The F1 thread

What's Hot

Comments

• If ITV want any credibility they should run the races without a single ad break. No-one would mind the odd banner ad or something for a few seconds if it meant no ads mid-race.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If ITV want any credibility they should run the races without a single ad break. No-one would mind the odd banner ad or something for a few seconds if it meant no ads mid-race.

They've already signed up Keith Lemon to present the coverage. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    If ITV want any credibility they should run the races without a single ad break. No-one would mind the odd banner ad or something for a few seconds if it meant no ads mid-race.
    Although this year you could have shown an episode of Game of Thrones and come back to find nothing had changed.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    /\ True, but unless we want to pay Sky, what's the alternative?

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    /\ True, but unless we want to pay Sky, what's the alternative?
    The BBC could have had a brilliant plan to keep their viewers.

"The race is a bit tedious now so we're off for a short Top Gear special .. back soon"

In fact had they got Clarkson, May and the Hamster to present F1 it would have been more fun.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Fretwired said:
    If ITV want any credibility they should run the races without a single ad break. No-one would mind the odd banner ad or something for a few seconds if it meant no ads mid-race.
    Although this year you could have shown an episode of Game of Thrones and come back to find nothing had changed.
    Ain't that the truth! I was a late starter on GoT and binged on the box sets of seasons 1-4 just in time to see S5 air. What a drop in quality!

You know nothing Suzy Perry
  • Fretwired said:
    In fact had they got Clarkson, May and the Hamster to present F1 it would have been more fun.
    Bernie, Big Ron, and Clarkson: how many more old bastards do we need in F1?!? 

• NomadNomad Frets: 549
    edited December 2015

Official word from the BBC on ending F1 broadcasting - but it goes to Channel4...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35149963

Nomad
    Nobody loves me but my mother... and she could be jivin' too...

• Nomad said:

Official word from the BBC on ending F1 broadcasting - but it goes to Channel4...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35149963

Ahhhhahhhhaaaaahhhhahaaaaahhahhhahhhhahahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Fucking brilliant. 

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Channel adbreak 4 adbreak could adbreak be adbreak in adbreak terest adbreak ing adbreak
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited December 2015
    Channel 4 will show 10 races live, as well as highlights of all 21 races over the course of the year, while – in an unprecedented move for a free-to-air commercial station – it televise the live races without advertising breaks. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowen said:
    Channel adbreak 4 adbreak could adbreak be adbreak in adbreak terest adbreak ing adbreak
    Hopefully done by the same production team who gave us The Jump. 

No ad breaks during the races is good.

Presenting team to be announced next year - I guess they want to see how many of the existing ones they can get. Hopefully, at least Suzi, EJ and DC. If they can get Brundle back in as lead commentator, that would be a score (MB and DC together were rather good, I thought).

Nomad

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22408
    edited December 2015

Bernie Ecclestone, Chief Executive Officer of the Formula One group said: “I am sorry that the BBC could not comply with their contract but I am happy that we now have a broadcaster that can broadcast Formula 1® events without commercial intervals during the race.

“I am confident that Channel 4 will achieve not only how the BBC carried out the broadcast in the past but also with a new approach as the World and Formula 1® have moved on.”

Yes Bernie, a new approach and moving on is a good thing so do as you say and sod off. Can't wait for next year's viewing figures. They're going to be more exciting than the races. 

• Actually, maybe we can go retro. Remember the days of the BBC doing rallycross? I'd be down for some of that at the weekend. 

Wow! Didn't see that one coming! Good news it's still free to view, though.

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4936
    Nomad said:

No ad breaks during the races is good.

Presenting team to be announced next year - I guess they want to see how many of the existing ones they can get. Hopefully, at least Suzi, EJ and DC. If they can get Brundle back in as lead commentator, that would be a score (MB and DC together were rather good, I thought).

All but the Irish dwarf, pleeease!  Agree about MB and DC though.
    I like Ben Edwards, and if they can get Brundle, that'll be cool. EJ's a twat, and I don't like DC, either. Suzi Perry is just eye-candy, but to be fair she does that very well.

Nitefly said:
    All but the Irish dwarf, pleeease!  
    I like the way he talks shit and slags the teams off. :)

Nomad