Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 7003
    edited May 9
    scrumhalf said:
    Oh, Harry, Harry,
    Went to Bayern Munich
    And he won fuck all

Excuse the schadenfreude.
    He’s won the Bundesliga golden shoe competition , lol.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    IMG_1183.jpeg 159.5K
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9967
    edited May 9
    Is that the same as the old Soccer AM Golden Espadrille?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7003
    Is that the same as the old Soccer AM Golden Espadrille?
    It’s a step up from the Spuds golden boot

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    IMG_1184.jpeg 160.1K
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1117
    What a game last night. Neuer, so normally reliable and unbeatable fucked up the shot which allowed Joselu to tap in the equaliser. He'd made several great saves before and then goes on to do that.

I guess Real Madrid have the "jammy-bastard-syndrome" when they just how to get through a European tie.

On the Ronaldo thing, I did respect his dedication and desire to be the best with attitude towards training and fitness. The guy played in the Premier League when he was like 37 years old when most players are long retired. But ever since the World Cup I kinda lost my respect for him, and Messi got it instead. The sulking, throwing his arms in a tantrum if you didn't pass him the ball and slagging team mates off in TV interviews just made him slip down in my eyes. Still a great player though and I can see him still playing til he's in his 40's.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14663
    tFB Trader
    Frightening - see the link below to read the full article - You can see why they have held meetings with the insolvency experts 

The US firm 777 has loaned Everton about £192m – a debt which comes on top of the £225m Everton borrowed from Rights & Media Funding (RMF) and the £160m from a consortium of MSP Capital and wealthy Evertonians Andy Bell and George Downing.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/10/everton-administration-777-partners-takeover-football
  • Placidcasual79Placidcasual79 Frets: 995
    Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere - but what are we saying about Bayer Leverkusen's season? Some unbelievable results and last minute rallies to keep the undefeated record? 

Where does it rank as an achievement? Probably got to wait to the end of the season. But Bayern Munich haven't lost the league since 2011/12 I think?

Some great players - the little number 10 Florian Wirtz - the two wingbacks........

Some team. 
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4686
    i have a sneaking suspicion that should Everton win tomorrow and be over 10 points clear of relegation Administration may be Looming 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2839
    Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere - but what are we saying about Bayer Leverkusen's season? Some unbelievable results and last minute rallies to keep the undefeated record? 

Where does it rank as an achievement? Probably got to wait to the end of the season. But Bayern Munich haven't lost the league since 2011/12 I think?

Some great players - the little number 10 Florian Wirtz - the two wingbacks........

Some team. 
    Not as good as Leicester ?
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10383

Some team. 
    Yea they're an incredible team. I saw them a few weeks back when they beat us (West Ham) at home in the Europa League. They move the ball around exceptionally and keep the ball really well. When we got to about 80 mins and it was still 0-0 I thought that this could be a legendary shit house draw if we could hang on but it wasn't meant to be.

Where does it rank? Dethroning a dominant force like Bayern is no easy task, and to do it unbeaten is a phenomenal achievement, but if they do the German Cup and the Europa League unbeaten, I think it's got to be in the conversation. Real Madrid winning so many Champions League in a row, Leicester winning the league, West Ham winning the Conference League are also amazing achievements.
    This made me chuckle (a former Baggie as well) 

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 11 tFB Trader
    @thecolourbox  - I remember when he played for Leeds - When he had time to think about it and what to do, he would nearly always miss - But was better if it was more instinctive - Had the pace of a slow rocking horse

And good luck this weekend and 2nd leg - I couldn't get a ticket for our home leg - Far to over subscribed even though I have a priority membership that normally gets me tickets after the season ticket holders have had their cut 
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4625
    This made me chuckle (a former Baggie as well) 

That's some funny sheet
    edited May 11
    @thecolourbox  - I remember when he played for Leeds - When he had time to think about it and what to do, he would nearly always miss - But was better if it was more instinctive - Had the pace of a slow rocking horse

And good luck this weekend and 2nd leg - I couldn't get a ticket for our home leg - Far to over subscribed even though I have a priority membership that normally gets me tickets after the season ticket holders have had their cut 
    He only ever scored one goal for us but it was a stunner (watch from 1:14 on YouTube below, you'll see a fellow former Leeds player in goal as well, Scotty Carson).

We did used to joke that he had the turning circle of an oil tanker, he moved on as we had a decent set of strikers at the time so he wasn't going to get a look in at 18 or 19

edited May 11 tFB Trader
    @thecolourbox - never realised he played for WBA as well (Carson)- Played for Derby for a while- Maybe the only English goalkeeper with 2 Champions League winners medals with 2 different clubs 
    edited May 11
    Yes he was a good keeper - our fans used to give him stick but I think it's because he was ex Villa (was the same with Sam Johnstone). His "drop-kicking" was the best I've ever seen from a goalkeeper at our place
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3108
    @thecolourbox - never realised he played for WBA as well (Carson)- Played for Derby for a while- Maybe the only English goalkeeper with 2 Champions League winners medals with 2 different clubs 
    Carson managed one of his kid's teams in the Staffs Junior League when my lad was still playing. Very strange seeing him prowling around the technical area. I never really had full confidence in him when he played for us. It's crazy he's got all those winners medals.

I'm not going to be at the home leg due to a big family birthday - I'm not at all confident. Getting to the playoffs without a paying transfer fee in two years is a success in itself imo. After last time's reffing, injuries and indiscipline any kind of luck would be gratefully received.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1117
    Come on Fulham!
    Carson managed one of his kid's teams in the Staffs Junior League when my lad was still playing. Very strange seeing him prowling around the technical area. I never really had full confidence in him when he played for us. It's crazy he's got all those winners medals.

I'm not going to be at the home leg due to a big family birthday - I'm not at all confident. Getting to the playoffs without a paying transfer fee in two years is a success in itself imo. After last time's reffing, injuries and indiscipline any kind of luck would be gratefully received.
    Yes they have done well to get there, on paper Southampton and and Leeds should go through (Soton fans already think they are there) so no real pressure on us like last time. I'll be at the home semi but should we fluke it to the final I can't go as I'm playing a wedding that day
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1058

Some team. 
    Yea they're an incredible team. I saw them a few weeks back when they beat us (West Ham) at home in the Europa League. They move the ball around exceptionally and keep the ball really well. When we got to about 80 mins and it was still 0-0 I thought that this could be a legendary shit house draw if we could hang on but it wasn't meant to be.

Where does it rank? Dethroning a dominant force like Bayern is no easy task, and to do it unbeaten is a phenomenal achievement, but if they do the German Cup and the Europa League unbeaten, I think it's got to be in the conversation. Real Madrid winning so many Champions League in a row, Leicester winning the league, West Ham winning the Conference League are also amazing achievements.

An impressive stat for sure, but it is the Bundesliga, and against a Bayern team ruined by Thomas 'two season' Tuchel. A terrible appointment that was only going to go one way. Hopefully he'll be at Man U next year.
    tFB Trader
    Some reports appear to suggest 777 have called in the liquidation team - Or are about to