fixtures and 2 points behind newcastle and 2 positions behind them. You have to wonder can any manager on the planet bring success back to man u. They have tried a fair few now since fergie retired. Oh well, nevermind.

I'm baffled that the press talk is Tuchel, Potter or Southgate to go to Man U - Southgate is pretty boring and no record as a club manager - Tuchel and Potter haven't pulled up any trees in recent years - Tuchel is living of a good night at Chelsea in the CL and it was hardly a dominant win v City

Yet the players at Man U are not crap players - Something is not right (obvious statement I know)
    tFB Trader

TTony said:
    Shame, poor PSG.

:D
    agree - the problem of playing in a. league with little competition, then expected to perform well, when they play the big boys
    tFB Trader
    Stupid - Hull sack Liam Rosenior  for failing to get in the play offs - By 1 place and 3 points - Thought he did a good job and often the club played well - What do these clubs expect and who do they think they are 
    It's a strange decision isn't it, surely must be more to it than that, they surely can't have expected playoffs as as minimum? I'm surprised they didn't hold on to him and wait for a bigger club to go for him so they'd at least score some compensation
    The most bizarre decision in the EFL this season was from Birmingham - Sack Eustace - Think they were 5th at the time and give the job to Rooney - Worked out well didn't it - You have to question the board at times

Hull finished 19th, 15th previous seasons and now 7th - So where did it go wrong for Liam - Crazy - He had a chance to take it further next season - support him 
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1048

swiller said:

I'm baffled that the press talk is Tuchel, Potter or Southgate to go to Man U - Southgate is pretty boring and no record as a club manager - Tuchel and Potter haven't pulled up any trees in recent years - Tuchel is living of a good night at Chelsea in the CL and it was hardly a dominant win v City

Yet the players at Man U are not crap players - Something is not right (obvious statement I know)

Well Southgate was a Man U fan back in the day, so he'd be up for it I would imagine. I'm not sure I could say the same for the fans though.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27810
    I'm baffled that the press talk is Tuchel, Potter or Southgate to go to Man U 
    I'd like to see TommyT at ManU, mainly because of his record of really not doing very well.

Potter needs to rebuild himself out of the spotlight of the bigger clubs.

Southgate would be an interesting change of direction.  He has made a big thing about loyalty to players (Maguire, Henderson) and building a team spirit.  He's also managed with big ego players coming into the side from their clubs and doing a team job.  Arguably, it's the team spirit and ego-management that's been missing from ManU for a while.  He must be a much stronger character than he appears (in TV interviews, etc) to be.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5006
    My late uncle, an Aston Villa fan BTW), said that professional footballers should be capable of hitting the target. Then if the shot is not saved, a goal is scored. Pretty basic stuff but how many players on ‘your’ team manage to hit the target area 50% of the time?

Last evening PSG, apart from the shots that hit the post and bar, did very little else despite having so many opportunities to shoot. Sometimes it is necessary to be brave and go for it.....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

edited May 8 tFB Trader
    Rocker said:
    My late uncle, an Aston Villa fan BTW), said that professional footballers should be capable of hitting the target. Then if the shot is not saved, a goal is scored. Pretty basic stuff but how many players on ‘your’ team manage to hit the target area 50% of the time?

Last evening PSG, apart from the shots that hit the post and bar, did very little else despite having so many opportunities to shoot. Sometimes it is necessary to be brave and go for it.....
    In principle and easy statement and I do tend to agree with you - I'm sure we've all seen our favourite stars smack 7 bells out of the ball and miss good chances - My 2 favourites from the past who used to 'pass' the ball in the net were Jimmy Greaves and Allan Clarke - At times both made it look effortless and the keeper look clueless - You do see glimpses today of a player who will pass/place it in the net, but many chances are missed by power over accuracy 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1483
    Boromedic said:
    So Forest lose their appeal (surprise, surprise after the ref controversy the other week), still think it's all hokum until they finally actually deduct some points from Man City for even more egregious breaches. 

Easy to pick on the little guys innit.
    As a Forest fan, I think 3 points was definitely fair based on Everton's indiscretions....4 not so much...but it is what it is. The criteria just seems to be made up each time they have one of these hearings :D 

Man City will 100% get away with not being punished, mark my words. 

Still in our own hands - beat Chelsea and we're clear. Get a point, and we've got one foot through the door and Luton have to pull off 2 wins in the last 2 games. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12004
    Forest should be fine.  It is both in their hands and both Luton needs to pull out a couple of wins.  The odds are good and now the appeal process is over, at least they know what they need to do.
    tFB Trader
    joneve said:
    Boromedic said:
    So Forest lose their appeal (surprise, surprise after the ref controversy the other week), still think it's all hokum until they finally actually deduct some points from Man City for even more egregious breaches. 

Easy to pick on the little guys innit.
    As a Forest fan, I think 3 points was definitely fair based on Everton's indiscretions....4 not so much...but it is what it is. The criteria just seems to be made up each time they have one of these hearings :D 

Man City will 100% get away with not being punished, mark my words. 

see my notes at the foot of page 292