The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• 5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
    boogieman said:
    chillidoggy;717788" said:
    More proof, if we needed it, that Malfunctionado is a wanker.
    Yes. How many penalties did he pick up during the race? 2? 3? Can't see him getting a seat next season, no matter how much money he brings with him. Idiot.
    He's now half way on penalty points (6) to getting a race ban. He was also (as usual) pretty arrogant about the perez crash, saying he felt they were being severe and it was just a racing incident. Can't believe he got penalised 3 times during the race, absolutely hilarious. 

Grosjean is on 6 points as well, but that's because he picked up a few points for an unsafe release, which isn't really a driver error and seems unfair.  

If Renault do buy out Lotus, then I can't see them sticking with Maldonado. He's almost brand damaging. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22140

He's now half way on penalty points (6) to getting a race ban. He was also (as usual) pretty arrogant about the perez crash, saying he felt they were being severe and it was just a racing incident. Can't believe he got penalised 3 times during the race, absolutely hilarious. 

Grosjean is on 6 points as well, but that's because he picked up a few points for an unsafe release, which isn't really a driver error and seems unfair.  

If Renault do buy out Lotus, then I can't see them sticking with Maldonado. He's almost brand damaging. 

I'm waiting for the day when Maldonado gets dumped from F1 and goes into tin top racing. Imagine him in the WTCC, placed in a car where he can hit people and not instantly have to retire. Carnage of a high quality nature. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    He'd be more suited to banger racing in Essex.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Button to leave F1 for Top Gear?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    I saw that. Not convinced, though.

I saw that. Not convinced, though.
    Button refused to deny it when asked and Button's management team have confirmed talks are taking place.

Be a bit of a dilemma if he does. One the one hand I find JB very watchable, on the other hand there's that ginger tosspot.....

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27046
    I think he'd be pretty good, and would enjoy it a lot. Don't blame him for keeping options open while McLaren sort out whether to force him to drive whatever shitbox they build next year. 

I'd rather see him back at Williams for a final year or 2 though.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12375
    If Bottas goes to Ferrari, are Williams really going to want two old geezers driving their cars? Or is Massa getting the boot next season?

OK chaps, the holiday's nearly over, Spa is coming up!

I went to the Lotus Festival at Brands Hatch yesterday. There were 'demonstration runs' of old F1 cars running the Judd V10s, Lamborghini V12's, Coswrorth V8's etc. By demo, it meant untimed, but balls out, these guys were not pussyfooting around.

Awesome noise, and the sooner we get back to something close, the better. Sadly, one of the Camel/Lotus Judd's let go big time whilst flat out down the pits straight, God knows how much that one will cost!

As an aside, I did get to drive round the Lotus around circuit for a couple of slow parade laps as the last thing of the day. I'd forgotten how much the elevation changes on the track, and how steeply Paddock Hill bend falls away.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27046
    boogieman said:
    If Bottas goes to Ferrari, are Williams really going to want two old geezers driving their cars? Or is Massa getting the boot next season?
    Gotta be honest, if I was at Williams I'd rather Hulk than JB, much as I'm a Button fan. Probably cheaper, almost as good from a marketing perspective (particularly since the LM win), probably very similar in pace but more future-potential. 

I'd still love to see Grosjean get himself a proper car again. He was having a great run the last time the Lotuses weren't shit.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9678
    edited August 2015
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4699
    Kimi re-signs to Ferrari so Bottas ain't going there.......

Spa.  This weekend.  Thank God for a proper circuit.  And rain is forecast.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/

Although think it may be a static page with YES on it . ;-)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Interesting race in store tomorrow ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34303149

• Interesting comments from hamster and Britney.
    Hamster , said he really enjoyed being on the edge , Britney moaning about the car.
    Will be interesting race ...
  • Well no comments so far , so must be it was a little unexciting . Best bit was a bloke walking on the track.

Ok hamster had an unknown issue but seemed ok about it. Britney still seemed down , in spite of gaining points.

Shame for button., but not the best race..
    Well no comments so far , so must be it was a little unexciting . Best bit was a bloke walking on the track.

Ok hamster had an unknown issue but seemed ok about it. Britney still seemed down , in spite of gaining points.

Shame for button., but not the best race..
    The metro under the track ...

F1 needs fixing .. the race was boring. Singapore needs to be scrapped. Tyres should be designed so cars run flat out - messages like "manage the tyres we'll race at the end" should be a thing of the past. There was no racing at the front at all .. Vettel lead from lights out to flag .. boring.

• Singapore is a boring race, end of story.

Thought Button's comment about Malfunctionado was choice, if a bit ironic.

What went on with Sainz and Verstappen?

edited September 2015
    Singapore is a boring race, end of story.

Thought Button's comment about Malfunctionado was choice, if a bit ironic.

What went on with Sainz and Verstappen?
    Verstappen was stuck behind a Force India and couldn't overtake. Sainz was on fresher tyres, was faster and thought he could so Verstappen was asked to make way. He refused.