Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Your Worst Musicians Of All Time

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17636
    tFB Trader
    Bucket said:
    Whitney Houston/Mariah Carey/Beyonce etc. etc.

This shit is the sonic equivalent of waterboarding. Just thinking about their music literally makes my skin fall off.
    I'm not sure you mean literally. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixote;345662" said:
    Bucket said:Whitney Houston/Mariah Carey/Beyonce etc. etc.

This shit is the sonic equivalent of waterboarding. Just thinking about their music literally makes my skin fall off.

Let's play him some Whitney and find out....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    I see no ones argued about Yoko.
    She's made two records I like, which puts her two ahead of Santana.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited September 2014
    Bucket said:
    Whitney Houston/Mariah Carey/Beyonce etc. etc.

Yes I do. Heard that horrible, horrible version of "I Will Always Love You" yesterday, I am now An Skellington.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Bucket;345850" said:
    monquixote said:

Bucket said:Whitney Houston/Mariah Carey/Beyonce etc. etc.

Yes I do. Heard that horrible, horrible version of "I Will Always Love You" yesterday, I am now An Skellington.
    You may be suffering from Skeletus Eruptus. 8-X
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Paul McCartney
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Paul McCartney
    Can you expand on this at all? Curious to hear your reasons.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    McCartney may be a lot of things, but bad musician isn't one of them!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • wayneirie said:
    Paul McCartney
    Can you expand on this at all? Curious to hear your reasons.
    Hey Jude
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Also Mull of Kintyre.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    edited September 2014
    I'd get yourself revolver, rubber soul, and the white album and have a listen if you haven't already. Undoubtedly he has wrote some sickly overly sentimental shit. And he should retire quietly from live gigs. But no matter what kind of music you play. You've been influenced by the him and the Beatles. Whether you like it or not.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Also his bass playing with The Beatles was possibly some of the greatest of the decade
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I think if he was just a bassist. Bass players would still revere him undoubtedly, like James Jameson, Carole Kaye etc.
    On the other hand, there is The Frog's Chorus... but this is a question of musicianship, not lack of taste/ sanity
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wayneirie said:
    I think if he was just a bassist. Bass players would still revere him undoubtedly, like James Jameson, Carole Kaye etc.
    he's a player of the electric bass, acoustic and electric guitars, and the piano, he's a singer and a songwriter. some of which he may be better at than others. none of which IMO qualifies him for a "worst musician" accolade
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • I think Macca and the Beatles are often over rated, sometimes as though that combination of guitar, bass and drums didn't exist before them. They stole quite heartily from rock'n'roll and r'n'b artists and later heavily inspired by the likes of the Beach Boys. Not that I object to what they did, just to the notion perpetrated by popular journalism ( or some such phrase)that they invented so much out of thin air. Indeed, all credit to Macca that he tends to credit his influences.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    He was still worse at the Jubilee gig than Yoko was at Glastonbury though :).

NB, I am a big fan of McCartney as a musician, and that is said with as much disappointment as anything!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Phil_aka_Pip;346200" said:
    he's a player of the electric bass, acoustic and electric guitars, and the piano, he's a singer and a songwriter. some of which he may be better at than others. none of which IMO qualifies him for a "worst musician" accolade
    And a drummer....

When Lennon was asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the world, his response was, "He's not even the best drummer in The Beatles". He played drums on Dear Prudence, Martha My Dear, Wild Honey Pie and The Ballad if John and Yoko.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    He was still worse at the Jubilee gig than Yoko was at Glastonbury though :).

NB, I am a big fan of McCartney as a musician, and that is said with as much disappointment as anything!
    I understand your saying it with disappointment but as Yoko was unlistenable shite, I don't think being worse than her is possible
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • Phil_aka_Pip;346200" said:
    And a drummer....

When Lennon was asked if Ringo was the best drummer in the world, his response was, "He's not even the best drummer in The Beatles". He played drums on Dear Prudence, Martha My Dear, Wild Honey Pie and The Ballad if John and Yoko.
    YLSNED :)