The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    F1 isn't worth my time watching it. And Lewis is becoming annoying again.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/features/33135635

I'm sorry you couldn't buy fancy clothes when Mclaren was paying for your karting career.

And point of order Maclaren make strollers not racing cars. But then again McLaren don't make racing cars either.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Hamster blaming his clutch. Give me strength, can he never admit he fucked up royally?

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    chillidoggy said:
    Hamster blaming his clutch. Give me strength, can he never admit he fucked up royally?
    In fairness Merc have said they have had clutch problems .. Rosberg has suffered twice so Merc redesigned his clutch set-up. And in fairness to Lewis he acknowledged Rosberg has had clutch problems in recent races.

You can't screw up as these days as the launch in on auto .. there's an argument to going back to the old days with no launch control.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    All the positive spin in interviews from Button and Alonso can only be for the benefit of sponsors. They can't possibly mean it... :-(
    Red ones are better. 
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Fretwired said:
    chillidoggy said:
    In fairness Merc have said they have had clutch problems .. Rosberg has suffered twice so Merc redesigned his clutch set-up. And in fairness to Lewis he acknowledged Rosberg has had clutch problems in recent races.

You can't screw up as these days as the launch in on auto .. there's an argument to going back to the old days with no launch control.
    Launch control has been banned in F1 since 2008
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12375
    TimmyO;679113" said:
    All the positive spin in interviews from Button and Alonso can only be for the benefit of sponsors. They can't possibly mean it... :-(
    Jenson has always been fairly laid back about problems but I'm amazed that Alonso has stayed so calm. They must have Ron Dennis strapped to a chair after every failure and then the drivers get to kick the shit out of him.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark_25Mark_25 Frets: 20

I'm sorry you couldn't buy fancy clothes when Mclaren was paying for your karting career.

And point of order Maclaren make strollers not racing cars. But then again McLaren don't make racing cars either.
    Lewis never stopped being annoying for me. I find his childish mood swings if he does anything other than win tedious. Rosberg all the way.
  • Mark_25Mark_25 Frets: 20

Lewis never stopped being annoying for me. I find his childish mood swings if he does anything other than win tedious. Rosberg all the way.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just stumbled across these photos I took at a Jordan test day, must have been around '98 or '99. I can't remember when it was, but it was not a brilliant day weather-wise, but nevertheless incredibly interesting, and Damon Hill and Mike Gascoyne gave us a talk afterwards.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    That hornet livery was great. Hard to believe they won races when you see where they were by the end/
    My V key is broken
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22140
    The Formula E stuff in London this weekend was excellent. Between Goodwood and London, it's been a fabulous motorsport weekend. 

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12375
    Watched a bit of Formula E yesterday. It looks pretty exciting and there's some brilliant ex F1 drivers in there but I can't get my head round the noise, or rather the lack of proper engine sounds. It all sounded like a giant Scalextric set.

I didn't like it. :(
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    boogieman said:
    Watched a bit of Formula E yesterday. It looks pretty exciting and there's some brilliant ex F1 drivers in there but I can't get my head round the noise, or rather the lack of proper engine sounds. It all sounded like a giant Scalextric set.

I didn't like it. :(
    There are those, like Sir Richard Branson, who think it will eclipse F1 as it is technologically more advanced and in the long run will be more important to the likes of Renualt, Mercedes, BMW and Honda. This could be good news for F1 as it can return to noise, big engines and undriveable cars for some serious racing action.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • HippoPeteHippoPete Frets: 125
    The formula-E cars just need powerful speakers to make them sound like Pod Racers and then it's a total win for me. Joking aside, although it's early days, this has to be the future and I love a screaming V10 as much as anyone.
    They don't want your name, they just want your number.
  • XWulfhereXWulfhere Frets: 416
    I was at the BTCC at Croft at the weekend, thought it was great! Not just the main event either, there was some really great action in the support races. I might start watching it from now on telly, it was ace.
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27043
    Excellent racing on a tight track and more overtakes than 70 laps of Monaco. And the barriers give some jeopardy- if you go off, you're buggered.

It doesn't hurt that half the drivers are those plenty quick enough for F1 by without enough cash to hold a mid-level seat.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1303
    The track was a bit disappointing, imo. Parkland is okay, but when all you ever see is trees, there's not much point in being in London. Just a bit too tight, also.
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    Wulfhere said:
    I was at the BTCC at Croft at the weekend, thought it was great! Not just the main event either, there was some really great action in the support races. I might start watching it from now on telly, it was ace.
    IMHO The BTCC is about as good racing gets at the moment. ITV4 coverage is great. Takes a bit of fast forwarding though as they cover the whole day around 6-7 hours! Well worth it though.

Not seen this weekends races yet so please no spoilers!   
    I've watched Formula E. The cars remind me of toys. I'm not liking it at the moment.

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22140

Nice of David Lee Roth to attend Silverstone this weekend. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom