The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22140
    edited July 2015
    Equally amusing to see the first bunch of celebs filmed turning on the coverage: a couple of Spice Girls, what looked like Frankie Dettori, and Ken Clarke. If the VIP guest list got any shitter, we'd be seeing Brundle doing grid interviews with J-Con, Chappers, and Lixarto. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907
    edited July 2015
    I'm about 30 miles from the track and its just started spitting. Might make for an interesting race if it heads that way. Edit: its heavy now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    What a shame Williams didn't get Bottas to pass Massa during the first few laps.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Great race today, gutted that Williams didn't get a podium finish.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27043
    Race of the season. Sad for Williams, but great drives and 2 very good tyre calls from the podium places
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2403
    Just won a tenner on button not completing 1 lap, I feel bad. :(
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Race of the season. Sad for Williams, but great drives and 2 very good tyre calls from the podium places
    No race comes close this season. Excellent stuff. This is what happens when you give drivers a decent track to operate on. Also very good to see the VSC working well. 

• NomadNomad Frets: 549
    Yep, very good race. I thought it was going to settle after the first pit stops and was going to go out for a while. Then the reports of rain came in so I stuck around. Timing of stops for inters were crucial. Loved it when the Williams ran away with the start.

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Williams won't be short of sponsorship. Competing with Ferrari is great. I love new nose on the Force Indias.
    My V key is broken
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12375
    Yup, excellent race. Massa's start was exceptional, it looked like a Scalextric car the way it shot off the line. Shame Williams couldn't maintain the pace for a podium place.
    Might be worth dropping a wee bet on Williams for Monza this year if it stays dry. 

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    What a race in Hungray ... Vettel was superb, Lewis lost his head but at least he was honest in the post race interview about how how poor he was and Rosberg looked crushed trying to blame Ricciardo for his puncture. Felt sorry for Kimi .... worth watching th highlights if you missed it. Best race for years.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11304
    I've not been a fan of F1 for years, but I was too lazy to get up from the sofa earlier and it was the least objectionable thing on telly.

I have a question. The safety car was out and everyone slowed down behind it. Does that mean that cars were able to make up large gaps between them so that when the safety car disappeared driver B was nearer to driver A through no fault of driver A?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27043
    Had half an eye on it while at work. Cracking race. Now I need to download it and watch it properly. Very classy team radio from Seb at the end too. 

And @scrumhalf - yes, that's exactly what happens. Over the course of a season it usually ends up about even, but it's unavoidable cos sometimes (like today) the marshals need a big gap in the cars to sweep a bit of the track.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited July 2015
    scrumhalf said:
    I've not been a fan of F1 for years, but I was too lazy to get up from the sofa earlier and it was the least objectionable thing on telly.

I have a question. The safety car was out and everyone slowed down behind it. Does that mean that cars were able to make up large gaps between them so that when the safety car disappeared driver B was nearer to driver A through no fault of driver A?
    There are two types of safety car - the Virtual Safety Car forces the drivers to stick to a fixed speed but keeps the gap  between them - this is controlled by software. The Physical Safety Car forces the drivers to follow a Mercedes sports car which determines the speed and means the gap closes up between the drivers. This was needed today as the debris on the straight needed to be cleared so the cars were forced to take a shortcut through the pits. I do think there should be an extra parade lap after the safety car has gone in to allow the tyres to get back to temperature. Hamilton wasn't the only one caught out by cold tyres and it ruined Ricciardo's race.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    The Hungaroring is one of the most underrated tracks out there. It's delivered some great races over the years. I'd rather watch a whole season take place there than one race at Monaco. 

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1303
    I didn't think it was a great race.  Just lots of incidents and collisions.  More struggling (impossibility) to overtake anywhere except with DRS down the main straight.  More Merc/Renault engine disparity.  

Even with the safety car squeezing the field together again, we were denied any chance of a real fight by Hamilton's mistake.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    More proof, if we needed it, that Malfunctionado is a wanker.

• musicegbdfmusicegbdf Frets: 409
    Exciting spectacle , and some interesting racing. Hamster was lucky , and will give him a good wake up call. Britney was unlucky , but also did not make the bed of his chance.
    Merc need to sort out their starts , I a sure if he had a good start hamster would have walked it.
    Good race , no have seen better . As I say a spectacle.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12375
    chillidoggy;717788" said:
    More proof, if we needed it, that Malfunctionado is a wanker.
    Yes. How many penalties did he pick up during the race? 2? 3? Can't see him getting a seat next season, no matter how much money he brings with him. Idiot.