Capo info

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    Why is it a problem that a capo needs two hands to make changes? TBH my experience of the G7 Performance style capos is that you usually end up using both hands to adjust them anyway.

I've no experience with the G7 Heritage but I like the Paige. It's very low profile so doesn't get in the way of your left hand, you can adjust the tension very precisely for the exact point on the neck where you want to place it, and it lives on the guitar so can't get lost (you just slide it above the nut when not in use). But if I was going to choose that style of capo I'd definitely want one for each guitar rather than moving them between guitars, that would be a faff.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    Stuckfast said:
    Why is it a problem that a capo needs two hands to make changes? 

G7 Nashville  -  
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72340
    Stuckfast said:
    Why is it a problem that a capo needs two hands to make changes?
    When I’m playing live I prefer to keep my right hand muting the strings while I use the capo with my left.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
    You can still do that with a Paige type capo, it's pretty much second nature to hold it with the right hand resting on the strings while you unscrew it with the left.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72340
    Stuckfast said:
    You can still do that with a Paige type capo, it's pretty much second nature to hold it with the right hand resting on the strings while you unscrew it with the left.
    I just don't like them. Unscrewing is more of a faff than squeezing two levers. I also don't want a capo attached to my guitar, unless I choose to clamp it onto the far end of the headstock.

To be absolutely clear: for me, all capos are a faff compared to a Kyser. (Or a Dunlop Trigger, although the grip position is slightly more awkward.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I've got 2 Adagio branded capoes from Amazon have had no problem on either acoustic nor electric guitars. I use mine every day as I dont like the full scale length on a guitar so capo on almost every song.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    Mines  a Hamilton usa had it years early 80s but then i dont often use it. Solid. You can get them on ebay  £25. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2764
    I use a Shubb and a G7 (one of the early ones), for 2 or 3 acoustics and 3 electrics.  between those 2 they seem to over the bases. 

The shubb is my preferred because, contrary to many on here, it is extremely easy to adjust to a perfect level of tension for whichever fret it is on without pulling strings sideways
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 439
    I've got 2 Adagio branded capoes from Amazon have had no problem on either acoustic nor electric guitars. I use mine every day as I dont like the full scale length on a guitar so capo on almost every song.
    Yep, same here, they can be used with one hand and work brilliantly. One word of caution though, I bought a couple of bronze coloured Adagio capos which are ideal, when I ordered a couple more a year or so later, the springs were too long/tight and crap. A bit of z lucky dip.
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 231
    edited November 2023

I'm with Sev112 - Shubb.

Used across a couple of guitars with nut widths of 44-45mm. I never have to retune strings once I've set the capo and there isn't a problem with fboard radius.
    You can also get new rubber sleeves for them if the strings wear grooves in one!
    Sometimes, depending on how far up the neck the capo is going, the tension screw may need a half turn, but that's it.
    Simple but brilliant design.

• JCA2550 said:
    I've got 2 Adagio branded capoes from Amazon have had no problem on either acoustic nor electric guitars. I use mine every day as I dont like the full scale length on a guitar so capo on almost every song.
    Yep, same here, they can be used with one hand and work brilliantly. One word of caution though, I bought a couple of bronze coloured Adagio capos which are ideal, when I ordered a couple more a year or so later, the springs were too long/tight and crap. A bit of z lucky dip.
    I can imagine they've changed something or other in the 3 to 4 years I bought mine too. They always tinker and probably for cheapness too.